- DaVinci Resolve 12.5 User Guide
- 1. DaVinci Resolve Alternatives+
- 1.1 Top 5 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Alternatives
- 1.2 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 vs. DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio
- 1.3 Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.4 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs HitFilm 4 Express
- 2. Basic Video Editing +
- 2.1 Top 8 Video Editing Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 2.2 How to Add Logo to Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.3 How to Add Titles in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.4 How to Stabilize Video Footage in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.5 How to Blur Face in Video with DaVinci Resolve
- 2.6 How to Compare Clips in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.7 How to Save Automatically in DaVinci Resolve
- 3. Advanced Video Editing +
- 3.1 How to Use Multicam Editing in DaVinci Resolveo
- 3.2 How to Use Point Tracker in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.3 How to Use Log Grading in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.4 How to Do a Green Screen Composite with DaVinci Resolve
- 3.5 How to Create a 3D Text in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.6 How to Round Trip from Final Cut Pro to DaVinci Resolve
- 3.7 How to Make a Slow Motion Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.8 How to Use Dynamic Zoom in DaVinci Resolve
- 4. Audio Editing +
- 5.Color Correction+
- 5.1 Color Grading Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.2 How to Use DaVinci Resolve for Automatic Video Color Correction
- 5.3 How to Fix White Balance in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.4 How to Match Skintones Perfectly in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.5 How to Use Qualifier in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.6 Shot Matching Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.7 Fastest Ways to Get Film Look in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.8 How to Create LUTs in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.9 Using Power Grades in DaVinci Resolve
- 6. Tips and Tricks+
- 6.1 How to Remove Black Sun Spots in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.2 How to Use Smart Bins in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.3 How to Import Video Files into DaVinci Resolve
- 6.4 How to Export video in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.5 Using Scene Detection in DaVinci Resolve
- 7. Resources and Troubleshooting+
How to Add Logo to Video in DaVinci Resolve
Images and videos published on the web are exposed to the threat of piracy and unrestricted use. Won’t you feel livid if someone publishes your pictures on their posts taking all the credit? Thus, at times it is important to watermark your pictures to retain its authenticity. In other words, watermarks act as the pseudonyms of the digital video. The world of photography and videos generates a lot of endless debates that circle the Web but DaVinci Resolve dominates them when it comes to watermarking! Its user friendly interface makes it possible to generate a video with sequences of visual effects by incorporating watermark burn-ins! In this article, we will introduce two ways to add a logo or watermark to your video in DaVinci Resolve as a method of identifying the creator!
An Easier Way to add a logo/watermark in post-production with Wondershare Filmora
If you are finding an easier way to add a watermark to your video, we recommend the Wondershare Filmora. It helps you in adding a watermark at no cost. It is easy and quick to use Filmora to add watermark to a static image as well as to a video in 4 easy steps as listed below:
- Import video and watermark files to Filmora: You can simply import the videos and watermarks from your album to Filmora. It supports almost all kinds of video formats.
- Prepare the timeline: After importing them, begin adding them to the timeline. Video will be added to the video track and the watermark image will be added to ‘Picture-in-Picture’ track which is just below the video track. Drag the watermark to extend it till the end of the video.
- Adjusting of watermark: You can adjust the size, placement, transparency and shadows of watermark by choosing from 30 different kinds of motion, masks and position effects.
- Saving and sharing watermarked videos: After customization is completed as part of the above steps, save the watermarked video in the desired format or share it directly through your YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo accounts.
For more detailed information, you can check How to Watermark a Video with Video or Photo .
How to add Logo in DaVinci Resolve?
Method 1Add Logo/watermark image to Video in DaVinci Resolve
- Prepare the logo/watermark photo which you want to apply on the video. You can prepare it on any photo edit tool. Make sure the background of the watermark is transparent so that it can sit on your picture without spoiling its real beauty.
- Once the logo is ready, open DaVinci Resolve and import the video (or simply drag it) on which you want to affix the watermark along with watermark prepared.
- Now is the time to place video and image on the timeline such that the watermark fits onto the video. Expand the logo image to have the same duration of the video clip.
- Go to the Color page, select the Sizing palette and adjust parameters such as the pan, tilt and zoom to adjust the position and size.
- Now your video is ready with the watermark, just select the Deliver page and add it to the Render Queue. Before adding to the queue, choose the desired format, for instance 720p, 1080p or so on YouTube, Vimeo & Custom.
- The last step is to select Start Render in the render queue.
Method 2Add Logo/Watermark in Data Burn-in in DaVinci Resolve
Data Burn-in palette of the Color page also allows to add a watermark or logo in the media. Here is how this can be done quickly:
- Select the Color page.
- Select Data Burn-in palette to initiate burning of effects and select Project or Clip mode.
- Select Logo 1/Logo 2/Logo 3 checkbox accordingly and then import the Logo image.
- Now adjust the positioning of the Logo. If the Logo will be used regularly, you can save this preset by clicking on the Create button. You can add a name to save and load it separately.
- Now similar to Method 1, select the Deliver page and start render in the render queue panel. This way videos can be formatted with the help of a number of features and flexibility.
You may also like: How to Add Titles in DaVinci Resolve
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>