The AI Portrait is a creative AI effect in Wondershare Filmora. It can remove video backgrounds easily without using a Green Screen or Chroma Key, and allows you to add borders, glitch effects, pixelated, noise, or segmentation video effects.
Note:The AI Portrait add-on can be added to Wondershare Filmora for an additional payment (subscription). A Filmora license is not included with your purchase of this Add-on.
The AI Portrait Add-on works best for real and single subjects facing the camera straight on. Multi-person portraits, fast movements, and backlights will influence the result of the AI Portrait. Follow these steps to remove the video background with the AI Portrait Add-on:
Import the video footage to the timeline, and then go to Effects>AI Portrait on the top toolbar. You will see all the 21 AI Portrait effects here.
Click the AI Portrait thumbnail and check it in the preview window. To add the AI Portrait effects, drag the AI Portrait effect to the timeline or click the Add icon on the AI Portrait thumbnail. A window will pop up to remind you to purchase the AI Effect. You can either ignore it to try it or purchase it directly.
Elongate or shorten the AI Portrait effect to fit the video clip length. Play the video and check the results. Add multiple AI Portrait effects to the clip by dragging and dropping them to the timeline.
Adjust the settings of the AI Portrait effect to get the best results. Different AI Portraits have different settings. Double click the added AI Portrait effect in the timeline and scroll down to Video Effects, check the settings of the portrait effect that you can change. Let's take Human Noise for example:
- Percentage: Indicates the amount of noise of the portrait effect in the clip. The range is 0% (no effect) to 100% (the portrait may not be recognizable).
- Alpha: Defines transparency areas in the portrait effect. 0 means invisible (no effect), and 100% means full effect.
- Edge Thickness: Indicates the width of the edge. Lower value means smaller width, and larger value means wider width.
- Edge Feather: Indicates the blur range of the portrait effect edges. The greater the feathering value, the hazier the range.
If you are not satisfied with your settings, you can click on the Restore button next to the value boxes.
To delete the AI Portrait Effects, you have three ways:
- Uncheck the effect option under Video Effects, and the portrait effect will be disabled automatically.
- Select the unwanted Portrait Effects and tab the Delete To delete multiple Effects, click on Ctrl to select several Effects at one time, and then click Delete.
- Right-click on the AI Portrait effect, and then select Effect>Delete Effect.