- • YouTube Marketing Guide
- Creating a Channel+
- 1. Find your YouTube niche
- 2. Pick a Channel Name
- 3. YouTube Channel Art
- 4. Optmize Channel Description
- 5. Channel Trailer
- Making Videos+
- 1. Video ideas
- 2. Structure YouTube Videos
- 3. Video Shooting Equipments
- 4. YouTube Shooting Tips
- 5. Best Video Editors for YouTube
- 6.Best Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 7. How to edit YouTube Videos
- 8. End Screen and Card
- 9. Intro and Outro
- 10. Video Effects
- 11. Background music
- YouTube SEO+
- 1. YouTube SEO Complete Guide
- 2. Optimize Video Meta Data
- 3. Increase Audience Retention
- 4. YouTube SEO tools
- 1. How to make money with YouTube
- 2. YouTube Money Calculator
- 3. Make money by Ads
- 4. Make money by Affiliate
- 5. Make money by getting sponsored
- 6. What's MCN?
- 7. Influencer marketing platforms
- Interesting Stats+
Top 10 Best Free Video Capture Software on Win/Mac/Linux
Free video capture software is very useful for capturing high-quality video that you performed on your device like computer, mobile phone or tablet, and meanwhile you don't want to spend much money on buying a paid recorder. These free video capture software are not limited to only a few features but, you can also perform various activities like editing, record video in a different format and much more. You may wonder how can I find an excellent video capture software right now? Well don't worry. To make a job simple for you, here are 10 best free video capture software list and comparison table that will help you in your daily life.
- Part 1: Best free video capture for Windows
- Part 2: Best free video capture for Mac
- Part 3: Best open source video capture for Linux
- Part 4: Best plugin video capture
You May Also Like: Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows >>
Comparison Table for the best free video capture software [Quick Look]
Below is a comparison table that can give you some information about the best free video capture software on Windows 10/7/8, Mac and Linux, which listed some key factors for a screen recorder or video capture software such as the ability to customize the screen that you need to record, the quality that you can record, as well as the ability to record dual devices such as webcam and screen together. Besides that, we also pointed out the video editing features and audio recording and editing features that you should consider as well when choosing the video capture software for your Windows, Mac or Linux computer.
||Filmora scrn||Free Screen Video Recorder||Windows 10 Game Bar||CamStudio||VLC||OBS||QuickTime||Loom||Jing||Monosnap|
|Customized Recording Window||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|HD Video Quality||Y||N||Y||Y||N||Y||N||N||Y||Y|
|Upload to YouTube||Y||N||Y||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y|
|Pros||Changeable cursor to use||Automatic startup||Very easy to handle||Record and creat videos easily||Cross platform||Audio mixing to use||Support editing||Hotkeys customization||Crosshair capture||No need to download|
|Cons||It is not a just a recorder||Limited functions||Doesn’t record the cursor||No editing feature available||More like a media player||Only allowed in its repositories||Need to install an additional codec||Functions are not rich||Crash sometimes||FPS is limited|
Part 1: Best free video capture software for Windows 10
The video capture software listed are for Windows 10, but some of them can also be used on Windows 7 and Windows 8, such as Filmora Scrn and CamStudio. If you are looking for some more video capture software for your windows computer, you can also check our picks of Best Screen Recorders for Windows >>
1. Filmora Scrn
Filmora scrn is a perfect solution in Windows 10/7/8 for recording fast-paced game, live streaming, webinar and videos from 15 to 120 frame per second. This is an excellent video recording software that works amazingly for those who want to create reviews and tutorials.
- Changeable Cursor: One can use this feature to manage the size, shape and cursor color to make it stand out.
- Two Devices: It is a very powerful tool which has the ability to do video capture from webcam and computer at the same time.
- 15 to 120 Frame per Second: This is a perfect screen capture software for heavy games from 15 FPS to 120 FPS.
- The Picture in Picture Mode (PIP): You can use the picture in picture mode to add additional image or video into the main footage.
- 2-in-1 screen recording + video editing software: By using this powerful screen recorder, you can record and edit the video footage, or import images, videos, music etc. with more than 50 file formats. The editing features like noise reduction, speed changing, cut, delete, audio detaching, PIP blending modes will help you make a more creative video.
- Multiple Export Options: It has an ability to export video of most popular formats like MP4, MOV, GIF, and MP3 too. You can also upload the recorded or edited video to social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Vimeo.
Free Screen Video recorder is one video capture software that is good and useful too in Windows 10. It is powered by various latest techniques which help you share your high-quality tutorials with fans or subscribers.
- Easy: By using this video recording software you can easily capture screen objects like the menu and much more.
- Automatic Startup: This tool will automatically launch when you start your computer. If you don’t want this, you can disable it through settings.
- You can record screen object in MP4 format and share it on social media and other channels.
- By using such software, you can easily resize crops and rotate the video with one click process.
- You are not able to change the skin or theme of this screen recorder application like other free video capture.
Windows 10 comes with various features to make your life easier and convenient. Built-in screen recorder is one of them. By using this built-in feature users don't need to install a third-party application. Though this free screen recorder is designed for Xbox, you also can use it to capture any activity on your screen.
- Game Clip Recorder: Windows video capture for free is equipped with modern technologies, which allow us to record any type of heavy games with one click technique.
