How to Record Gameplay on 1080p 60fps
If you want to record gameplay at 1080p/60fps then there are two ways to do this. You can either use the free software or paid depending on the level of quality you hope to achieve.
OBS free game recording software
OBS is one of the free game recording software providers that will allow you to record gameplay in 1080p/60fps. This software is more complicated than other recorders however it’s free to download and use. Because the software won’t let you log into Twitch you will need to do so first. Get the stream key from them here . Once you have obtained the key you are ready to begin.
- Select ‘settings’ which is in the bottom right of the page
- Choose ‘broadcast settings’ on the left
- Select your streaming service
- If using Twitch enter your stream key
- Once you do this you are able to continue starting with opening your game to stream
- Find the Sources box and right click your mouse
- Find the add menu and select window capture
- Click ok
- Start streaming
If you just want to record and stream later select the record button to capture your gameplay and save into a file of your choosing to record gameplay in 1080/60fps. To see the quality of the recording:
QuickTime is another popular free recording software to record gameplay at 1080p/60fps. To do so the first thing you will need to do once you have downloaded it is to launch your player.
- Select the file you want
- Choose new screen recording or use the shortcut control, command and N.
- Press Record
When fished click stop and your video will be complete. If you want to edit the video before you stream it then locate the arrow to the right side of your screen and select trim.
The S recorder is the third free game recorder you can use. It’s simple and allows you to record to high standards with or without sound. If when downloading your software you have not taken it from auto run it will start whenever you turn on your computer. If you have removed it, click in the normal way to launch. For single screen capture you just have to left click your mouse on the SRecorder button. You will then need to select which area of your screen you want to capture and click to record it. Release the mouse to cease recording. To record gameplay at 1080p/60fps:
- Configure the resolution to your desired choice
- Click record to start
- To stop just click close
Once your video is complete don’t forget to save to your computer. If you want to play the video in anything other than MP4 you can always download another converter to achieve it.
Fraps game recorder
Fraps is a paid application that you can use with Open GL and DirectX. It is a premium type of recording software to record gameplay at 1080/60fps. You can customise your benchmarks, measure frame rates and edit your completed videos. There is a free version however it only lets you record 30 second videos. It also has a watermark which the paid version does not. You can find out more about here:
Once you have purchased and downloaded fraps you can record by using the following instructions:
- First adjust your recording settings, you can do this by clicking movies and selecting your desired options.
- Choose which folder you wish to save recordings to. If you want to change to a different folder select the change button.
- You can make things easier by creating a hot key. The pre-set is F9 which you can use to start or stop recording.
- If you want to reduce the file size by not recording sound uncheck the ‘record sound’ option.
- Start your game
- Select F9 to start recording and again press it again when you want to stop
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4