Top 10 Best Laptop Screen Recorders for Windows
It is often difficult to instruct other users to do any particular task on your laptop. To resolve one of the toughest tasks, you can use some screen recorders to capture you laptop and show people how to do it on your Windows. Using screen recorder for laptop can help you simplify the entire working flow, explain the steps in details easily, and most essentially the whole process is repeatable, which makes it easier for the person to understand. In order to save you time in researching which one is the best screen recording software, we have listed top 10 best screen recorders for Windows laptop. So, let’s go through it.
- Part 1: Best laptop screen recorders for gameplay
- Part 2: Best open source laptop screen recorders
- Part 3: Best lightweight laptop screen recorders
Part 1: Best laptop screen recorders for gameplay
1. Filmora scrn
One of the most useful and interactive laptop screen recorder, Filmora scrn is an editing tool to create customized videos. From merging or trimming clips of videos to instant export and file sharing features, Filmora scrn offers professional level videos. With the most simple interface and free video recording features, this laptop screen recorder comes in handy for recording your Windows screen.
- No particular time set for video recording, record as much as you want
- The voice recording along with both laptop Windows screen and webcam is possible in Filmora Scrn
- Free annotation editing tools
- Enjoy 4K video recording if your laotop is highly configured
- Inability to recording the mobile devices is surely a drawback
For screencast creators and game players, Bandicam has been one of their favorite laptop screen recorder. This is simple and lightweight software that has the ability to capture high quality video from any window on your laptop screen. It is noteworthy that Bandicam performs well when recording games on your laptop.
- Records 4k ultra HD video
- Screen recording is hardware accelerated
- The laptop screen recorder file size is relatively smaller than other software
- 24 hours recording allowed
- Bandicam does not support live streaming
- Free version has watermark at the top of the video
- No in-built video editor, need a separate video editor to edit the recorded video
Excellent software, Movavi is one of the finest gameplay recorder with amazing features like online sharing, laptop screen capturing tool, playback tools, video editing, and many more. Apart from laptop, one can also record tab or mobile screen through this software. If you want to create game walkthrough, and upload it to YouTube for sharing. Then Movavi can help you easily realize that.
- Supports various video formats
- Splits videos and deletes unwanted segments
- No video download from web or sharing on social platforms available from within the interface
Part 2: Best open source laptop screen recorders
A fine laptop screen recorder on Windows to create screencasts and quick demo videos, CamStudio has a range of features such as automatic panning, highlighting the cursor option during recording, sound recording and more. With the compact interface, it is easy to produce screen captures as well as instructional videos to share with other users across the globe. PLus, you even can burn your laptop recordings to DVD/CD with CamStudio, very practical.
- Completely free and simple to use
- A built-in help file is available in CamStudio
- Can be saved only in AVI format with a flash conversion
- Either records microphone audio or the speakers, cannot incorporate both
A lightweight media player, VLC screen recorder for laptop is an open source and free cross-platform player. As an integrated laptop screen recorder, VLC has the ability to play the most audio-visual files as well as Audio VCDs, CDs, DVDs, and numerous other streaming protocols. Apart from that, if you want to add some features that you liked to a laptop screen recorder, then VLC as a open source product has the alility to let you customize your own features.
- Completely free without spyware, ads or user tracking
- VLC plays all discs, files, devices, streams and webcams in all formats
- Highly customizable with advanced controls
- Without any codec pack installation, VLC supports audio and video format
- Music videos download not possible
- Glitches while playing 4K in VLC
- Lacks of hardware support
With users able to record active computer game on the screen, or a part of the screen or full screen from any window or webcam using the OBS software makes this free program one of the best laptop screen recorder.
- Simple interface with a range of advanced options
- Supports multiple sources like audio and color
- Speedy performance to record laptop screen
- Sharp learning curve for beginners
Part 3: Best lightweight laptop screen recorders
With some of the best image editing and capturing video features, Snagit is a great laptop screen recorder. Whether video clips, color value or capturing images, Direct X application or any video appearing on the screen, Snagit offers a number of helpful built-in tools. You may also add stamps, a new feature to your screenshots, which is extremely convenient for you to create tutorials.
- Built-in Snipping Tool for fast-and-easy screen captures
- Can create presets to visualize exact replica of the screenshot
- Gives a quick access to the toolbar
- Email set-up working with the program is quite tricky
- Lacks revert feature that undoes all your modifications to a saved videos
- Apart from Google Drive, Snagit does not support cloud storage services such as Box, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive
From recording your screen movements to webcam and voice narration recording for screencast and demo, one can easily upload the videos to the web using Webinaria laptop screen recorder for free in the flash format.
- As the developers keep fixing the bugs, it is an open source software developing all the time
- Completely free without the need for license
- You don't need to check the compatibility of the product
- Need to be an expert as you don’t get any support desk to solve your queries
Tinytake, a free video recording and screen capture software with audio is ideal for small projects. For elaborate screen recording, this screen recorder for laptop is not suitable. You may record your desktop in full screen or customized a part as well as integrate the webcam recording.
- Does not leave watermark after exporting
- 2GB storage free on Tiny Take server
- No annotation tools available by now
The Free Scree Video recorder can help you in capturing the monitor. Whether multiple windows, menus, objects, or any other screen activities, this laptop screen recorder is a complete range of guide showing the steps with graphics to help you create your videos.
- Free spyware and adware
- Saves time by offering several video file supporting formats
- Freeware software is 100% free
- When you install this laptop screen recorder, either opt-out or accept the third party products
- No picture-in-picture recording option
Well, there is ample range of laptop screen recorders for you to choose from. So much that you will be completely absorbed in suggestions. But, to pick the best ones the above choices can help you. Filmora scrn being at the top definitely makes one of the best options with all the best features from every other software incorporated into one. Give a try and you will never be disappointed.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>