- This tool is very easy to handle, and any non-professional can easily use this tool.
- Another great feature for screen capture is that you can record the object on the screen in the background.
- It doesn’t record the cursor while you are capturing screen objects, so it might be a liitle bit annoying when you want to stand your cursor out.
This video recording software is developed by Rendersoft. CamStudio is one of the best free video captures to record screen objects and create them in AVI format. This piece of software consists of various powerful features, which make your life easier. It offers a variety of features like high definition screen recording, video compression and much more.
- Easy-to-use: With its simple and compact interface, CamStudio can help you record and creat videos like a pro.
- You can download it for free form their official website.
- It is very easy to use. Any layman can easily use this recorder without any problem.
- CamStudio is currently only available for Windows operating system.
- There is no editing feature in this application.
Part 2: 3 Best free video capture for Mac
QuickTime media player is another free video capture we want to recommed. This application consists of the clean user interface to help beginners easily record whatever they want. Apart from that, users can also record camera, the screen of you iPhone and audio from your computer or microphone. There is no doubt that QuickTime is the best free software on Mac when we are talking about campability.
- Editing Tools: QuickTime supports basic editing tools like trim, split, cut and flip, etc.
- Once you record your screen, then you can convert it in many different formats like WMV, AVI, MKV and much more.
- Subtitle is another best feature of QuickTime. You can enable this feature under the view menu.
- You have to install an additional codec to play video formats like AVI, WMV, MKV, and others.
Monosnap is one of the best free video capture for Mac. Whether capturing screenshots and drawing on it or sharing files and recording videos, Monosnap allows you all. The features of Monosnap include
- Capture entire window or a part of it or the selected part
- Hotkeys customization is possible with Monosnap
- Screencasts recording
- Private info blurring
- 8x Magnifier for perfecting your crop area pixel
- Use of shapes, arrows, pens, and texts
- Free cloud storage space
- One click screenshot share
- This best free video capture for Mac lets you drop and drag files from the editor
- You can save your work to your computer directly in this free video capture software.
- You can combine multiple screeshots in this video grabber at the top editing panel.
- Sometimes, it will crash and then your recording will disappear.
Do you wish to explain things easily with screenshot captures? Jing lets you capture videos easily at any point of time. This best free video capture for Mac enables you to create visual elements and share it easily.
- Easy and simple interface
- Jing has side menu bar and can be called up anytime
- Crosshair capture on the focus area is a must to record screen
- Double click thumbnails that are the recent captures featured in the history
- Jing created content can be organized and shared with our online video and image hosting service
- This video grabber software will provide step by step guide on how to capture video.
- It is organized by TechSmith, so you can integrate it with Screencast. So convenient.
- If you just want to have a lightweight video grabber, you may want to give it a second thought.
Part 3: Best open source video capture software for Linux
VLC is an open source free media player application, so it can be used on both Linux, Windows and Mac operating system. It allows you to play music and video of any format including WMA, AAC, AIF, MP3 and much more on your computer. Unlike other media players, you can use this as free screen video capture software. This media player is one of the best media players available on the Internet with the built-in screen recording features.
- Simple and Clean User Interface: VLC media player is clean in the interface; any layman can easily use such video recorder free without consulting any professional.
- Codec: Unlike other media players, you can play video of any codec with no need to install that codec extension on the player.
- Platforms: VLC media player is available for almost every popular operating system. you download it from their official website for your computers as well as a smart phone running on Android or iOS operating system.
- This Media player has inbuilt screen video recorder feature which allows you to record high-quality video that you performed on your computer.
- VLC media player offers various alluring customized skins developed by their expert community members. You just need to download the extension of skin and install it.
- Built-in screen recorder of VLC media player only captures data playing on VLC media player application like music or video with audio.
OBS also known as Open Broadcaster Software is another powerful open source video capture free product. It is a streaming program, you can use this program to broadcast a live stream on Twitch, YouTube, etc. One can also use this as a pretty good screen recording program which works great for gamers to share their gameplay with their subscribers.
- Platforms: OBS is available for computers running on Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system.
- Audio Mixing: This video recorder is equipped with noise cancellation technology. By using this technology you can filter the audio such as noise gate.
- Once you record your screen data in a video then you can filter the video by adding image masking, color correction and much more.
- This screen recorder has various interface features. You can apply multiple themes to the application like night mode, day mode and much more as per your needs.
- OBS doesn’t provide the Internet access to the builds. Open source software is only allowed in its repositories.
Part 4: Best plugin video capture
Besides the regular video capture software that you need to install on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer, we have also found some plugins or extensions that you can use to capture the video. Here we recommend the following video capture
Loom is a free screen recorder Google Chrome plugin and Extension mainly popular among YouTubers and bloggers. It allows you to edit, resize and convert the video. It is equipped with modern techniques which make your experience more enjoyable.
- Setup: Various capture settings to help you record your cam, current tab or full screen.
- You can download loom screen recorder at free of cost from their official website.
- One doesn't have to open loom application every time, just simply install the plug-in on a web browser and then launch.
- Loom Screen recorder doesn’t have a feature to convert video into various format.
The demand for screen capture application is rapidly increasing. Most of the people love to share the video on social media network and platform. Free video capture software allow the blogger to share their tutorial video on the Internet without spending a single penny. So, without any hesitation, just pick up one recorder to enjoy your recording journey.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>