Meta Description: If you have several videos you would like to combine into one video, follow the steps in this article to combine videos on TikTok.
Many people continue to ask how to combine videos on TikTok. If you saw a video that grabbed your attention but consisted of several recordings, you might be wondering how you can combine the videos for TikTok. In this article, we’ll provide all the solutions you need. We’ll explore the best ways to combine videos on TikTok without surpassing the time limit the platform specified. On that note, let’s begin.
2 Practical Ways to Combine Videos on TikTok
This section will explore two practical ways to help you combine videos on TikTok. First, follow the steps outlined to complete the process.
Using the TikTok Camera
You can first combine videos on TikTok by using its official camera. To achieve this, follow the steps outlined below to combine your videos seamlessly.
- First, visit TikTok and click the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you do this, you can advance to recording the clips you want.
- Click the timer button at the top of the screen to choose how long you would like to shoot your video; you can select 5 seconds, 10 seconds, etc.
- Before starting the countdown, drag the red bar by the audio track to where you want the clip to end.
- You can repeat the recording many times to have many clips recorded.
- Once you’re done recording, click the ‘adjust clip’ icon to adjust your video clips.
- After adjusting, hit the ‘done’ button and have your combined video.
You can go ahead and share with your followers and the general public.
Use the Combining Function
The second practical way you can combine TikTok videos into a single video is by using the app’s built-in combining function. To find out how you can use this technique for your videos, follow the steps outlined below.
- Once you have the TikTok app on your device, open it and go to the menu bar. Select the ‘+’ button; it should be at the end of the screen.
- Instead of recording through the TikTok camera, choose the ‘upload’ button, and it will take you to your device storage, where you can select the videos you would like to upload on TikTok.
- Now, choose the ‘select multiple’ option at the left corner of your screen. Once you select this option, you can select different videos you would like to join together. Once you are satisfied with your choice, hit the ‘next’ button.
- TikTok will allow you to combine the videos for up to 60 seconds. You can customize the video arrangement according to your preference.
- If you’re satisfied with the final video result, click the next option, and you can share it on your TikTok account.
How to Combine Draft Videos on TikTok
Now that you know how to combine videos on TikTok, you’re probably wondering about the best way to combine the drafts you saved on your TikTok account. Maybe when you made the videos, you were unmotivated to upload them. However, now you want to combine the videos into a single video and don’t know how to proceed. So, follow the steps outlined in this article to get it done.
Step 1: Go to Your Drafts
To begin, you have to launch the TikTok app and click on the ‘me’ option at the end of the screen. Then, it will redirect you to your profile, choose the ‘drafts’ category, and take you to the videos you saved on the app and never published.
Step 2: Update Privacy Settings
Now you want to change the privacy setting in the ‘who can watch this video’ category to ‘just me.’ After updating, tap on ‘post.’ After posting your video, you can change the setting by clicking on ‘change cut.’ You can reduce the video length and add new videos to combine TikTok drafts.
Step 3: Add Filters and More Effects
You can also add music to your newly combined video and texts, stickers, filters, and many more effects to enhance your video.
Step 4: Save Draft
Once again, save the video as a draft, but you’ll have to choose a thumbnail for your video. You can choose any part of the video to become the thumbnail. Then, post your video by navigating to the home screen again and clicking the plus icon to post; select your video and post.
Use Third-Party Tools to Combine Videos for TikTok Before Uploading
There are several tools you can use to combine TikTok videos. While there is software, some are available online. Since TikTok gives limited editing functions, most TikTokers want a rich editing tool that they can use to edit and combine videos for TikTok. Below are three user-friendly software you can use to successfully edit and combine your videos.
This is the best editing software you can find; it makes it relatively easy to combine your TikTok videos into a single video. Not only does Filmora allow you to combine videos before you upload them, but you can also use its host of editing tools to enhance your video. You can use this software for any type of video like slideshows, documentaries, photomontages, and many more. It is quite easy to use, irrespective of your editing skills, because of its user-friendly interface.
It is a strong contender in the editing world because it offers different effects, overlays, titles, transitions, etc. You can also upload your video directly to TikTok and other social media platforms. With many themes available on the platform, you can create a slideshow right on the platform. Follow the steps outlined below to combine multiple videos on Wondershare Filmora.
- First, you have to download the app on your device; you can do this from the official website. Install the app afterward, and the launch to begin.
- Next, select ‘create new project,’ It will take you to the media screen. Click the ‘add’ button and choose ‘import media file.’
- You can then navigate to the folder with the videos you want to combine and choose.
- Afterward, drag the videos to the timeline. Filmora will ask you if you want to match the project to the resolution of your media; choose to ‘match to media’
- This will make the videos into one. You can rearrange the video clips to your preference; simply click and drag the videos to reposition them.
- You can also use the effects, filters, transitions, and overlays on Filmora to enhance your TikTok video.
- Once everything looks good, click on the ‘export’ button at the top of the screen.
- You can then rename your video and choose where you would like to save the video. Filmora also allows you to adjust your video’s resolution and bitrate before clicking the ‘export’ option.
Another third-party app you can use to edit your video and combine videos for TikTok is VideooProc Converter. It allows you to merge several videos in a lossless manner, and you can also cut, trim, rotate and resize your videos to your preference. You could also change the format and any other requirements you would like to tweak. Some beginners might find this video editor hard to navigate. However, the steps below should make the process easier for you.
