Have you ever encountered a problem where you saved a video in the wrong orientation? So you ask yourself what's the best tool to rotate. There are tools that help to flip videos recorded so that you don't get frustrated while you watch them later on your pc or phone. So why don't you take a look at the best video rotators that are available for Android, iOs, Windows, Mac, and online tools?
Best MP4 Video Rotators to Rotate MP4 Video on Windows and Mac - Filmroa Video Editor
Filmora Video Editor allows you to rotate your video to any angle. You can also zoom in and crop out the parts of the video that you don't want to see. It also includes predefined aspect ratios such as 16:9, 9:16, 4:5, 1:1, and others to help you quickly discover the ideal aspect ratio for YouTube, Instagram, and other sites. Let's look at how to modify the orientation of a video in Filmora.
How to change the video orientation in Filmora
Step 1:Import the video file into Filmora, and then drag it to the timeline.
Step 2: To enter the video editing panel, double-click the video clip in the timeline. Locate the "Rotate" option under the "Transform" menu. You can drag the slider or enter a specific number to adjust the rotation value. You can rotate up to 360 degrees. When you enter "90" in the box, the video clip will be rotated 90 degrees.
By dragging the "Scale" slider, you can make the full image screen, or you can directly adjust its position, size, shape, etc., in the Viewer panel.
Step 3: After you are satisfied, click the export button. You can change the format here, or you can upload the file to YouTube.
Top 3 Free MP4 Video Rotators on Windows
Looking for the best free video rotator?
If you are looking for a free video rotator for windows, then this article has got you covered. A list of the top 3 free video rotators for windows has been listed.
- VSDC Free Video Editor
It is a highly functional video editing suite with easy controls. It provides anyone who is a beginner to easily access and edit the video easily.
It helps you rotate the videos in increments of 90 degrees, be it clockwise or anticlockwise )
VSDC is a free video editor with non-linear editing capabilities. Users may swiftly convert video and audio files from one format to another with VSDC. A built-in disk burning tool for DVDs is also included in the software. This free program, designed for educational purposes, can be used by businesses or individuals.
VSDC Free Video Editor features
- Built-In DVD Burning Tool
- Colour Blending And Filters
- Specific Multimedia Devices Creation
- Desktop Video Capture
- Export To Social Networking Sites
- Non-Linear Video Editing
- Subpixel Accuracy
- Supports Popular Formats
- Video File Converter
- It's completely free.
- There is no watermark.
- There are numerous free video editing programs available.
- Support a wide range of file formats
- There isn't a macOS version available.
- Take a severe learning curve into consideration.
- There are numerous premium-only features.
- The timeline isn't the same as most NLE editing software.
- Windows Movie Maker
The most well-known video rotator and editor are probably Windows Movie Maker. Most of us who grew up with Microsoft's various operating systems have had access to it because it comes as a free download with most Microsoft products. It can handle a wide range of files and is generally simple to use. Adding features like sound, music, special effects, or even speeding up the video is simple, and you'll love the variety of skins available.
For beginners, Windows Video Maker is ideal. It is available for free on Windows PCs and includes basic capabilities and workflow aspects found in professional video editing systems. Its user-friendly interface resembles a simplified version of a video editor timeline and is simple enough for even inexperienced editors to understand.
Features of Windows Movie Maker
- Customization Tool's title
- Auto Movie Options
- Credit Customization Tool
- Special Effects Options
- Overlays for Transitions
- Various video editing functions;
- A variety of output possibilities
- Many different versions of the same product;
- No longer included in the Windows operating system.
3.EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is one of the few most popular video rotators we have today. Its video editing provides tools that can change the video orientation by 90 degrees anticlockwise and clockwise, which can flip vertically and horizontally.
In terms of videos, adding great filters, sound, music, subtitles and other elements to have a great video output can be achieved using the EaseUS. Moreover, it accepts video formats and can convert files to MP4 and other great features.
Features of EaseUS Video Editor
- Can easily trim, cut, split, merge, rotate, and mix video clips.
- Ability to apply stylish video effects
- Can add or remove the watermark and reduce background or wind noise from a video.
- User-friendly interface, perfect for beginners
- Easily trim, cut, split, merge, rotate, mix video clips
- A full range of free visual and audio effects
- Change of contrast, exposure, brightness, and other video aspects
- Use the voiceover function to add your comments to the video
- The software has no version for macOS
Top 3 Free MP4 Video Rotators on Mac
The iMovie for Mac users is an exceptional video rotator. You can turn any video or movie you may have into an amazing masterpiece with more features due to the special after-effects it has. Simple application to use and navigate easily, although when importing video takes a while at certain times.
Features of the iMovie include
- Full range of options to modify
- Ability to enhance colour settings
- Easily crop and edit video clips ease
- Ability to change the speed of clips.
- Nice interface;
- The function is to create fun Movie Trailers.
- Supports only a few video formats;
- Pre-processing and import trans-coding can be time-consuming.
- Movavi Video Editor
Movavi has a free version that is easy to use, especially for beginners. It allows you to add titles, filters, transitions, and special effects to your videos and photographs to make attractive movies. You can use the animation to smoothly move things around the screen in your film. On the multi-track timeline, you can add as many tracks as you wish. From the expanded built-in collection, you can get more example video clips, stickers, and audio tracks.
