Most times, Youtubers need to cut out unnecessary parts from their videos while customizing intros and outros. A common reason is to ensure that videos are engaging and interactive while preventing any lagging. In addition, an aesthetically pleasing video keeps its viewers hooked throughout the video. That’s why cutting MP4 videos are essential for being a Youtuber. However, the question becomes, which is the best MP4 cutter for Youtubers on Mac? This article answers that question succinctly; let’s take a look.
What You Should Know About YouTube Video
YouTubers upload over 300 hours of video content to the platform every second. These videos cut across every niche and topic. There’s scarcely a topic you’re looking for that you won’t find a video or two discussing on YouTube. So as a YouTuber, you have to find ways to keep up and stand out from the crowd. You’ll need engaging videos that will hold your target audience’s attention so much that they will subscribe for more.
However, if the video is too long or your car doesn’t hit the right frame, it will disengage your audience. Additionally, you want a video seamlessly woven together to form a polished video. This makes MP4 cutting an essential part of the YouTube video creation process. There’s no need to purchase pricey editing equipment anymore; you can simply cut your MP4 videos from the comfort of your home. This article explores the best MP4 cutters for YouTubers on Mac; let’s take a look.
Best MP4 Cutter for YouTubers on Mac - Filmroa Video Editor
Supported System: Mac and Windows
Filmora Video Editor makes it relatively easy to cut and edit your videos like a professional. This MP4 cutter is a great option, even if you don’t have video editing skills. It offers an intuitive user interface that makes it an excellent choice for experts and novices. It also provides you with the crucial editing tools to create amazing YouTube videos after cutting your MP4 video files. With this editing tool, you’re sure to produce videos your subscribers enjoy.
With Filmora, you can add effects, color grades, and texts to your videos. There’s also a library filled with royalty-free audio you can explore. After cutting your MP4, you can use templates from this MP4 cutter to create an intro for your YouTube videos. Filmora has many features that will save you a lot of time, and using it to cut MP4 is relatively easy.
- It offers an intuitive user interface
- There are several effects and overlays to utilize
- Fast rendering of videos
- Offers varying output formats
- Ideal for beginners and experts
- No DVD Menu
Steps to Cut MP4 Video for YouTubers on Mac Using Filmora
Cutting videos on Filmora is relatively easy. You have to first download and install Filmora on your device. Below are the steps to cut MP4 videos to your preference using Wondershare Filmora.
Step 1: Import MP4 Files
There are two ways you can add MP4 files to this MP4 cutter. You can either click the ‘import’ button and choose the file from your media library or drag the mp4 file to your album. After dragging to the album, drag from the album to the timeline.
Step 2: Cut MP4 Files
After importing your file, you’re ready to cut. First, simply move the indicator to the ideal position you want by dragging the top of the indicator and slider bar. Then, click the scissor button to cut once you move to your preferred time.
You can also delete any part of the MP4 file you don’t want by hitting the ‘delete’ option. If you cut various clips out of the MP4 file, you can rearrange them with the ‘drag and drop tool.
Step 3: Save and Share Cut MP4 File
Now, you can save your newly cut video file by clicking the ‘file’ button at the left corner of the Filmora software and selecting ‘save as’ from the options. The output window will appear, and you can choose the format and if you want to share directly to YouTube. Pick the option that meets your need, and you’re good to go.
More Free MP4 Cutter for YouTubers on Mac to Cut MP4 Videos
Although Wondershare Filmora is the best video cutter for YouTubers on Mac, there are free MP4 cutters you can utilize to cut your videos from the comfort of your home easily. Below, we’ve reviewed the top three options you should consider.
Supported System: Windows and Mac
If you’re looking for a free MP4 video cutter that ensures fast processing of videos, you should try PowerDirector Essential. This MP4 cutter allows you easily cut your YouTube videos irrespective of your experience level. You’ll be able to cut and edit your YouTube videos within a couple of minutes. In addition, PowerDirector Essential is versatile and allows you to either use the storyboard mode or timeline editor for your cutting needs.