- Firstly, download VideoProc Converter and launch the software.
- Import your TikTok videos and select and output format for your video; there are many options to choose from.
- You can then start editing each video clip separately. You can resize, trim and crop your videos. You can also apply effects, rotate the videos, and add subtitles.
- Next, go to the end of the screen and click the ‘toolbox’ option, select ‘merge,’ and you can choose the videos you would like to combine.
- After combining the videos, you can save the video and export it to your preferred storage device.
This is another top video-combining tool you can use for your TikTok videos. It allows you to make quick edits on your TikTok videos. Of course, you have to own a TikTok account to use this video editor. However, using it is quite simple, and the steps outlined below show just that.
- Go to the Adobe Spark website and sign-in; you can create an account if you don’t have one.
- Navigate to the ‘project’ tab on the homepage and select ‘create a project.’
- Click the ‘videos’ tab and choose a template you prefer. You would also have to give your video a title. Once you’re done, choose ‘start from scratch’ to begin.
- It would take you to the video editor; hover over an empty slide and click ‘video’ to choose the video you would like to upload.
- Adobe Spark allows you to trim the length of the video if you think it’s too long. Repeat the previous step to add another video again.
- Once you’ve added all the videos you want, you can rearrange them in the proper sequence.
- Now you can save your video; click the ‘download’ button, and Adobe Spark will automatically download the newly combined video to your device.
7 Tips and Tricks You Should Know for TikTok Videos Creation
Although most tips focus on how you can redo your video to focus on the video-sharing platform, we have some tips and tricks you should know for TikTok video creation that focuses on combining videos. If you’re always having drafts or would like to enhance your videos, these cool tips will serve as a quick method for you.
- Combine Photos and Videos
TikTok allows you to combine videos and images. This comes in handy when trying to make a point on your video. For example, you’re probably wondering how you can add a foundation picture to your video. It is quite simple if you follow the steps below.
- Launch the TikTok app and click the ‘+’ button at the end of the screen.
- Record your video and select the ‘impacts’ screen at the end of the screen after a few moments.’
- Choose ‘transfer your picture to change foundation from the options that pop up.’
- Continue recording your video, and the chosen picture will become your video foundation.
- Add Overlay to TikTok Videos
Another tip we have is how to add overlay videos on TikTok without third-party editing apps; follow the steps below.
- After chronicling your videos, you can choose to add a melodic overlay, channels, and many more enhancements like stickers and text overlays.
- Once you add this to your video, choose next, and it will take you to the next page, where you can add subtitles, hashtags, and many more before you post.
- How to Add Videos to TikTok After Posting
Apart from making videos, you can also make two-part duets on TikTok. Additionally, TikTok allows you to record with different formats; follow the steps below.
- Firstly, go to the video you would like to edit and click the three-dot icon to edit your video.
- Once you edit the video by changing the format or adding another part, save your video, and TikTok allows you to post your video again.
- Place Videos Side by Side
Another tip we have in store for you is how you can place videos side by side on TikTok; the steps below help you achieve this.
- First, click the ‘star’ button at the side of your screen and select ‘add to favorite.’
- Now, record a second video on your TikTok or simply import it if you have already recorded the video.
- Download the first video, and you can use the combining feature on TikTok to make the video run next to each other
- Once you’re satisfied, you can now proceed to post your video.
- Learn to Perform Duets on TikTok
Another thing you can do on TikTok is to duet with other TikTok users
- To do this, go to TikTok and find the video you would like to duet
- At the end of the screen, click on the ‘share’ option and choose ‘duet’ from the option available
- Tap the red icon at the middle of the screen to start recording your video; your video usually appears on the left while the other video shows up in the right corner.
- Once you’re done recording, click the checkmark icon at the top of the screen to save your recording.
- Replay the duet to ensure you like the result; you can add effects, stickers, and other editing features you want to the video before you post.
- Set a Timer for Recording Videos
One of the ways you can record multiple scenes for a video is by using the recording tool; the steps below show you how to do that.
- Once you launch TikTok and click on the camera icon
- Tap the ‘clock’ icon at the side of the screen; you can choose between 3-10 seconds
- Click the red circle to start recording
- A countdown on the screen gives you time to get ready to record. Once the countdown gets to zero, TikTok starts recording your video.
- Use the Stitch Feature
Stitched videos allow you to add the first maker’s details in the new video; these details connect TikTok users to the first video. It is quite easy to stitch one video to another. Simply navigate to the ‘privacy and settings’ tab, and you can enable or disable stitching for your TikTok videos; you can also turn this on and off for your videos. Follow the steps below to stitch your TikTok videos.
- Open the TikTok app and choose the video you would like to stitch
- Now choose the three-dot icon and select the ‘advanced’ option
- You can stitch up to five seconds from the video you would like to stick to add to the current video.
- You can add recordings to the stitched option and then stitch them together to post.
Whether you’re a stranger to the TikTok scene or a professional, TikTok is quite popular as a video-sharing platform. However, you don’t always get it right the first time, and you might want to combine various videos into one perfect option to upload. Apart from the two practical ways you can do this on TikTok, we also share three third-party apps you can use to achieve this. You can also explore the seven tips shared in this article to maximize your potential on the TikTok app.