How to Add a Watermark to Your Gameplay Videos
Most people who record their gameplay upload their videos to sites so that others can learn from their tutorials, see what games are like before they purchase them and get hints and tips. A lot of people also get revenue from the videos they post so want to ensure that others do not take their videos and claim them as their own taking revenue away. This is why they learn how to add watermark to their videos so everyone knows the original owner should it be taken. The watermark is a special still image that is put over your video. It is able to cover the whole screen, the corner or middle. You choose whether you want it to be a solid image or transparent which means that it won’t affect the video visibility underneath. You can choose the add watermark function to add either text or a logo depending on your preference.
- Part 1: How to add a watermark to gameplay video with Action!
- Part 2: How to add a watermark to gameplay video with Wondershare Filmora
- Part 3: How to add a logo in your YouTube account
Part 1: How to add a watermark to gameplay video with Action!
You can get record in high definition and add a watermark to your gameplay with Action! game recorder. It costs just $29.95 and has numerous features to help you to make the most of your recording as well as protects it from theft with the add watermark capabilities.
Step 1: To add watermark to your video you will first have to open and run the program.
Step 2: Go to settings and ensure that the ‘use overlay graphics’ is enabled. Choose the file that has your logo or text to protect it from theft
Step 3: Set the position you would like it to be and run the recording of your gameplay to finalise and see your logo or text.
Step 4: To add a watermark to protect your gameplay video but not get in the way of the action you will have to first import the gameplay video.
Step 5: Select the option to add video and watermark files then add them both to the timeline.
Step 6: Adjust the watermark to your favoured specifications and save it so that you can upload it when you are ready.
Part 2: How to add a watermark to gameplay video with Wondershare Filmora
As well as being a great tool for editing your video gameplay Filmora can also be used to add watermarks so that theft of your videos will be less likely and obvious. This will help you to protect your copyright and is also a great way to promote yourself.
Step 1: Import your files to the primary window by using the Import button, alternatively you can use the drag and drop function.
Step 2: Add both the video and watermark to the timeline
Step 3: Ensure your background video is the first track on the timeline and drag the watermark to the PIP track
Step 4: Extend the duration the watermark is show to that of the video should you want it to be shown throughout. To do this hover over the edge of your clip until a double arrow appears and drag it to meet the video length.
Step 5: Double click your watermark clip to customise it and position it. You can also add shadow, change the shape and size.
Step 6: Once you have edited your watermark to how you want it tap "create" .
Tips: Besides video watermarks, Filmora also provides other video editing functions like adding background music, photos, special effects, etc.
To see a video tutorial on how to add a watermark :
Part 3: How to add a logo in your YouTube account
Step 1: Open up your web browser
Step 2: Go to YouTube.com and log into your account as usual
Step 3: The thumb image that can be found in the right hand side top corner when pressed will open up a menu
Step 4: In the menu select the icon that looks like a small gear
Step 5: Select ‘view additional features’
Step 6: The menu on the left will have a link titled ‘Branding’.Here you have to click the ‘add watermark’ link
Step 7: Select the image you want to add as a watermark from your computers files and press save
Step 8: Choose whether you want the watermark at the beginning, end or throughout your video
Step 9: Don’t forget to click ‘update’ as this will enable you to save your new settings
Step 10: When you go to Video manager you will see that the watermark has been added to your chosen video.
For a video tutorial visit:
By adding a watermark to your video’s you can protect your revenue and views as it will show that anyone stealing the video does not have permission to share it. You could take it further and prosecute, however because you have add watermark to your video’s it should be enough of a deterrent to stop it being taken and shown on a different YouTube account. There are a few solutions to add the watermark that don’t cost a penny, however to get the best editing solution and add watermark to your gameplay it is better to pay the money for better quality. If you want to get an advanced edit then Filomora comes highly recommended.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4