What is the Elgato Green Screen?
Sep 23, 2021• Proven solutions
Are you a content creator or a streamer? Then the green screen might be the most powerful tool for you. A green screen is a sure-fire way to improve your broadcast quality. However, they have become expensive and cumbersome to use. This is how Elgato Green Screen stands out from the rest.
The Elgato Green Screen comes with an appealing ability to collapse into itself. This makes it easy to store and set it up. Space is a concern for many people. In that case, Elgato is the right solution for you.
Features to Like About Elgato Green Screen
One of the most striking features of Elgato Green Screen is you will not have to assemble it. You just have to take it out of the box, undo the latches, and lastly, pull it up. The entire process only takes a few seconds. Packing away the green screen is equally easy.
Elgato Green Screen is the right choice for people who have limited space. It has been designed to be packed away when you are done using it. There’s no need to hang clothes or get erect support stands to use this green screen.
The quality of the product is exceptional. It is made of 100% polyester and is thick. You can expect to get the perfect shade of green with this. The green screen’s base has been attached to a metal frame that serves like a scissor. So, the screen collapses easily. However, it will also keep it tight and wrinkle-free. Elgato boasts about its wrinkle-resistant green screen.
Its design is just like a retractable stand-up display panel which you might have already seen in exhibitions, trade shows, or conventions. The only difference is this one is green in color.
Features to Dislike About Elgato Green Screen
Sure, Elgato Screen is the most practical solution out there for you, but it is still quite large. It is suitable for small spaces but is quite tall and has a wide base. The green screen hasn’t been designed to stand up for storage on either end. Hence, it is going to fall right over. You can store it under a desk, your bed, or in a corner.
Elgato's green screen is also quite expensive and it is unlikely that you will get any discount any time soon. $150 is not a shy investment you can make.
All in all, Elgato Green Screen isn’t intended for people who get into live streaming as their occasional hobby. It is a premium product that should only be available if you are planning to use it regularly. Also, if you are tight on budget, this might not be the appropriate choice for you.
How to Use Green Screen with Elgato?
Like already mentioned, Elgato Green Screen will add a touch of professionalism to your stream. Almost all viewers appreciate this. If you want to use Green Screen with Elgato, this is what you have to do.
1. Get Your Supplies
Setting up a green screen is primarily done through software. Nevertheless, you will need a few supplies to get started.
• Get the Elgato Green Screen.
• Now take care of the lighting. Make sure that you have lighting across the whole screen. Remember, at times having lighting only at the front portion is not enough.
2. Placing the Elgato Green Screen
It is time to place the green screen in an appropriate position.
• Set up the green screen as far away from you as you can. This reduces the spill on your clothes.
• Now, evenly light the screen so that the software that you are using can conveniently pull or key the green out to make it appear clean and crisp.
3. Adjust the Filters in the Green Screen Software
Now that you have set up everything, you need to have software to pull it out.
• Launch the software.
• Now, you have to use Chroma Key, the filter type. You will get to see a different setting that you need to check to know what will work for you. Remember, there is no correct answer. Each time the lighting setting is different, skin color is different, and hair is different. This is the reason you need to play around until you narrow it down.
Skills to using Elago Green Screen
You will have to put your skill to use when you are using Elgato Green Screen for your video.
1. How to Fold the Green Screen?
Once you are done using the green screen, you will have to fold it up. So, to fold, pick up, and rest it against your hips. Make sure it is not popped against a flat surface or the ground. Now, grip the screen’s long sides using both hands and fold them. Cross the sides of the green screen to fold it.
Since Elgato Green Screen is long enough, you can lay it on the ground and fold the edges like a book. Lower each end of the green screen to the ground until the ground touches the bottom of the green screen. Next, bring the right side of the green screen towards the middle. Overload the other loop to complete folding the green screen.
2. How to Clean the Elgato Green Screen?
To maintain the green screen, you need to make sure you are cleaning it from time to time. You can use a damp cotton cloth to clean the dirt off it.
Where can You Buy Elgato Green Screen?
If you think Elgato Green Screen is worth it, you can buy it from,
• Official site
• Third-Party sites like Amazon
• Physical store
However, before you buy, here are a few tips you need to keep in mind.
• Before you buy, you need to have a clear idea about your requisites. Make sure you have a budget in mind.
• It is always good to conduct thorough research before buying your green screen.
• Wait for discounts. The official site or the third-party tends to offer discounts from time to time. Make the most of these offers.
• Prior to making the final deal, check the return policies. This will make your experience completely hassle-free.
In case you want to use a green screen but shudder at the idea to struggle to put up one, look no further than Elgato. It is easy to use and can fit into even the tightest space. As soon as you are done, you can pack it up in only a few seconds. By putting this up, you can get clear and high-quality green screen videos and edit them using the Filmora Mac version to create unique content.