- • Teachers Toolkit and Guide
- 1. Flipped Classroom+
- 1.1 How To Flip The Classroom: 6 Models and Activities
- 1.2 Best Tools For Flipped Classrooms
- 1.3 How To Make Screen Casting For Teaching
- 2. Digital Tools in Teaching+
- 2.1 Best Screencasting Tools For Teachers
- 2.2 Best Free Screencasting Tools For Teachers
- 2.3 Video Creation in Classroom: Tools you need to for video production
- 2.4 10 Tech Tools for Teachers to Engage Students in the classroom
- 2.5 Video in the Classroom: 10 Best Video Editors for Teachers
- 2.6 Movie Maker for Kids: Teach Kids to Make a Movie
- 3. Review on Digital Tools for Classroom+
- 3.1 Screencast-O-Matic Complete Review
- 3.2 Lynda Vs Udemy
- 3.3 Udemy VS Coursera
- 3.4 Lynda Vs Skillshare
- 3.5 Treehouse Vs Lynda
- 3.6 Udacity Vs Coursera
- 3.7 Udemy Vs Pluralsight
- 3.8 Thinkific Vs Teachable
- 4. Ideas to Use Digital Tools for Education+
- 4.1 Benefits for Teacher Using Video in the Classroom
- 4.2 Video Creation in Classroom: Where to use video project in the classroom?
- 4.3 10 Ways to Integrate Videos into Your Classroom
- 4.4 How To Convert Powertpoint To Video
- 4.5 How Virtual Reality will change education
- 5. Resources for Teachers and Studetns+
- 5.1 Learning Video Resources for Teachers
- 5.2 Top 10 Educational YouTube Channels
- 5.3 10 Best Educational Films for Students
- Key Features of Screen O-Matic
- Why You Need Alternative to Screen O-Matic
- Best Alternative to Screen O-Matic
- Easy to use, drag and drop interface
- Record voice over, webcam, pc screen
- Strong editing features, numerous motion element templates for annotation and even effects collection specially designed for instructional/educational video
- Powerful editing features for education videos, eg. pan zoom, frame by frame preview, etc.
- Good quality output, share to Youtube with 1 click. Save video in various formats
- Not limit of screen recording time, totally free for recording function
- Editing tools would include watermark for free version
Complete Review on Screencast O-Matic: Pros, Cons, Best Alternative
For teachers, tutorial makers or people in business, Screencast-O-Matic is screencasting software which offers many features that are hard to find on software otherwise. Screencast O-Matic offers Java applet launching which means one does not have to install the software to be able to use it and thus makes it even better to work with.
Key Features of Screen O-Matic
The tools are also easy to use and you will be able to figure out without getting lost even if you are a beginner. Since you don’t even have to install it on your computer, it makes things even easier for the user.
2. Direct Publishing Option
As soon as you have made your video you can publish it on YouTube unless YouTube is not banned in your working environment. You can publish your video even when you are using free version which makes things convenient for all users.
3. Able to Record Screen and Webcam Simultaneously
With Screen O-Matic software you can also record screen and webcam simultaneously. This means you will not have to use multiple softwares to combine your recordings.
4. Paid Version Equipped with More Features
Users who buy O-Matic PRO will have more features such as onscreen drawing which means you can add much more to your video. Another feature that PRO version offers is zooming option that will make your experience even better and your students or friends will be able to see things you want to stress on. Not only that it has other additional features including synchronization of recording with video or editing features that help you edit audio as well.
5. Cost Effective for PRO version
If you are going to be working with screencasting for longer period of time you only have to pay $15 per year to get all the additional features. It will enhance your work experience without taking a toll on you in terms of money.
Why You Need Alternative to Screen O-Matic
1. Working Limitations
Screen O-Matic is an online recording platform which calls for internet access if you want to work. Without internet access you will not be able to record which can be inconvenient. This can be one of the cons of using this software.
2. Computer Audio
Another limitation for users who are going to use free version is that they will not be able to use computer audio system for recording. However, PRO version users can access computer audio system.
3. Full-Screen Recording
Free version of Screen O-Matic does not allow full-screen recording either which puts more limitations for those who are working on free version.
4. Limits of Free Version
Free version also does not allow recording for longer than 15 minutes. For those who want to record longer videos it is advised to use paid version. It also leaves watermark on your video and if you want to get rid of it you will need to get the paid version in that case as well.
5. Editing Tools
You might also be disappointed by the limited number of editing tools in the paid version. It does not allow much but if you want more than basic tools you must opt for paid version of Screen O-Matic. For teachers, businesses and tutorial makers it is advised to get the paid version to make professional videos.
Best Alternative to Screen O-Matic
Filmora scrn is the best one after Screen O-Matic to be used for screencasting. Filmora scrn allows you to record videos however long you want to without having to pay. This also makes it a great alternative for Screen O-Matic. It also lets users work when they don’t have access to internet which makes working convenient no matter where you are.
It can be used on both Mac and Windows which allows everyone to access it. It comes with a number of features that users will be able to appreciate for instance, it also allows recording voiceover, webcam and much more. The editing features include transition, text effects, motion elements which makes your video look smoother and much more professional. All of these elements make up for good screencasting software that you can trust to make videos for your online experience.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for an alternative for Screen O-Matic that is free as well, Filmora scrn is a reliable platform to create screencasting videos.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>