Unfortunately, you cannot transfer custom effects from Filmora8 to Filmora9. Filmora8 and older versions do not share effect built-in system with Filmora9. However, the effects purchased from the Filmora Effect Store, can still downloaded and installed on Filmora9.
If you happen to receive an error “Oops! Looks like you can’t use this effect” while applying the effect to the timeline, please click Connect your accounts and login your effect store account.
It will pop up a window as below shows. Please type the email address and password for your other Effects Store account or Wondershare ID.
All the effects associated with your old account will be available under My Effects after you press Update.
After you subscribe, you can follow below instructions to download and install the effect pack you want.
1. Launch Filmora, and select Full Feature Mode.
2. Select MORE EFFECTS at the upper right corner, it will pop up a browser.
3. Please click Sign In.
4. Log in your effects store account the email you subscribed at the very beginning.
5. Go back to effects store. Find the effect pack you want, and then click Download.
6. A message that “Your download has started! You can find your effects in “My Effects” page” will pop up. You can click OK button and go to My Effects to check the installation status instantly.
7. After installation, you can click here to find your installed effects.