- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4
Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
The trend of game capture cards started many years back but now these devices are becoming more and more popular among game lovers. Even Elgato itself has now released so many competing models with all advanced features. Thus users are now able to make wide selection of products as per their budget and game recording needs. But how to choose the right one? We'll make a comparison of Elgato capture cards, read this article for more details.
|HD 60||HD 60 S||HD 60 Pro||HD|
|Retro Gaming Input||×||×||×||√|
|Interface||USB 2.0||USB 3.0||PCIe||USB 2.0|
|Max.Bitrate||30 Mbps||40 Mbps||60 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Input||PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 (unencrypted HDMI)||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U (unencrypted HDMI)||PlayStation 4, Xbox one & Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch & Wii U (unencrypted HDMI)||PlayStation 4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 (unencrypted HDMI), PlayStation 3 (A/V In)|
|Output||HDMI (pass-through)||HDMI (lag-free pass-through)||HDMI (pass-through)||HDMI (pass-through)|
|Supported Resolutions||1080p60, 1080p30, 1080i, 720p60, 720p30, 576p, 576i, 480p||1080p60, 1080p30, 1080i, 720p60, 720p30, 576p, 576i, 480p||1080p60, 1080p30, 1080i, 720p60, 720p30, 576p, 576i, 480p||1080p60 (simultaneous 60fps pass through and 30 fps capture), 1080p30, 1080i, 720p (60 or 30 fps capture), 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i. 240i via composite or S-Video.|
|Operating System||Windows 7 (or later), OS X 10.9 (or later)||Windows 10 (64-bit), OS X 10.12 (or later)||Windows 7 (or later)||Windows 7 (or later), OS X 10.9 (or later)|
|Dimensions||112 x 75 x 19 mm / 4.4 x 3 x 0.75 in||112 x 75 x 19 mm / 4.4 x 3 x 0.75 in||122 x 56 x 14 mm / 4.8 x 2.2 x 0.55 in||73 x 24 x 109 mm / 2.9 x 1.0 x 4.3 in|
|Weight||106 g / 3.7 oz||106 g / 3.7 oz||102 g / 3.6 oz||142 g / 5 oz|
- HD 60: This device comes with a price tag of $158.22 and is able to capture videos with 1080p resolution level. It accepts input via HDMI port but never supports Retro gaming type input. You can enjoy flashback recording with this capture card model and it works with master copy technology but never support Instant Game view.
- HD60 S: This device contains features almost same as that of HD 60 but it extends its support to Instant Game View. That is why its price is little higher: $169.95. The overall weight of this device is same as that of HD 60: 106 grams and this device works perfectly with Window 10. The maximum supported bitrate goes up to 40MBPS but it was limited to 30mbps in earlier model. You will not be able to enjoy master copy technology with this device.
- HD 60 Pro: This is an updated version of HD 60 and HD60 S device and contains all features of its predecessors but at the same time it also supports master copy technology. The only thing that is missing in this capture card is its ability to support retro game input but it works perfectly with HDMI connection. It can be connected via PCIe interface whereas overall weight of this capture card is 102 grams only.
- HD: This is the most basic type of Elgato capture card that is available with smaller price tag of $135.99 only. This device is heavier enough as compared to all other models as its overall weight goes up to 142 grams. The Instant Gameview is also missing in this device but it supports master copy technology.
If you are looking ahead to buy a capture card to enjoy live streaming of your game videos then it is good to go for Elgato models as they contains all incredible features. You can use Elgato Capture Card Selector to get better suggestions for your device type depending upon your specifications. Professionals recommend this website as best platform to get idea about which device will suit your needs in game recording world. Here you will also be able to get basic details about suggested device for reference.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>