Apart from splitting and cutting tools, you can also explore its library of stylized transitions if you want to significantly upgrade the appearance of your YouTube video professionally. YouTubers want a video cutter that offers video editing features to create your visual effects. This MP4 cutter is excellent for beginners because of its intuitive interface that you can master in minutes. You can also ensure your video has amazing audio and clear video before sharing it on YouTube. If you want high-quality, Hollywood-style videos, this is the best free MP4 cutter to achieve that.
- It supports several input and output video formats
- Easy cutting and exporting process
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Ideal for beginners
- It offers various video editing tools to enhance your video
- Some features are only available on the Windows version
How to Cut Video for YouTube on Mac Using PowerDirector Essential
If you want to learn how to easily cut MP4 files using PowerDirector on a Mac computer, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: You have to download PowerDirector software on your Mac and install it. After installation, launch the software, and you’re ready to begin the cutting process.
- Step 2: Now, import the video into PowerDirector by clicking ‘import media file’ and choosing the ideal video file from your media library.
- Step 3: Add the video to your timeline and hover over the right or left edge of the video track. This would make an adjustment arrow appear on both sides of the video file.
- Step 4: Drag the arrows to the point you would like to cut and choose the ‘scissors’ button.
- Step 5: After cutting, go to the ‘produce’ tab and choose ‘online’ if you want to upload a video directly to YouTube. You can also choose to save to your Mac. Choose the output format and location and click ‘start’ to save your newly cut video.
Supported System: Mac
iMovie is a free MP4 cutter that’s built into Mac. Therefore, there’s no need to carry out downloads or installation to utilize this editing software. Although it only offers basic editing features, it is excellent if you only want to cut MP4 video files. iMovie is great for beginners as it features a user-friendly interface that’s easy to navigate.
It is the best option for YouTubers because it allows you to crop, trim and arrange video clips in just a few minutes. Additionally, you can add visual effects to your video while also editing the audio file to enhance your video. It also allows you to link your YouTube account to share directly. Therefore, if you’re looking for an MP4 cutter to carry out quick trimming on your videos, iMovie is amongst the best free MP4 cutters.
- Easy to use and ideal for beginners
- It supports major video formats and allows you to change the output format
- Allows you to store videos in iCloud or share them directly to YouTube
- Free on Mac device
- It offers essential editing tools to enhance your video
- Editing features are limited
Steps to Cut MP4 Video for YouTube on Mac Using iMovie
This section will explain how you can cut a clip in iMovie within a few minutes. Below are the easy steps you have to follow.
- Step 1: Launch iMovie on Mac and choose ‘import file’ to select the video you want to cut.
- Step 2: To enter full-editing windows, double-click the project. At the end of the video editor, you’ll see the video editor.
- Step 3: Drag the playhead to the position you would like to cut from, and then click on it. Do this for both sides of the video.
- Step 4: Now, click ‘modify’ and choose the ‘split clip’ option to cut the selected part out.
You can delete the rest of the video by selecting it and hitting ‘delete’ on your keyboard.
- Step 5: Finally, save your newly cut video or export it to YouTube directly by clicking ‘export’ under the ‘file’ section.
Supported System: Windows, Mac, and Linux
OpenShot is another free, open-source MP4 cutter that you can easily use on your Mac device. It offers an intuitive interface that makes it easy to drag videos to the interface. Apart from cutting videos, other features are available like scaling, resizing, rotation, trimming, and many more. This YouTube video cutter also provides hundreds of transitions and effects to enhance your YouTube video and make it stand out amongst other Youtube videos. However, this video cutter is only an excellent choice for beginners because it lacks many advanced features.
- It is easy to use and ideal for beginners
- It offers a sleek interface for easy navigation
- Offers basic editing features
- Versatile and a cross-platform MP4 cutter
- No advanced features
- It crashes easily
Steps to Cut MP4 for YouTube on Mac Using OpenShot
OpenShot is relatively easy to use and only requires a few steps to cut your MP4 file and upload it to YouTube. Below are the easy steps to follow to cut MP4 for YouTube on Openshot.
- Step 1: First, download the MP4 cutter on your Mac and install it to begin.
