Learn how to use Wondershare Filmora (Animation) to make engaging animated videos.
You can use keyframing to create custom animations.
You create a keyframe to specify what values for animatable qualities should be on specific frames of your video. For example, if you set one value for scale (size) at the 0:30 timestamp and a larger value for scale at the 1:00 timestamp, the piece of media you are keyframing will grow between those two keyframes.
You can keyframe scale (size), position, rotation, and opacity.
1. Add and Edit Keyframes
Here’s how to create keyframes:
- Add a video clip, image, or motion element to your timeline. Then right-click it, and select Add Animation.
- In the menu that opens, click into the Animation tab, and select Customize.
- Move the indicator to the timestamp where you want to create a keyframe, and click Add.
- Then you will see the keyframe you added to the video clip. And you can set values in the keyframing menu or drag the media in the preview to adjust its size, placement, and rotation for the keyframe.
- Move the indicator again to the second or third timestamps, then click Add to add more keyframes, and adjust the rotate, scale, position, and opacity values as you like.
- Playback your video on the timeline and check the animation you create. And you can also right-click the keyframe on the video clip to edit, delete or clear the keyframes you created.
2. Preset Animations
Besides creating custom animations, you can also save time by animating with presets.
- Double click on a clip, image, or element in your timeline to open the editing menu. From there, click into the animation tab and choose Preset.
- Find a preset you like and apply it by dragging it into the timeline, double-clicking on it, or right-clicking it.
- You can edit or delete the preset animation by clicking the keyframe on the video clip, and customize the rotate, scale, position, and opacity values you want.