How to Record Wii U Gameplay
There are lots of reasons why people need the ability to record wii u gameplay and there are two methods to achieving it. The first is to use a Elgato capture card and the second is without a capture card at all. You can use your recordings to show off to your friends, make tutorials or look back on the gameplay to find out where you went wrong. With two ways to record wii u gameplay whatever your preference you will be able to play back, share and record whenever you wish.
For best PC game recording, try the the best game recording software: Filmora Scrn below:
You may also like:
1. Record with Elgato Capture Card
Step 1: To record wii u gameplay with the Elgato capture card you first need to unbox and plug in the HDMI cable that is included to the labelled port. The other end has to go straight to you Wii U to connect them.
Read our complete buying fuide for Elgato capture card to choose the best one for you.
Step 2: To plug the next HDMI cable from your port to your television set or monitor. After following the second step you then need to use the mini USB to USB cable that is included with your capture card and plug it into your laptop or PC.
Step 3: Before you can record you will need to download the software for the Elgato game capture card and running it. To record your gameplay all you have to do is click on the red circle when you are ready.
For a step by step video tutorial:
2. Record wii u gameplay without a capture card
The second way to record wii u gameplay is to do it without a special capture card. In order to do this you will need a PC or laptop to record onto. The instructions to do so are as follows:
First of all you will need to install the best game recording software: Filmora Scrn and run it so that you can get started. Before you begin recording you should first configure the settings to suit your needs. The better the quality the more space the file will take up so bear this in mind when you are configuring.
Once you have configured your settings you will be able to start playing, use your hotkey to start and stop recording when you need to. If you start the recording early you will be able to edit it later to take out the bits you don’t want.
The final way to record wii u gameplay is to use your mobile phone or camera to point it at the screen. For a step by step video that shows you how to do this.
Of course recording from your mobile will not give you the same quality and is more than likely to mean fiddling about with the angle of the camera so that you can get the best recording.
If you are looking for great video editing software to edit your YouTube videos, so you can edit like a Pro, download our video editor Wondershare Filmora below now.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4