How and When to Pre-Order an iPhone 7 Plus
After months of speculations, Apple has finally delivered its latest smartphone, the iPhone 7. And just like the previous releases of Apple; it will be hard to get one even after a couple of weeks after the launch. The best way to get your hands on an iPhone 7 is by pre-ordering. Below are several ways to pre-order an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
Directly from Apple
One way to pre-order the iPhone 7 is through the company itself. If you are going to order it from Apple, then go to its website, Apple.com. The company has started accepting pre-orders from its online shopping portal since September 9.
Below are the steps to get your new iPhone directly from Apple:
- 1. Go to http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7. Then chose whether you want an iPhone 7 or an iPhone 7 Plus.
- 2. Then you choose your carrier. Apple will work with your current carrier to activate the new smartphone with your present number and rate plan. The carriers accepted by Apple are AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- 3. The next step is to select the finish or color. You have the choice between Jet Black, Black, Gold, Silver, and Rose Gold.
- 4. After choosing the color, you select the capacity. You have two options, which are 128 GB and 256 GB. The former costs $749.00, while the bigger capacity iPhone 7 costs $849.00.
- 5. Then you choose how you will play for the iPhone 7. You can pay monthly without interest, pay with contract, or pay in full.
- 6. Once you have selected the payment option, the last step is to choose how you are going to get your new Apple smartphone. You have the option to have it shipped or to pick it up. Then you just wait for your iPhone to arrive.
Buying directly from Apple allows you to choose from every color of the iPhone 7, including the jet black variant that is selling fast in physical stores. On the downside, ordering from Apple is not the fastest option available for consumers. You will get your order within three to five weeks.
iPhone Upgrade Program
The second way of pre-ordering an iPhone 7 is through the iPhone Upgrade Program. The cost of the new smartphone becomes a little bit cheaper if you are a member of the company’s upgrade program. The bad news is that not everyone is qualified for the iPhone upgrade, even if you are an existing member of the program.
To qualify for the upgrade to iPhone 7, you need to be an existing member of the iPhone Upgrade Program, and bought an iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6S at least six months ago and have already paid at least 12 installments. You need to satisfy the said conditions before you can order online. You can also check your eligibility for an upgrade by going to the Apple website, and input the Serial Number and the last four digits of the IMEI Number. The good news is that if you are not qualified, you can still upgrade to an iPhone 7 by visiting an Apple store.
When you buy an iPhone 7 through the iPhone Upgrade Program, you will pay $36.58 a month for the 128 GB model, and $40.75 a month for the 256 GB model. If you choose an iPhone 7 Plus, then you will pay $41.58 a month for the 128 GB variant, and $45.75 a month for the 256 GB model.
The iPhone Upgrade Program allows loyal customers to upgrade to a new iPhone as they are launched. However, it should be noted that the first monthly payment will include the sales tax on the full value of the phone that will make the phone priced higher than the advertised retail value.
Carriers provide deals and promos in order to attract consumers to order from them directly. These offers often come in the form of pack-ins, discounts, and other bonuses. Some carriers waive fees, accept trade-ins, or offer flexible payment schemes. People have good memories when they order from their carrier, compared to pre-ordering it directly from Apple.
Sprint is accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 7 via its website. And when you go to their website, you will be directed to their iPhone Forever Program, which is technically an 18-month lease. Through the program, you can have the new 32 GB iPhone 7 for $0 a month, as long as you trade-in an eligible iPhone. After the lease period, you can opt to go month-to-month, trade in and upgrade to the next Apple smartphone, or buy off the remaining balance of the lease.
Verizon is offering the newest Apple smartphone unlocked at $650 for the iPhone 7, and $770 for the 7 Plus. Customers can also opt to pay for the iPhone in monthly installments. The iPhone 7 costs $27.08 a month for a 24-month plan, while the iPhone 7 Plus costs $32.08 a month.
The carrier is giving a $650 credit for trade-ins of old iPhone 6 and 6S. However, the credit will be applied across a 24 month period. That means you will get the 32 GB iPhone 7 for free eventually.
T-Mobile is also accepting trade-ins of old iPhones. Consumers can trade-in their iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, and 6s Plus for the iPhone 7. If the customer trades in a 6s or 6s plus, then the iPhone 7 will cost $100 with a T-Mobile One enrollment. The old iPhone trade-in must still be in working condition and without a cracked screen.
Existing AT&T customers can pre-order a new iPhone 7 through the carrier’s website. The carrier offers the iPhone 7 starting at $21.67 a month, and the iPhone 7 Plus at $25.67 a month. Customers who are on the AT&T Next Plan get a new iPhone after 24 payments.
Best Buy is one of the retail shops that accept pre-orders for the iPhone 7. They offer the smartphones locked in one of the three major carriers, which are AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. However, the price is a little bit higher compared to when you go directly to the carriers. Another complaint is that people who have pre-ordered from Best Buy didn’t get their iPhone 7 right away because of the lack of stocks.
Just like Best Buy, Target has limited number of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus on hand. While they accept pre-orders on their website, https://mobilepreorder.target.com/ , they expert orders to be fulfilled in November.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • iPhone7/7Plus tutorials
- 1. iPhone 7/7Plus features +
- 1.1 Top 7 iPhone 7/7 Plus new features you should know
- 1.2 All about iPhone 7/7 Plus
- 1.3 iPhone 7 Camera Upgrade: Why we need the Dual Lens
- 1.4 How to Take Underwater Photos with your iPhone 7
- 1.5 iPhone 7 Plus Dual-Lens Camera Review
- 1.8 What's New in Photos on iOS 10
- 1.9 Top 10 iOS Tips and Tricks
- 1.10 Should I upgrade to iOS 10 or not
- 1.11 How to Use Memories on the new iOS 10
- 2. iPhone 7 Alternatives +
- 3. iPhone 7/7Plus Video Editing +