How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
More and more gamers (casual and professional alike) are getting serious about recording their gameplay videos on their iPhone devices to share with others online. Unfortunately, you just can't dive into all the action recording audio and video for gameplay on your iPhone without tinkering around with some other pieces of software, and that's where this quick guide is going to help you out.
Method 1: Using ReplayKit
ReplayKit has been introduced by Apple themselves as part of the World Wide Developers Conference, specifically designed by Apple engineers to make it easy for iPhone users and iPhone developers to figure out ways to record high definition audio and video off of their iPhone devices. However, game developers have to integrate this feature into their apps. You must have the framework built right in to the iOS system, and all games that allow for recording of audio and video while playing are going to have new record buttons integrated into their user interfaces.
How to record:
- In any game that supports it, you can hit the "record" button.
- Choose "Record screen & Microphone" to record game audio for gameplay.
The Replay Kit will silence all notifications while you are recording so that you don't have to worry any disruptions breaking up the recordings of your gameplay sessions. It just doesn't get much better than that!
Method 2: Using iTalk recorder
There are other applications that allow you to pretty easily record nothing but audio from your iPhone device (capturing either the audio coming through the iPhone's soundcard or the audio that you have going into the phone's microphone), but the only option that is really suitable for those that are serious about recording gameplay audio on their iPhone is the iTalk Recorder . One of the coolest features of iTalke recorder is that you can choose different bit rates to record audio, choosing between low definition audio recordings that are really simple and easy to share and higher definition audio recordings that offer much higher production values.
Here's video on how to record:
- Download and install iTalk recorder from the iTunes Store.
- Open the app and press the record button to record audio.
- Transfer the audio to computer.
- Add audio file to gameplay video.
If you'd like to share your audio you can do so using the built in tools or the Air Drop and Dropbox integration settings that we mentioned above.
All in all, there's nothing stopping you from recording high definition audio directly from your iPhone device when you are playing games and then using that audio in clips that you produce to share with others!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4