In order to speed up or slow down the video clips, you need to know what actually, is a video speed.
A video speed is the playback rate compared to the rate at which the video was recorded. A clip plays at default, plays at its normal speed i.e. 100 percent speed.
Video duration is the amount of time a video clip takes from In point to the Out point. You can set a duration for video clips, letting them speed up or slow down to fill the duration. You can do the same for still image clips, but without the changes in speed.
How to speed up/slow down clips in Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the most popular video editing software that allows the users to edit the videos the way they want with tons of exciting features and specifications. Speeding up and slowing down the videos is something that people often want to do and that is why we are providing a step-by-step guide that will help you change the speed of your videos using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- In the Timeline panel or Project panel, select one or more those clips of which you want to change the speeds. Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) clips to select a non-contiguous group of clips in the Project panel.
- Right-click over a selected clip and choose Speed/Duration.
- To maintain the audio speed, Check mark the Maintain Audio box.
- To play the clip in reversed mode, check the box next to Reverse Clip.
- Click OK button.
- Watch your videos in changed speed.
How to speed up/slow down video using Adobe Premiere Pro alternative
Adobe Premiere Pro has a difficult user interface that many users find very it tough to operate. They look for alternatives and go for other options rather just sticking to Adobe Premiere Pro. The complex user interface and same old features have made Adobe Premiere Pro the last choice for the users that is why they switch their video editing software. Filmora has become the next best alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro with its simple and user-friendly interface. If you are a Filmora user, here is a simple guide to change the speed of your videos using Filmora:
- Add videos to the program.
- Drag and Move them to the timeline.
- Double click the video on the timeline to open the video editing dialogue box.
- Locate the Speed option, and the speed numbers will indicate how fast or slow the motion effects will be. Adjust to the speed you want.
- Click OK.
- Watch the videos play in adjusted speed.
Filmora also has a feature to change the audio speed to sync with the video speed and it also lets you maintain the original speed. Filmora has many advantages and benefits. Longer trial period, tons of exciting features and a very simple user interface makes it a preferred choice for the users.