Mother's Day Video Maker - Wondershare Filmora
Provide abundant video effects - A creative video editor
Powerful color correction and grading
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Mothers hold a special place for every individual as they are the driving force in everyone’s life. The special bond between a mother and child includes various sentiments, experiences, and memories. To admire and cherish this relationship, people across the world have dedicated a special day for their mothers that comes on the very second Sunday of May.
To celebrate this particular day, people plan surprises and special gifts to acknowledge the role of their mothers. On the 8th of May 2022, you can gift your mother a customized card to express your gratitude to them. In this article, we have mentioned the best Mother’s Day card ideas that you can design and decorate quickly and easily.
In this article
Part 1: Best 20 Mother’s Day Card Ideas
1. Colorful Chalkboard Card
This unique Mother’s Day card comprises a chalkboard that you decorate by writing phrases in various colors. You can craft designs, cartoons, and illustrations to show how much you love your mother.
2. Floral Designed Card
What elements are needed to make a simple yet elegant Happy Mother’s Day card? Take inspiration from this floral-designed card and create your own special card using vibrant color combinations and flower designs. You can also use your mother’s favorite flower to make this card to acknowledge their presence.
3. Like Mother Like Daughter
Daughters always get this compliment that they resemble their mothers. The reason is that daughters share a special and close bond with their mothers, and that reflects on their personalities. Through this special card, daughters can express their admiration for their mothers.
4. Your Mother is the Best
If you don’t want something fancy and complicated, just express your sentiments and emotions by thanking your mother straightforwardly. This simple yet classic card will reflect that you have the world’s best mother.
5. Acknowledge Mother’s Struggles
What makes motherhood sacrificing and tough is that it’s a never-ending job. From toddlers to teenagers and then to grown-ups, we all need our mothers to be there for us no matter what.
6. Hand-Drawn Typography Card
If your mother loves vintage, natural, and organic details, gift this card that has an illusion of hand-drawn typography and drawings. This can depict how pure and organic is mother’s love towards her children is.
7. Wooden Bamboo Card
Does your mother love to keep wooden things? Then gift this special wooden Mother’s Day card that has carved expressions and feelings of love and gratitude. This type of card stands out among ordinary cards, and your mother would love to keep it to cherish the memories associated with it.
8. Super Mom Card
All mothers are superheroes as they manage and organize our lives and home in the best way possible without complaining. Acknowledge their braveness and strength and wish them a super mom card this year.
9. Mothers are True Best Friends
Who is that person who is always there for you in very thick and thin? Obviously, our mothers are the ultimate person that guides and teaches us life lessons, and they are always available without asking us any demands. Give this card to express that your mother is an ultimate true best friend.
10. Cute Butterflies Card
Sometimes, simple yet cute little things work out pretty well in sharing your emotions. This Mother’s Day, gift this butterfly card by making a captivating contrast of the colors and designs.
11. A Funny Mother’s Day Card
Does your mother have a great sense of humor? Then, gift this funny Mother’s Day card that has a food-related pun to cheer the mood of your mother and to make them laugh.
12. Sarcastic Way to Honor Motherhood
Mothers with newborns and toddlers strive hard to serve their children every time. Sometimes, it can make them exhausted and tired, but these feelings are part of motherhood. This year, honor and appreciate new moms that are giving their best for the upbringing of their kids.
13. My Favorite Human
Mothers are the biggest support system in our lives which makes them our favorite people. Nobody can replace their affection, sincerity, and dedication towards us, and they deserve to be treated as special and important. Wish your favorite person this beautiful card with your full sincerity.
14. Handmade Glittery Card
Do you want to add your personal touch and contribution to crafting a Happy Mother’s Day card? You can make a card by pasting cute designs, drawing sceneries, adding ribbons, and can embellish it with glitters. Through this little effort, you can show empathy and sincerity to your mother in a most enjoyable way.
15. Describe your Mom!
Every single mother has common attributes, such as she is a lie detector and how she yells at certain things. This card will describe your mother’s traits that indirectly show how much she means to you and your family.
16. Second Child Syndrome
Second or middle child syndrome is real as all the firstborns get the most attention. This funny card reflects the real struggles and complaints of the middle child in every family.
17. Rate your Mother
We all have rated movies, restaurants, and apps but have you ever tried to rate your mother? This funny and innovative card will surely make you laugh by rating your mother through stars and reviews.
18. Mothers Who are Tea Lovers
Most mothers are tea lovers and have a great interest in fancy teacups. Give a happy Mother’s Day card that includes cute illustrations of teacups made of mixed colors and styles.
19. Cute Photo Card
Do you want something creative and new for a Mother’s Day card? This card is a unique way to wish Mother’s Day by inserting your favorite and memorable photo in it.
20. Hand Embroidered Card
Embroidered cards are also in that catch the instant attention of the viewer. Take inspiration from this card so that you can craft a Mother’s Day card comprising embellishing hand embroidery.
Part 2: Mother’s Day Card Messages and Sayings
The right choice of words can deliver our emotions and feelings in an elegant way. In this section, we have combined multiple Mother’s Day card messages and sayings that you can write for your mother on the special card.
Funny Mother’s Day Card Messages
If you have a frank and enjoy a funny relationship with your mother, wish them Mother’s Day through the following hilarious messages:
- Mom, I know it's hard for you on Mother’s Day... to hide the fact that I'm your *favorite* child. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You're a very special mom, so I'd like to give you a very special gift. You can have either a hug or a million dollars, whichever you prefer. **BIG HUG!** Do I know you well, or what!?
- Raising me took a lot of patience and strength. Thanks for hanging in there.
- “I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.”
- Flowers? Chocolates? Prosecco? They aren’t the best gift for you really! Luckily, you’ve got me!
Short Mother’s Day Card Messages
If you want something simple and elegant to express your feelings, use these sweet and short Mother’s Day card messages to express your love:
- Whatever happens in my life, be certain of only one thing: I’ll always love you.
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
- We love you, Mom! Thanks for all you do for our family. We hope you have a lovely Mother’s Day.
- Because I know I can call you anytime. Thank you for your constant love throughout everything.
- “Mother’s Day is every day when you have a gift of a child like me!”
Happy Mother’s Day Messages for Grandma
Mother’s Day is not only restricted to our biological mothers as we can take this opportunity to appreciate our grandmothers who love and adore us by using these Mother’s Day card messages:
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Gram-gram! Thanks for always spoiling me and sneaking me cookies!”
- “It’s too bad they don’t have a Grandmother’s Day, that way we’d have two days a year to celebrate all that you do! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! You are an amazing mom and a brilliant grandmother, and we all love you very much!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! Thanks for always believing in me and cheering me on.
- “Happy Mother’s Day to our matriarch! Thank you for all the love and work you put into this family!”
Famous Mother’s Day Card Sayings
There are several famous quotes and sayings that truly depict the dedication, struggle, and love of our mothers. These sayings define what motherhood is and why this relationship is so superior and special to other relationships:
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” – Meryl Streep.
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie.
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power” – Maya Angelou
Mothers are the most special human beings in our lives due to their constant contribution and affection. Everyone should recognize the love and sincerity of their mothers to honor this unmatchable bond. On this Mother’s Day, make them feel important by giving them beautiful, elegant Mother’s Day cards. Explore this article and get innovative Mother’s Day card ideas to make your favorite person smile and happy.