How to make Spotlight Video on Snapchat
Dec 08, 2020• Proven solutions
According to a recent survey in the U.S., Snapchat is one of the most popular apps among teenagers. You and many other Snapchat users want to know what Spotlight is. A buzz has been created in the market by the company about its new feature which is now being called the “rival of TikTok”.
You May Also Like: Snapchat Recovery: Quickly Recover Photos/Videos
Section 1.What is Spotlight on Snapchat
Snapchat Spotlight is a feature to bring together the community whilst showing the most entertaining snaps on the platform. Spotlight snaps will be by the people and for the people. It means that even you can upload and contribute to Spotlight in just a few steps.
The workings of the Spotlight seem to be just like that of TikTok. But you will be intrigued and pleasantly surprised because there are some differences. The best aspect is that Snapchat Spotlight does not allow the public to comment on the videos of creators.
This feature will help protect the creators of Spotlight snaps from harmful and demeaning comments. Another thing that differentiates it from its competitors is that in the beginning, Snapchat will do its best to protect the privacy of the users uploading videos to Spotlight.
The team behind Snapchat has announced that the new feature will be introduced in countries like the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, and France in November 2020. As for the other countries, they will have to wait a while for Snapchat Spotlight.
You can use Snapchat Spotlight to just view the wildly entertaining videos or to upload videos to Spotlight. Did you know that you can earn with Spotlight? Snapchat has announced that they will be giving away shares of $1 million every single day to creators of Spotlight snaps.
If you are to upload videos to Spotlight, it is better to keep in mind that all content is checked and judged by human moderators. Unlike TikTok which uses bots to filter the content, Spotlight snaps will be safe and reflect Snapchat’s values.
You will not need to view every creator’s videos on Spotlight. The Snapchat algorithm will take stock of your daily activities within the app. It will then tailor the content available according to your viewing preferences. Your feed will contain Spotlight snaps that are according to your taste.
There are several rules that have been stipulated by the company that you would need to follow if you wish your snaps to be displayed. Most of the rules that are in place are for people who wish to earn via Spotlight. The conditions are:
- To be able to earn from Snapchat Spotlight, the individual needs to be 16 years old or older.
- If you want your content to be displayed, you will need to adhere to the terms and conditions set by Snapchat for Spotlight snaps.
- Only videos can be uploaded. The duration of the video for Spotlight is the same as any other snaps of the app.
- The video should be shot in a horizontal mode for it to be displayed in the Spotlight section.
- No still image will be accepted.
- Any content that is blurry or vertical will also not be uploaded in Spotlight snaps.
Section 2.How to use Snapchat Spotlight
Now is the time when you will learn about the process of uploading videos that are either edited in the app or by Snapchat video editing software. The first thing you ought to know that creating a Spotlight snap is like snapping any other Snapchat snap. The only difference is that you will not send it to your friends. You will be uploading the snaps to Spotlight.
This is how you create Spotlight snaps:
1. Open the latest version of Snapchat on your smartphone.
2. Use the toggle to put the camera into selfie mode or to have a rear-facing shot.
3. Turn on or off flash by tapping on the Lightning bolt symbol that appears on the top of the screen.
4. Once you have the smartphone in the right place for your frame, tap and hold on to the Recording circle and only release it once you are done making the video.
5. Click on the Arrow on the bottom right of the screen as that is the sending option.
6. You will see the option of Spotlight, click on it and your video will be submitted.
If you want more views then Snapchat recommends that you use trending hashtags, GIFs, and lenses. It will make viewers connect with your content more.
Section 3.How to Make Spotlight video on Snapchat
Snapchat Spotlight does accept videos from camera roll or memories. Snapchat wants the users to put their “best” forward. Why not show your best self by editing your videos and show off your skills? For this purpose, FilmoraX video editor is the best video editor for Mac and iOS.
It allows you to edit and customize your videos in your way for your Snapchat Spotlite. You can easily crop your video lengths through trimming and cutting options. Not only this, but it will also let you add audio and visual effects to your videos.
All this might seem like the basic options on any video editing software but FilmoraX offers even much more. Unlike most others, FilmoraX offers 4k video editing, noise removal, color tuning, video stabilization, screen detection, and audio mixer and equalizer. With all these umpteen options you will have no problems in creating the best content in your journey to become a Spotlight influencer.