- Step 2: Afterward, launch the app and add the video to cut by clicking’ import.’ Alternatively, you can simply drag the video into the app to begin.
- Step 3: Once you get the video on the timeline, drag the red line on both sides of the video to the position you want the video to start and begin.
- Step 4: Right-click on the marker and choose what you want to keep. Next, isolate the fragments from the clip you would like to keep.
- Step 5: Click the fragment you want to delete and press delete on your keyboard. You have to remove the fragments manually until your preferred result remains.
- Step 6: Choose ‘export video’ from the File tab to save your MP4 file. You can change the output format or save it as an MP4.
- Step 7: you can also share videos to your YouTube account; you have to link the YouTube account first.
More Paid MP4 Cutter for YouTubers on Mac to Cut MP4 Videos
Most times, free MP4 cutters offer limited features to enhance your YouTube video. However, there are paid MP4 cutters that will efficiently cut your MP4 files and provide advanced editing tools.
Adobe Premiere Pro
Supported System: Mac and Windows
Advanced editing software that supports different file types, including MP4, is Adobe Premier Pro. This MP4 cutter allows you to quickly trim, split, and cut your MP4. Its intuitive and fast-responding interface ensures that your video is ready within a few minutes. Beyond cutting, there are several other advanced editing features that the editing software offers you. Some include filters, chroma-key, VR editing, color adjustment, and audio editing tools to take your YouTube video to the next level.
Adobe Premiere Pro is not the best option for beginners because of its steep learning curve. However, if you have ample experience with video editing tools and want to professionally cut and edit your YouTube video, this paid MP4 cutter is worth the cost and effort. ‘
- Advanced video editing features
- Intuitive user interface
- Responsive speed
- Ideal for professional editing
- Steep learning curve
- Quite pricey
Step to Cut MP4 for YouTube on Mac Using Adobe Premiere Pro
Although Adobe Premiere Pro has an interface that’s quite intimidating to non-professionals, the steps below help simplify cutting your MP4 files for YouTube.
- Firstly, download Adobe Premiere Pro on your Mac and install it.
- After installation, launch the app and select ‘new project’ on the homepage. It will require you to name the new project and choose where you want to save it. Afterward, click ‘ok’ to begin.
- Next, go to ‘file’ and select ‘import from media’ to import the MP4 file you would like to cut. Alternatively, you can simply drag the file to the timeline.
- Next, pick the ripple edit tool and go to the beginning of the video. Drag the handle with the arrow to your desired point. Repeat this at the end of the video.
- Finally, press Q to cut the MP4 clip to the left of the blade. Next, press W to cut the clip to the right.
- Now you can save your file to your preferred file location.
Movavi Video Editor
Supported System: Mac and Windows
This is an efficient MP4 cutter that helps you remove unnecessary scenes from your YouTube videos. The timeline offers you markers that allow you easily locate the start and end scene of the video you would like to remove. Apart from cutting videos, this tool provides several premium features you can use to make your video look professional. Movavi offers a free trial you can use to determine if this editor is the best option for you. However, it comes with a Movavi watermark that you can only eliminate with the paid option.
Movavi Video Editor can add transitions, music tracks, chroma-key effects, special effects, and many more exciting features to ensure a top-quality result. Furthermore, its intuitive interface makes it relatively easy for beginners and professionals to use. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about a stiff learning curve. With Movavi, you can also change the output format to switch from MP4 to another commonly supported format.
- Simple and easy to use
- Supports various input and output formats
- Provides YouTubers with basic and advanced features
- Ideal for beginners and professionals
- Video rendering is slow for large files
- The trial version comes with a Movavi watermark
Steps to Cut MP4 for YouTube on Mac Using Movavi Video Editor
For cutting your video on Mac using Movavi video editor, you can follow the steps outlined below.
- First, download and install Movavi Video Editor on your Mac.
- After installing Movavi, launch the editor and click the ‘add files’ button to add your MP4 file.
- Once the file shows up in the media bin, drag it to the timeline to start editing your video.
- To cut your MP4 video, move the red marker at the beginning of the video to where you would like to cut. Repeat this process at the end of the video by moving to where you prefer your video to end.
