Looking for JPG to GIF converter online tools? You have landed just on the right page.
Lately, GIF format has become the favourite image format among users, owing to several benefits it offers over other image files. First of all, the short little animations without audio make GIF files interesting and attractive. Since these files use lossless compression, they can be saved multiple times without worrying about any quality. GIF files are also small in size which makes them easy to store, share, and manage.
So, now that you are well aware of the benefits of a GIF file, it's time to convert your JPG files to GIF format and for this, a good conversion tool is needed. Online tools are a great choice here as they are simple to operate, need no software download, pocket friendly, and offer all basic required features. So, if you too have been looking for one such decent online JPG to GIF converter, we are here to help you keep. Keep reading!!!
In this article
Part 1. Top 10 JPG to GIF Converters Online No Need to Download
The best part about the online tool is the fact that it does not need any software download or installation and works directly from the browser. In addition to this, most of the online tools are free to use and simple. Below we have shortlisted the top 10 JPG to GIF converter online tools that you can refer to.
Ezgif is a free online tool that supports conversion between various file formats and types including JPG to GIF. The tool is apt even for beginners as the interface and the process is simple.
- Allows converting JPG to GIF along with support to other key file formats like PNG, and WebP.
- Free-to-use tool working straight from the browser.
- Multiple files within the allowed size can be added and processed.
- The program allows adding a range of frames, delay time, and loop count.
- Option for adding crossfade frame.
“Ezgif is really a lifesaver tool for me that helps in conversion of pictures easily online. The tool has no trouble and offers many features that make it easier to use. Overall, amazing.”Abdallah at Trustpilot says so.
In summary, if you want to convert your multiple local files that are small in size, Ezgif will work as the best tool as its interface will make the process highly simple and quick.
JPG to GIF conversion is quick and easy using this online tool that supports adding files from multiple sources. The free version allows adding up to 100 MB of files and for adding larger files, you need to sign-up with the program.
- Allows converting JPG to GIF in a simple quick manner from the browser.
- Allows adding files from the local system, Dropbox, as well as Google Drive. The maximum file size that can be processed at a time is 100MB.
- Converted files can be downloaded to the local system or saved to the cloud.
“This is an easy-to-use software that facilitates the conversion of large batches and supports a wide range of file formats including the ones out of the box.” Stefan Ionescu, TechRadar
In brief, short files present on your system as well as cloud storage can be easily converted using the tool. Convertio is known for its hassle-free conversion in multiple file types and formats.
This is another excellent tool to look after all your conversion needs including JPG to GIF. The program is capable of high-quality conversions and supports adding local as well as cloud-based files. Online files using URLs can also be added.
- Support over 200 formats for conversion including JPG to GIF.
- Files can be added from the local system, URL, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- File parameters like width, height, and fit can be adjusted as needed.
- Option for setting the watermark, strip, and also auto orientation.
“The tool has a wide range of conversion options with a simple interface. The program is versatile in the formats and there are no ads.”
Timothy, Software Advice
To summarize, this is an excellent tool for converting the cloud based as well as local files in high quality. Though the limitation per day for the conversion is restricted to 25, the program supports wide range of file customization options that makes it popular among the users.
Using this browser-based tool, image files in multiple formats can be converted quickly and in a hassle-free manner. The tool supports multiple file customization options and allows adding local, online, and cloud-based files.
- Convert images as well as other files in multiple formats including JPG to GIF.
- Files to be converted can be added using the local system, URL, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Multiple options for file customization like change in size, color, DPI, setting threshold, and more.
- The converted file can be downloaded locally or can also be saved to the cloud.
“This works as an all-in-one converter that covers almost all conversion types. The tool is free to use and I have not come across any virus or malware. It's a reliable and safe, web-based converter.”-Dong L, Sitejabber.
To conclude, if you do not mind processing one file at a time, this is an excellent conversion tool that also supports multiple file editing options for you to create a customized target file. User-friendly interface makes the entire process smooth.
Use this online tool to convert your JPG files present on the system, URL, Google Drive, or Dropbox to GIF quickly. The maximum file size that can be converted in the free version is 1GB while for larger files, you can upgrade to paid versions of the tool.
- Allows image conversion in multiple file-formats including JPG to GIF.
- Files to be processed can be added from the desktop, URL, as well as cloud storage.
- Support to Auto orient, and strip metadata feature.
- Option for applying the advanced setting from preset.
“There are no pop-up ads during the conversion and it does not mess up with the download speed. Files are easily converted. On the flip side, the free version allows only 25 minutes of file conversion in a day.”
