How to Use Memories on the new iOS 10
Earlier in September 2016, Apple officially revealed the new iPhone 7. Apart from coming in two new colors, exciting new features, and improvements, it also came with a new operating system – the iOS 10. The system introduced quite a lot of interesting features and changes and it also came with a new interesting, photo app called Memories. You are going to find different albums based on particular content.
You can sort the content based on factors of your choosing such as places, people you were with, time and all of the above. It’s an interesting new feature which is actually capable of providing you with very exciting creations. Let’s take a further look into Memories and see everything there is to know about it.
How to Use Memories in iOS 10?
There are quite a few things that you can do when it comes to using the Memories photo app with the new operating system, so let’s break them down a notch.
1. Playing a Slideshow
Memories are a video generator which is going to align a few photos combined by a preset factor. All you need to do is go to Photos and select the Memories tab on the bottom of your screen. You are going to see the play button in the bottom right corner. Tap it and let the app do the rest. You will quickly see all of your precious pictures combined in a single clip, including regular and live photos and they will appear in a beautiful slideshow on the background of a charming music.
2. Editing the Slideshow
Of course, iOS 10 provides you with the opportunity to customize every single aspect of the slideshow. With this in mind, let’s take a look at what you can do.
- Customize your soundtrack – you can easily customize your soundtrack and choose background music which is offered by the company. In order to do so, you need to tap on the “My music” button and select your own music. Of course, you can also choose not to include any music and the slideshow will go on rolling without any soundtrack. You can do this by tapping on the “none” button.
- You can add and delete photos – the Memories application provides you with a complete freedom to customize the photos and the videos that you want to be included in the slideshow. In order to do so, you have to tap on the Photos & Videos button and select the ones you’d like to add or get rid of the ones that you dislike. You can preview the slideshow by properly dragging the bar which appears on the top of your screen.
- You can share the created slideshow – as always, Apple has completely integrated Social Media, Messaging API and whatever you can think of within the Memories app. Clicking on the button which appears on the lower left corner of your screen will allow you to share the slideshow through any application that you find desirable.
Remember that whenever you are ready with implementing a change, you need to tap on the “Done” button in order to get it saved.
3. Deleting your Memories Slideshow
It’s really not hard to get the slideshow deleted. All you need to do is go to the particular slideshow and scrow down until the bottom of it, and you will see the “delete” button. Tap it, and you are ready.
4. You can Preset Different Locations
You can also see where the slideshow has taken place. In order to do so, you need to go to the particular Memories slideshow and get to the section labeled “Places”. Once you are there, just tap it, and you will see where it took place. You can also use this as differentiation criteria for presetting your Memories slideshow.
Memories, introduced by the new iOS 10 which came out with the iPhone 7 release, is a particularly charming photo app. It allows you to create beautiful and engaging memories that you can share with your friends and cherish forever. It provides a great alternative to the more boring memories introduced with simple photos.
Check this video to know more about the Memories feature in iOS 10
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • iPhone7/7Plus tutorials
- 1. iPhone 7/7Plus features +
- 1.1 Top 7 iPhone 7/7 Plus new features you should know
- 1.2 All about iPhone 7/7 Plus
- 1.3 iPhone 7 Camera Upgrade: Why we need the Dual Lens
- 1.4 How to Take Underwater Photos with your iPhone 7
- 1.5 iPhone 7 Plus Dual-Lens Camera Review
- 1.8 What's New in Photos on iOS 10
- 1.9 Top 10 iOS Tips and Tricks
- 1.10 Should I upgrade to iOS 10 or not
- 1.11 How to Use Memories on the new iOS 10
- 2. iPhone 7 Alternatives +
- 3. iPhone 7/7Plus Video Editing +