Features of Movavi Video Editor
- You can upload files and photographs in almost any format.
- To make videos automatically, use the Montage Wizard.
- Transition Wizard allows you to quickly put together slideshows.
- Enhance image quality by cutting, cropping, and rotating videos on the timeline.
- Apply artistic filters, and make transitions between portions as smooth as possible.
- Create animated headlines, stickers, callouts, and video overlays:
- It's appropriate for newcomers and casual users alike.
- A number of video formats are supported, including.mov (QuickTime)
- Chroma Key and Slow Motion are examples of special effects.
- Only the premium version supports the advanced features.
- It uses the basic colour grading tool
- QuickTime Player
The key advantage of Apple's QuickTime is that it comes pre-installed on your Mac's macOS operating system. It's powerful enough to rotate your clip, yet it's simple enough for beginners to do. iTunes files can be played and edited with QuickTime. After rotation, it exports a new video file, leaving the old clip on the Mac. The output video will be compressed slightly, resulting in a smaller rotational video file than the original.
Features of QuickTime Player
- Anything can be recorded, including video, audio, and the screen.
- Cropping, audio detachment, combining, and rotation are all simple video editing techniques.
- From 4K to 480p video compression
- Quickly share your video: directly upload videos to YouTube
- With macOS, it comes pre-installed.
- Work with iTunes files Streaming video player with no configuration
- Only QuickTime Pro 7 unlocks the editing feature.
- There will be no more Windows versions.
- It isn't compatible with standard subtitle files.
Top 3 Free MP4 Video Rotators on Android
When we use a smartphone to capture a video or download one from a website, we occasionally discover that the video has been inverted. As a result, we'll require a video rotator app to correct the problem. On the market, there are many different sorts of tools for various platforms. However, you may have discovered that separating the wheat from the chaff can be difficult at times. To save you time, I've compiled a list of 3 video rotator applications for Android
VivaVideo is one of the top movie producers and free video rotators for Android devices as a media editor. This application allows you to alter the orientation of your videos. Aside from rotating videos, this software also includes cropping, combining, cutting, and other editing features. "The best video editor software is VivaVideo - Video Maker App," an Android expert previously said. This program is a video producer as well as an editor.
Features of VivaVideo
- It allows you to add music to videos.
- Combine videos clips into one video
- Can apply video effects.
- After you've finished editing your videos, you may save and share them on YouTube and TikTok! To rotate video, use this program!
- It has an In-app camera with live effects previews for capturing videos.
- More than 60 effects to choose from with additional downloadable effects.
- Enhance the videos using themes.
- Ability to Merge videos and create montages with storyboarding features
- Edit frames within a video
- There is no negative review to say about this app
This app may already be installed on your smartphone, but you are unaware of its full potential. This program includes a built-in picture and video editor in addition to backing up your photos. This program includes three essential video editing tools that are extremely basic and easy to use.
The first is to stabilize the video; if your video is unsteady, you can use this option in Google Photos to stabilize it. You may also use the timeline below the video to cut the video. If you mistakenly captured the video in the wrong orientation, there is a tool to rotate it.
Features of Google Photos
- You can modify photographs and videos in Google Photos.
- On Google Photos, make a collage or a movie.
- Recover photos or videos that were recently erased.
- Clear off some space on Google Photos...
- Place photos in the Archive.
- Google Images automatically backs up all of your device's photos and videos.
- Despite its many advantages, the reason I choose Google Photos is that it helps me save space on my smartphone.
- The original quality of images stored in Google Photos is really high. Photos and videos are saved in the same resolution as when they were taken.
- Over time, Google has improved the Google Photos interface, and it now incorporates AI to provide consumers with even better performance.
- There aren't many effects, and there aren't any other editing tools.
- The lack of a password-protection option in Google Photos is annoying. Some photos are private, and you may not wish to share them with others.
- Users of Google Photos will no longer have limitless storage.
Adobe Rush is a new video editor that Adobe released via a partnership with Samsung's latest flagship smartphone. This app is a simple yet powerful tool for editing videos on the go, on your smartphone.
This app comes with some powerful tools which you find on some high-end video editing apps. You get a timeline interface to edit your videos perfectly, and you get some music recommendations right into the app.
Features Of Adobe Rush
- In the timeline, you can make changes to your video.
- Audio can be added and refined.
- Change the colour, size, and position of the video.
- Make a title.
- Add transitions, pan and zoom effects, and reframe your clips automatically.
- Change the clip's attributes.
- Change your video's aspect ratio.
- Create the illusion of a picture-in-picture effect.
- It has a user-friendly UI that is responsive and snappy.
- It's easy to use and provides helpful advice for newcomers.
- It enables Adobe users to quickly and easily produce stunning videos that are customized to their preferences.
- When compared to its competitors, exporting files is a breeze.
- Unlike most of its competitors, it comes with good colour and title tools.
- YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter are just a few of the social media channels where the finished files can be simply shared.