In conclusion, features like stripping metadata, auto orient, and others makes this online tool popular among the users who are looking for customized file conversion of JPG to GIF. Though the files that can be processed in a day have a limitation, the conversion is fast and in decent quality.
If you are looking for a simple yet functional tool, Zamzar is just the right choice for JPG to GIF as well as other file conversions. The tool is simple to use, where you need to add the file to be converted and then select the target format. The files added are automatically converted in no time and can be saved to your local system.
- Support conversion in all key formats including JPG to GIF.
- The drag and drop interface makes adding the file process simple and quick.
- Files can be added from the system, URL, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, as well as One Drive.
- Converted files can be downloaded to the local system or can also be received via email.
“Used the product over the years and it works fast and wholeheartedly recommend. Customer service is excellent and they take care of everything.”-JH, Trustpilot
To wrap it up, this is one of the simplest online tool to use for any type of conversion requirements. If you want conversion quickly without any additional editing or customization options, Zamzar is the right choice.
If you are new to file conversion and looking for a simple and quick tool, Soda PDF will be the right choice. You just need to add the file to the interface and it will be automatically converted to the desired format. Once converted, the file can be downloaded to your system.
- Simple and quick tool for JPG to GIF conversion.
- Add files and get them converted automatically without any customization.
- Converted files can be downloaded to your desktop after the process is complete.
“It's very nice software and suits all my needs perfectly. I like it as much as an expensive program on my computer.”
Carole C, GetApp
In short, for a simple straightforward conversion of files, SodaPDF works as a good tool. You just need to add the file and it will be converted to the desired format.
Using this tool, you can convert your JPG files to GIFs or can also create animations. The files that need to be converted can be added from the local system, Google Drive, or Dropbox. Batch processing allows converting multiple files at a time.
- Convert JPG to GIF in a simple and effortless manner.
- Files can be imported from the system, Google Drive, as well as Dropbox.
- Option to convert added files to static or animated GIFs as needed.
- Converted files can be added to the system.
“Fast and easy but do not reduce GIF enough.”-Drudax, Trustpilot.
To make a conclusion, when you need to create static as well as animated GIF files, this will work as a good online tool that also offers you to save your converted files over the cloud so that they can be accessed from anywhere anytime.
OnlineJPGTools is a simple-to-use browser-based tool that allows converting your JPG files to GIF animations. If needed, you can even create transparent GIF files.
- Convert JPG files to GIF format.
- Allows converting to transparent GIFs with one single solid color.
- Allows downloading the converted file to the system or saving it to the clipboard.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
“Just load your JPG in the input area, adjust a couple of options, and you'll instantly see the modified GIF in the output area. Click save-as to download the new GIF file and you're done.” A user from a GIF forum
In brief, when you need GIF transparent files along with regular ones, try this online tool. There are no hassles of selecting multiple options while using the tool as once the file is added, it will automatically convert it to the desired format.
Part 2. Best Solution to Convert JPG to GIF on Windows/Mac
Above we have listed several online tools that can work directly from a browser. Though simple and free to use, these programs are internet-dependent and have file size restrictions, and other limitations. So, if you are looking for a full-fledged Windows or Mac-based software that can convert JPG to GIF in high quality, we recommend Wondershare Filmora as the best tool for a long run.
Though Wondershare Filmora is an advanced and professional video editing software, it supports multiple additional features including JPG to GIF conversion. The JPG as well as other image files on your system can be converted to GIF files using the export function of the software. In just a few clicks, your desired animated files along with editing if required are ready.
Key features of the software:
- Allows creating a GIF from an array of image and video formats like JPG, PNG, MKV, MP4, and many others.
- The files can be edited using several features of the tool like effects, texts, subtitles, and more.
- Further customize your GIF files using options like rotate, crop, speed up, color, and many others.
- Simple and user-friendly interface for processing the files.
Steps to convert JPG to GIF using Wondershare Filmora
Step1From the official Wondershare Filmora page, download, install, and launch the software on your system. Choose Create Project > New Project.
Step2At the Media tab, click on the Import Media Files here button to browse and add the JPG files that need to be converted. Multiple files can be added here.
Step3Next, drag and move the added files to the timeline at the bottom and do the desired editing and customization as needed.
Step4Click on the Export button and then choose to save the file as GIF at the desired location.
When the need to convert JPG to GIF arises, online tools work as a great option. These tools work best when you have a few small-sized files and looking for a quick and pocket-friendly option. In situations when multiple, large-sized files with advanced editing options are required we suggest using a professional tool like Wondershare Filmora.