How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
If you are going to be releasing a streamed version of your gameplay video you may be interested in recording voice to play over top of game audio. Sound recording and then dubbing the sounds on top of the gameplay can be a difficult task especially if you aren't that familiar with recording game audio and film editing. In this article we'll discuss some of the main setup steps for recording voice and game audio at the same time.
To begin with the setup you will need a microphone, recording program and a set of quality headphones at a minimum.
- Quality headphones
- A sound recording program
- Editing programs
A top-quality editing software that can merge together the footage as well as the audio will help to ensure that you can professionally edit the video after you are done.
Recommended: The Best Video Editor for Windows and Mac- Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is such a great video editor that helps you edit gameplay video with cool effects, enables you to seamlessly put together video clips, music & text, apply advanced effects and get a professional-looking gameplay videos in minutes. Download and try it out.
How to Record
Getting started with recording game audio as well as voice audio involves using the right program. Two of the most popular programs available for recording voice and game audio at the same time are Fraps and Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) . Below we will detail some of the differences between these top programs and how to record:
Fraps is a paid license audio recording program that can be easily set up to start recording both sound from the game and from your microphone. Make sure install Fraps on your computer before start.
Step 1. Plug in your microphone and headphones or your gaming headset and set audacity to record directly from your sound card.
Step 2. Start up Fraps and begin by clicking the movies tab. From here you can create a button that will initialize recording. Usually the start record button is F9 by default.
Step 3. Start up your game and hit record on audacity as well as in Fraps.
When you have completed playing hit stop recording in both and using Wondershare Filmora to merge together the audio that you recorded from audacity and the video you recorded from Fraps.
Read also :
OBS studio is a recording program that can be used to create video walk-throughs and it's entirely free to use with an open source function.
To begin using this software you just need to install it from the website. After it is installed you can download the software for your OS and setup the main dimensions for recording.
Here's the tutorial video on how to record gameplay audio and commentary at the same time:
Step 1. After setting up the part of the screen that will be captured, you will set the sources for capture on audio. Scenes and sources will allow you to change the resolution and the quality of video as well as the focus on audio. Be sure to pick out your soundcard for audio record and then make sure that your microphone is plugged in so that you can record yourself speaking into the mic over the game sound FX.
Step 2. Get the game sound levels right and make sure you can speak over them by doing a few cast recordings.
Once you are satisfied you can just click start recording, begin playing your game and then choose an upload or save button when your recording is complete.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4