AVI (Xvid, Divx) is the most prevalent video format in the world. People will get AVI videos in wrong orientation from various sources, including shooting with the camera and downloading from online. So is there an easy way to rotate AVI video permanently?
Yes, but you need the right tool. Here I humbly recommend Wondershare Filmora, which not only enables you to rotate the AVI video, but also other formats including MPG, MP4, MOV, FLV, 3GP, and so on. Plus, it turns out to be powerful video editing software with all necessary features for home users. With it, you can easily touch up your AVI videos with filter effects, animated titles, transitions, Picture-in-Picture track and so on. Now get more information about it and learn the easy steps to rotate AVI video.
Easy-to-use AVI Video Rotator:
- Rotate your AVI (Xvid, Divx) videos with a click.
- Easily trim, split, crop, merge and cut videos on the timeline.
- Apply more stunning effects like Face Off, Tilt-shift, Jump Cut and more.
- Enhance your video with hundreds of built-in effects.
- Share your video on TV, YouTube, Facebook, iPhone, PSP, etc.
1.Import AVI video to rotate
The program organizes your media files in User's Album. All the changes will be saved to a new video file safely, without changing your original AVI file. So, first import it to the program either by clicking "Import" button on the primary windows, or by dragging and dropping files from File Explorer to the User's Album.
2.Rotate AVI video
To rotate a AVI video, you need to add it from the User's Album to the Video track on Timeline. Then double click the AVI video thumbnail and the editing panel will appear. The Rotate options locate on top (4 buttons introduced below). You can rotate AVI video with one click. The result could be seen immediately to the left preview window.
- Rotate AVI video 90 degrees clockwise and continuously so that you can also rotate video 180 degrees, 270 degrees and rotate back to the original position.
- Rotate AVI video 90 degrees anticlockwise and continuously, similar to the first one but in the anti - direction.
- Flip AVI video horizontally, upside down.
- Flip AVI video vertical, left to right.
3.Export AVI video
When you can view AVI video in the right orientation, click "Create" button to save it permanently to a new file either in AVI or other formats. All regular video formats are supported including but not limited to AVI, MOV, M4V, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, etc. Simply select a target format in "Format" tab. If you want to play AVI video on iPhone, iPad and iPod, switch to "Device" tab and select a device. You can also directly upload AVI videos to YouTube or burn to DVD discs with your DVD burner.
Video Tutorial: How to Rotate AVI Video