How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
One of the coolest features of gaming today is the ability to effortlessly screen capture quick videos of you playing your favorite games and then sending them out to all of your friends, or uploading them online to share, and really taking part in the global gaming community.
For one reason or another, it just seems like the folks at Apple aren't all that interested in making it easy for their iPhone users to record their gameplaying on their phones without having to resort to a jailbreak. Thankfully though, with a couple of tips and tricks that we include below, you are going to be able to record gameplay on iPhone devices without any issue and without having to jailbreak your device.
- 1. Using QuickTime
- 2. Using game recording software
- 3. Using game recording App
- 4. Using game capture card
1. Using QuickTime
QuickTime is one of those often used but really misunderstood applications for iOS and OS X devices, and you're going to want to make sure that you really cozy up to learning how to use QuickTime when it comes to recording your gameplay sessions on your iPhone devices.
Any iPhone running iOS 8 or newer is going to have QuickTime built right in, and these tips and tricks are going to work perfectly "right out of the box" when it comes to record gameplay on iPhone devices.
Here are the steps to do it:
1.Connect your iPhone to your Mac through the lightning cable that has been included with it.
2.Open of your QuickTime player.
3.Open up the "New Movie Recording" option
4.Then follow the on-screen prompts that allow you to select your iPhone as the recording device. You'll also need to make sure that you set up recording of the iPhone microphone if you want to record audio as well, but that's pretty straightforward and simple, too.
5.Click the record button on your Mac to record gameplay on your iPhone.
After you have finished with your gameplay session that you want to record simply hit the record button once again to stop recording and you'll be able to work with the raw video file and edit it as much as you like!
2. Using game recording software
This option to record gameplay on iPhone devices is very similar to the one mentioned above using QuickTime, but instead takes advantage of an even more robust screen capture software called ScreenFlow . The advantage here is that you'll not only be able to record your gameplay action with ScreenFlow, but you'll also be able to edit those videos without ever leaving this software – really streamlining your production process. This software will automatically detect your iPhone device as the recording option, and you will be able to tinker with all of the settings to record your gameplay at the definition levels that you are interested in. From there, it's as simple as hitting the big red record button when you want to start and the same button when you're done recording to get your gameplay captured!
3. Using game recording App
Of all the different options available, AirShou is one of the best gameplay recording applications for iOS. Here is how to record iPhone gameplay via AirShou:
All you have to do is install AirShou directly from your iOS device, and then go through the on-screen prompts that allow you to capture gamplay on your iPhone.
The controls are simple and straightforward, but you also have the opportunity to share your screen captures through Air Play devices with this mobile app in particular.
4. Using game capture card
One of the fastest ways to record stunningly high definition and zero lag videos of all of your gameplay on your iPhone is to simply use a third-party piece of hardware known as a game capture card like the Elgato game capture card.
Check out this video for more recording details.
All you'll need here is your iPhone (running the latest version of iOS), a cord that goes from your lightning cable to HDMI or an adapter that does the same, and the actual Elgato game capture card system.
From there, simply fire up your iPhone, start your game, hit the record button (the physical record button) on your Elgato, and then you are good to go. You will be able to then move those recorded files from your Elgato game capture card to your Mac or PC for further editing and upload.
It's one of the most seamless ways to effortlessly capture the video that you are trying to get without having to jailbreak your device along the way.
There are plenty of different options available to you when it comes time to record gameplay on iPhone devices without jailbreak. Hopefully we have been able to help you out!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4