- • Facebook Guide
- 1. About Facebook+
- 1.1 Everything About Facebook
- 1.2 Top 5 New Facebook Features in 2017 You Should Know
- 1.3 Everything About Facebook Live Split Screen You Should Know
- 2. Facebook Alternatives+
- 3. Facebook Live+
- 3.1 How to Live Stream 360 Video on Facebook
- 3.2 Top 8 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Facebook Live
- 3.3 How to live stream to Facebook with wirecast
- 3.4 How to livestream on Facebook from android and iOS
- 3.5 How to live stream game to Facebook via Xsplit
- 3.6 How to live stream Facebook from PC, Mac or Laptop with OBS
- 3.7 How to Use DSLR for Facebook Live on your PC or Mac
- 3.8 How to Live Stream Xbox to Facebook Live
- 3.9 How to Stream iOS Android Screen, Games or Apps to Facebook Live
- 3.10 How to live stream to facebook from DJI Drone
- 4. Facebook 360+
- 4.1 What is Facebook 360 Video
- 4.2 How to Post 360 Photos on iOS/Android to Facebook
- 4.3 How to take 360 Videos on iPhone for Facebook
- 5. Facebook Video Download+
- 5.1 Top 10 Facebook Video Downloaders for Android
- 5.2 Top 5 Facebook Video Downloader for iOS
- 5.3 Top 5 Online Facebook Video Downloader
- 5.4 How to Download Facebook Videos on Wins/Mac
- 6. Facebook Video Editing+
- 6.1 Facebook Video Maker: How to Make Facebook Video
- 6.2 How to Make your Profile Video More Attractive
- 6.3 How to Watermark Your Facebook Photos/Videos
- 6.4 How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
- 6.5 How to Create and Change Video Cover on Facebook
- 6.6 How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
- 6.7 Top 10 Best Online Facebook Cover Photo Makers
- 6.8 Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for Facebook Video Ads
- 6.9 How to Make Better Facebook Video Ads
- 6.10 How to Use Facebook Slideshow to Make a Video
- 7. Facebook Tips+
How to Delete Your Facebook Account
Though Facebook is one of the best ways of keeping in touch with your friends and family, yet at times, some of us tend to be rather overwhelmed with the continuous flood of texts, likes, updates and advertisements. Moreover the advent of smartphones has made our engagement with social media all the more addictive. There is no lack of reasons why people want to do away with all social media engagements- maybe you are sick of all those food pictures your friend uploads or you are a rebel who doesn’t like to conform.
In a survey conducted by the researchers of the University of Winchester 10 self-proclaimed Facebook addicts were told to stop using Facebook for one month. Most of them have reported becoming totally alienated from friends and family and some even said that they felt absolutely cut off from the rest of the world. If you are tired of the constant Facebook notifications and want to take some time off social media then keep reading this article where we are going to tell you everything about how to delete your Facebook account.
- Differences between deactivating your account and deleting your account
- Consequence of deleting Facebook account
- How to Deactivate the Facebook Account
- How to delete Facebook account permanently
You may also like: How to Add, Upload and Embed Video to LinkedIn Company Page >>
Part 1: Differences between deactivating and deleting your account
If you are sick of your social media presence, then you have two options before you- you can either choose to deactivate your account or delete it permanently.
Deactivating your Facebook account implies:
1. You will be able to reactivate your account at any given time
2. Nobody will be able to find you on Facebook or view your timeline
3. The messages sent by you to your friends are going to remain visible
4. All your account information like your friends and interests are saved by Facebook
Deleting your Facebook account is something more serious. If you are considering to take a break from Facebook then you can just deactivate your account for a few weeks. However if you have decided to leave Facebook for good then you should consider deleting your account.
Part 2: When you delete your Facebook account
1. The process of deletion is delayed for a few days after you have made the request. In case you log back in during this grace period your deletion would be automatically cancelled by Facebook.
2. Once you have deleted your account you will not be able to log on to Facebook with your account
3. The data which has been stored in the backup systems can take up to 90 days to be completely deleted. However nobody else would be able to access your information during this period.
4. There are certain things which aren’t stored in the account such as the messages sent by you.
5. Copies of your log records and other materials might stay in the database of Facebook, but they are no longer associated with personal identifiers
Deactivating your Facebook account is a good way to take a break from Facebook for a while, but deleting it an irrevocable action so spend some time thinking about it before deciding.
Part 3: How to Deactivate the Facebook Account
Deactivating the account temporarily would allow you to return to Facebook anytime you feel like.
1. Click the down arrow on the top right of your FB page
2. Choose ‘Settings’
3. Click the ‘Security’ button on the left column
4. Select ‘Deactivate your account’ and keep following the steps to confirm
Deactivating your Facebook account on Smartphone:
1. Tap the More button and then hit ‘Settings’
2. Choose ‘Account Settings’ and then choose ‘Security’
3. In the Security Settings screen you will find the ‘Account’ option
4. Now tap Deactivate
5. Enter your FB account password to continue
If you want to come back to Facebook you can reactivate your account whenever you want by logging back in with your email and password. Your profile will remain intact.
Part 4: How to delete Facebook account permanently
If you don’t want to use Facebook ever again then you need to delete your account permanently. However, once the account has been permanently deleted there is no option of reactivating it or retrieving anything previous shared. Ideally you need to download a copy of all your information for Facebook before you go about deleting it permanently.
1. Click the down arrow on the top right of the Facebook page
2. Choose the settings button
3. Now you will find the General Account Settings window. You need to hit on the link right in the bottom of the main menu saying ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’.
4. Hit on ‘Start My Archive’. The file which would download is going to have all the information for your Facebook profile. Therefore, you need to be very careful about where to store it.
5. Now you need to visit https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account and then click on the ‘Delete My Account’ button.
6. Now you are almost done deleting your Facebook account and all you need to do is confirm the steps of the process of deletion.
It could take up to 90 days for FB to delete all your activity on Facebook. While your posts are getting deleted, nobody is going to be able to view your profile. However the messages sent by you to a friend might still be present in her/his inbox.
But you may have had some good memories on Facebook, and if you want to continue on Facebook, you can also make some videos. Here, we recommend you Wondershare Filmora. Watch the video below to get some idea about making a video with Filmora.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>