How to Remove Black Sun Spots in DaVinci Resolve
Most of the filmmakers are searching for an effective solution to black sun effect problem. In most of the cases, black sun spot is observed as an artefact produced due to over exposure. It is commonly found in videos that are generated during recording under direct sunlight. The central position of an overexposed image automatically gets clipped to black and it leaves a bad impression on footage.
Although, this issue is not observed with all cameras but the digital cinema cameras use to suffer with this issue hence one need to apply proper care for handling such issues. The article below will help you to fix this black sun spot issue using DVR software tool.
If you are looking for an alternative to DaVinci Resolve which is easy to use yet powerful, you should not miss Wondershare Filmora. Filmora provides not only the basic video editing features like trimming, merging, cropping and splitting, but also some advanced tools which allow you to make a green screen video, split-screen video, a tilt shift video. Besides, you can use some built in video effects or effects pack from Filmora Effects Store to make your video stunning.
Related: Best Alternatives to DaVinci Resolve
Method 1: How to remove Black Sun Artifacts:
Step 1: Move to the Colour Page and generate Serial Node:
The very first task for users is to import their footage on DVR timeline and after that they simply need to go to Colour page. Using Node editor function or Alt+ S they can create Serial Node.
Step 2: Make a Power Window:
In the second step, user needs to develop a power window that can cover the black sport over footage. The best trick is to generate a small circular window and position it right above the ugly black hole. Although, users may wish to improve softness in their editing results but it is advised to limit window size up to required dimensions very carefully.
Step 3: Track your Power Window:
As you have already created this window so now it is time to track the mask on black spot using tracker. Track backward and forward buttons will help you to execute this task, it will perform analysis over clip and then tracking data will be updated.
Those who are working on locked-off shots using tripod can avoid this step but in case if you are tilting, panning or shooting handheld then it becomes important to track window. Once this tracking task is complete then you can move ahead to final step.
Step 4: Level Adjustment:
After executing 3rd step, your window must have been accurately tracked that black spot on the screen. Now you have to lift the shadows in your footage as much as possible. The simplest method to execute this task is to use left wheel for tracking and apply this effect till the time black hole completely turns to white colour. It will help you to get rid of black sport from footage and the final image will appear perfectly clean and fine.
Method 2: How to Remove Sun Spots Easier
You will be glad to know that DaVinci Resolve also consists of built in type Black Sun Highlight Correction feature. Using this facility you can easily remove the black sun spot. All that you need to do is:
Right click on thumbnail of your affected clip on colour page timeline and then apply Black Sun Highlight Correction feature from contextual menu.
You may also like:Useful Shortcuts in DaVinci Resolve
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- DaVinci Resolve 12.5 User Guide
- 1. DaVinci Resolve Alternatives+
- 1.1 Top 5 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Alternatives
- 1.2 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 vs. DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio
- 1.3 Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.4 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs HitFilm 4 Express
- 2. Basic Video Editing +
- 2.1 Top 8 Video Editing Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 2.2 How to Add Logo to Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.3 How to Add Titles in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.4 How to Stabilize Video Footage in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.5 How to Blur Face in Video with DaVinci Resolve
- 2.6 How to Compare Clips in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.7 How to Save Automatically in DaVinci Resolve
- 3. Advanced Video Editing +
- 3.1 How to Use Multicam Editing in DaVinci Resolveo
- 3.2 How to Use Point Tracker in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.3 How to Use Log Grading in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.4 How to Do a Green Screen Composite with DaVinci Resolve
- 3.5 How to Create a 3D Text in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.6 How to Round Trip from Final Cut Pro to DaVinci Resolve
- 3.7 How to Make a Slow Motion Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.8 How to Use Dynamic Zoom in DaVinci Resolve
- 4. Audio Editing +
- 5.Color Correction+
- 5.1 Color Grading Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.2 How to Use DaVinci Resolve for Automatic Video Color Correction
- 5.3 How to Fix White Balance in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.4 How to Match Skintones Perfectly in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.5 How to Use Qualifier in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.6 Shot Matching Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.7 Fastest Ways to Get Film Look in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.8 How to Create LUTs in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.9 Using Power Grades in DaVinci Resolve
- 6. Tips and Tricks+
- 6.1 How to Remove Black Sun Spots in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.2 How to Use Smart Bins in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.3 How to Import Video Files into DaVinci Resolve
- 6.4 How to Export video in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.5 Using Scene Detection in DaVinci Resolve
- 7. Resources and Troubleshooting+