- It synchronizes projects between desktop and mobile devices, making them more accessible.
- When compared to its competitors, it is a little costly.
- It renders projects slowly and only supports three transitions.
- The app does not have storyboard templates and cannot specify the exact structure for output files.
- It only comes with a few video and audio editing capabilities.
- Many standard video effects are missing.
Top 3 Free MP4 Video Rotators on iPhone
Trimming, cropping, effects, titles, speed adjustments, animation, transitions, and music are all available in this well-known video editor, which has a cultish following of dedicated Splicers.
Splice's music library is one of its strongest assets. It offers a large selection of free music and sound effects to layer over your video, as well as the ability to sync your movie to the beat of your soundtrack.
Features of Splice
- Clips should be cropped and trimmed to focus on the highlights.
- With an Audio Library and iTunes Integration, you may add music to your videos.
- To smooth transitions between clips and images, use transitions.
- Enhance videos with effects.
- Developed by GoPro, award-winning, highly regarded.
- Only available on iOS devices.
It's easy to miss pre-loaded apps like Apple's Clips, but this video editing tool has lots of impressive features to enjoy, thanks to the weight of the tech giant's greatest brains behind it. Take, for example, their live tiles setting. You can use this to generate animated captions and titles that appear as you speak.
To liven things up, you may add animated emojis and backgrounds, and music tracks dynamically sync to the length of your video.
Features of Clips
- Ability to generate animated captions
- Full access to Animated emojis and backgrounds
- Ability to have your music sync to your videos
- Simple to use, unique features, and Apple's support.
- It's only for iOS devices (obviously! ), and it has trouble with a big number of clips.
- You may apply transitions and effects to up to 200 photographs and video clips from your photo library or GoPro Plus with this free software. You may not only crop, zoom, and rotate photos and video clips, but you can also customize them with 26 different themes, fonts, effects, and artwork.
- You may make HD 1080p or 720p films for social sharing in cinema, square, or portrait formats, and you can store your draft creations for up to seven days.
Features of Quik
- Everything that is available for free.
- There are no limits to the number of mural events.
- Editing is unrestricted.
- There are now a total of 25 more photo and video filters.
- Tons of features, including access to 100+ free songs,
- Flashbacks and QuikStories, which make videos based on your most recent footage,
- syncs footage to the beat of your soundtrack, and AI editing help.
- Limited control and no trimming option; customers have claimed that it is occasionally glitchy.
Top 3 Free MP4 Video Rotators Online
1.Online Video Cutter
This web tool comes in helpful when you need to rapidly edit a small video file. It is not necessary to install it; you may use it right from your browser. The clip can only be rotated 90, 180, or 270 degrees. It'll come in handy, especially if you've closed the video in portrait mode and want to watch it on a big screen. The service's provider says that the files will be automatically erased from the servers a few hours after you accomplish your task, resulting in a high level of security.
Features of Online Video cutter.
- It Supports Any Video Format. ...
- Completely Online for you to access
- Additional Settings to make more edits to videos
- Easy to use, User-friendly interface.
- It has a very simple user interface.
- You do not need to pay for a license to utilize it.
- Almost every video format is supported.
- Only suitable for little clips
- Performing simply the most basic functions, such as rotating and cropping
This unique internet tool not only creates animated GIFs but can also rotate video. You simply choose the clip from your local folder. However, the file's maximum size is limited to 100MB. A basic tool for rotating the video through 90, 180, and 270 degrees. You can also vertically and horizontally flip the video before exporting it in a different format and encoding.
Features of EzGif
- A simple user interface to find your way around the website.
- Ability to do resizing and rotating of videos and images.
- Capable of video conversions and editing
- Many video formats are supported, including MP4, WebM, AVI, MPEG, FLV, MOV, and 3GP.
- The rotation procedure is quick and simple to utilize.
- After rotating, provide a preview function.
- The maximum file size is 100 megabytes.
- There are no filters or transitions, and only basic editing functions are available.
- This is a free online video rotator that is simple and quick to use. You can upload your video from a local folder or import a recorded clip from major cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and One Drive, just like the other online services (there are buttons for each of them). You can flip the clip or rotate it left and right. Other video capabilities available on the site include cropping, stabilizing, and slicing.
Features of Videorotate
- Ability to crop, stabilize and slice videos.
- Simple and straightforward to use
- Clips from your Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive accounts can be uploaded.
- A specific "Reset" button is available.
- For basic operations, a service for newcomers is available.
- Only a few video file formats are supported.
FAQs about Video Rotator
- What is the best way to rotate a video?
Use an easy-to-use video editing program. It's easy to rotate a video, even if you've never edited one before. You can also use some media players.
- How do I rotate a video permanently?
In this guide, we will show you exactly how to rotate video in Windows with EaseUS Video Editor and save it permanently.
3.How can I rotate a video for free on the internet?
It's simple to rotate a video online, and there are various services that offer free online video rotators.
- Video cutter on the internet
- How do I mirror a video on the internet?
The websites that support video rotation also offer the ability to "flip" the video vertically and horizontally. You'll have "mirroring" frames in this manner as if you're filming your pals in the mirror.