How to Edit Gameplay Videos
If you have been trying to find out how to edit gameplay videos then you are in the right place. More and more people nowadays are using software to record their gameplay but of course they will not want to stream the entire video all of the time and may want to make changes. This can be done using editing software. Bandicam Game Recorder is only $39 and enables you to add watermarks, mouse click effects, overlays to show your face as you commentate over your gameplay in a smaller window using webcam overlays and much more.
To use Bandicam for basic editing follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Select the video setting then select the setting button for your choice of edit.
Step 2: Choose the basic gameplay video editing effects before recording.
If you want to add a logo or your own watermark select that option and add the file to do so. You can also add special mouse effects to allow your viewers to interact more.
To add a webcam overlay you should select the device recording mode. This allows you to make recordings from external webcams or fixed in high quality.
Choose the ‘device settings’ option and choose your device (ie webcam). Once you have the image you want just simply use the record button to start filming.
Note: If you are not able to see the screen then you may need to install a driver and alter the video format. Once you are finished select the button marked ‘open’ which will allow you to look at the video.
To edit your gameplay by adding overlay while you stream your game of choice you will need to add the webcam overlay to the video using the ‘add webcam overlay to video’. This will allow you to merge your webcam screen with your main video.
The Bandicam software is able to record your videos and save them in AVI and MP4 offering you a great experience and finished product.
As well as Bandicam there are also other tools available with basic editing features. They include Action which is available for $29.95, the ShadowPlay a free recording software option which you can find out more about by clicking here . Also available is Fraps at $37 and Camstasia at $199.
How to edit gameplay video with advanced editing effects
If you are ready to move to the next level of how to edit gameplay videos then you will need software that is able to give you the ability to make additional changes. The Filmora is a Wondershare tool that can help you to achieve professional results and can be bought at just $59.99.
Here’s how to edit gameplay video with advanced editing effects:
Step 1: To use Filmora you will first need to import the video that you want to edit.
Step 2: Start editing your gameplay video frame
You can place transitions in between scenes, text in scenes, special effects, music, and voiceovers. The effect you choose will have a great impact on how your video is perceived and the mood you want to convey, so give this a good deal of thought. You can visit the effects store for more ideas on how to professionalise your game recording by clicking here .
Step 3: Save the new video file
Scroll through the numerous options to edit gameplay videos on the next level and save the file.
For additional tools to edit gameplay videos take a look at the Windows Movie Maker , iMovie , Sony Vegas Pro which is $599 to purchase or Final Cut Pro which costs $299 for apple device recording. Your choice of tools to use will depend on how much space you have for recording, how professional you want your video to look and of course how much you are willing to spend to edit gameplay videos. There are products that are simple enough for a novice recorder to use to those that are better for those with more experience.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4