- Next, click the split button to cut this clip from the rest of the video.
- Now, select the fragments you don’t want and hit the delete button to remove them immediately.
- You can also add several filters to your video if you would like to enhance your video.
- You can now save your video by hitting the ‘export’ button. You can choose different formats and video quality for your newly cut video. Select the folder to save to and click the ‘save’ button.
Supported System: Windows and Mac
Davinci Resolve is a favorite for YouTubers who want their videos to look like Hollywood videos. However, this MP4 cutter is aimed at the professional market and supports different input and output formats for your video. Davinci Resolve offers you a variety of professional features and also supports 8k videos. In addition, it provides advanced video cutting features to ensure your video looks excellent even after cutting. You can also combine video clips after cutting without it looking unprofessional.
Although this video cutter software isn’t the best option for beginners, professional editors are sure to be satisfied with the features this editor offers. It also allows you to export directly to various social media platforms, including YouTube, to save space and time.
- Basic and advanced editing tools
- Fast rendering of videos
- Supports major video formats and video resolutions
- It offers several special effects to make your video more engaging
- Not the right option for amateurs
Steps to Cut MP4 for YouTube on Mac Using Davinci Resolve
Cutting your MP4 file on Davinci Resolve is relatively easy. The cut tool helps you cut your YouTube video within seconds. Simply follow the steps outlined below.
- First, download and install the Davinci Resolve on your Mac. After installation, launch the MP4 cutter to begin.
- Next, create a new timeline and choose the ‘edit’ mode to begin.
- Import your video by pressing ‘Command+I’ on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can simply drag the video on the timeline.
- Now, select the cut tool and drag the marker from the beginning to where you would like to cut. Repeat this process at the end of the video.
- Afterward, click the blade button to cut your file to your desired size.
- You can now save your file by hitting the ‘export’ button and choosing your preferred file location.
Which Should I Choose, Free or Paid MP4 Cutter?
You need to consider several factors when you’re choosing the right MP4 cutter. First, you have to consider the type of video you would be editing. For YouTube, you need an MP4 cutter that also offers several video editing features you can use to enhance your video. There’s also a need to consider the available formats and quality you can export in and if the MP4 cutter allows you to add visual effects to make your video stand out on YouTube.
Another factor to consider when choosing between a paid or free MP4 cutter for YouTubers on Mac is your experience level. Are you a professional, or you’re looking for some basic app to simply cut your video? Some paid options take you step-by-step through the process of cutting your MP4 file. This type of MP4 cutter helps you advance your skill. This feature is essential because the more you know, the more you’re willing to learn.
Note that most free MP4 cutters offer limited features. Alternatively, some paid MP4 cutters are only suitable for professionals or have a steep subscription to consider. Consider your budget and if any of the editors offer you the tools you need while being affordable. You need to carefully consider if a free tool is what you’re looking for or if you don’t mind paying for more functionality.
FAQs about cutting MP4 video
- What tools should I look for in an MP4 cutter? You should look for basic cutting tools like trimming, slicing and joining. However, you also want an MP4 cutter that offers several editing features to enhance your YouTube video.
- What do most YouTubers use in cutting their videos? From our experience, most YouTubers use the MP4 cutters provided below. You need to note that some are free while some are paid. Simply pick the cutter that fits your needs.
- How can I improve my video cutting and editing skills? You need a lot of practice to learn how to cut and edit videos professionally. It’s also vital to pick software that allows you to develop your editing and cutting skills with time.
- What is the best video cutting and editing software for YouTube novices? If you’re a novice on YouTube, you can start with any basic MP4 cutter on your device. However, we recommend Wondershare Filmora if you want to develop your cutting and editing skills.
Cutting MP4 for your YouTube content is a part of becoming a professional YouTuber. When looking for an MP4 cutter that’s reliable and versatile, the goal is to get the job done without any issue. We’ve reviewed the best MP4 cutters for YouTubers on Mac in this guide. You can choose between free or paid software, depending on your needs. However, the best MP4 cutter for YouTubers on Mac is Wondershare Filmore because it is ideal for beginners and professionals. It also offers you a variety of editing features at an affordable cost.