Things You Need to Know to Use Tabs in macOs Sierra
Oct 21, 2020• Proven solutions
During WWDC 2016, Apple made an announcement that made Mac users excited – the unveiling of macOS Sierra, which promises a whole new level of user experience, specifically with regards to window tab support. Scheduled for release on September 20, it seeks to provide a more seamless experience by keeping the screen clean and making it easier to find the tabs that you are looking for. It can be quite confusing for some users, especially because it is a deviation and improvement from the previous system. With this, keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with insights on some of the things that you need to know.
About Tabs in macOS Sierra
When Siri was introduced for the iPhone, it became an instant hit and redefined how users were able to enjoy a revolutionary mobile experience. Now, the same technology is making its debut in desktops, promising a whole new experience. It is one of the radical changes with the new version of the operating system, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. With macOS Sierra, there is more that you will be able to do. All of the browsers that are open in your window can be tracked easily with the use of tabs. Rather than having several windows that will be clutter on your screen, there will only be a single window that is open. There will be tabs located on the top, which will make it a snap for you to find a specific screen.
Once you make the shift to the all-new macOS Sierra, your windows will be organized, not only for Safari but also for all other applications, including the third-party apps. You will find it easier to multitask. You can do more in a short span of time. You won’t be confused, and the experience will be a lot better. Thinking of how this can be done? The next part of this post will provide you with some insights that you need to know.
How to Use Tabs in macOS Sierra
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can easily use the tabs in the new macOS Sierra. You will soon realize that it is not as hard as it seems!
- The first thing that you have to do is open an application from the screen. As has been mentioned, it works not only with Safari, but also in other apps like KeyNote, Pages, and Microsoft Word.
- To be able to toggle in between tabs, obviously, there is a need to have multiple windows open. To open a new tab, press Command, and T. Your new tab will now be visible on the right side of the previous tab. It can be found under the options in windows. If you do not want to use the keyboard shortcut, you can also click on the “+” button, which you can find on the right side of the tab that is already open.
- If you want to open a new window, click on Command + “N”. After doing this, you can see a new window pop out next to the one that is already open.
- To close the window that you can see on the screen, press Command + “W” from the window.
- Once you have multiple tabs open on your screen, simply click on the tab with the darker color. The one with the bright color indicates the tab that is currently open.
- You can also separate one tab from the current window. To do this, simply click on the tab, hold your mouse and take it out of the current window. This will automatically create a new window for the said tab.
- With the new macOS Sierra, you will also be able to merge all of the windows that are currently open. On the top of the screen, click on Window and look for the option that says Merge All Windows from the drop-down menu. After doing this, all windows can now be combined into one but with several tabs.
- You can also place all of the open applications on the front of your screen. To do this, click on Window. From the drop-down menu, click on “Bring All to Front”. The window will now be the first that you will see on top of all other apps that are currently open.
With macOS Sierra, it will be a lot easier to navigate from one tab to another. Just follow the simple steps mentioned above. Of course, to do this, make sure to update your operating system once the new version has been finally launched.