Top 10 Screen Recorders for Windows 8
Have you been in the labyrinth of trying to explain the process, but ended up with no desired results? Screen recording comes to the rescue in such case. Unfortunately, Windows 8 does not possess a built-in screen recorder. So in this article, we’ve been looking around for screen recorders for windows 8, and thanks to the amazing developers around the world, we stumbled upon the best of the best. In the market, some screen recorders have the built-in editing tools like adding annotaions, while others haven't, so for better experience and features, we will present the 10 screen recorders for Windows 8 with that standards.
So, let’s get started!
Part 1: Screen Recorders with editing features
1. Filmora Scrn
Screen recorders for Windows 8 can differ in the number of frames per second they offer. Filmora src offers 15-120 FPS with ease. It can record both from your screen and webcam simultaneously. Not only it has a full editing suite that allows you to edit your clips quickly and easily, it also allows you to communicate your message subtly with changeable cursors and annotations. It’s available for Win10, Win8, and Win7 and for Mac OS X 10.11 or later.
- Easily compatible with Windows 8
- You can export to multiple formats MP4, MOV, MP3 and GIF.
- PIP (picture in picture) – you can add a second image or video to your main footage
- You can choose to record all or just a part of your computer screen
- You can import over 50 file formats
- Draw circles and arrows on your screen to create tutorials or anything similar
Another master tool in the list, Snagit allows its users to toggle between webcam and screen recording during a video. You can record yourself while working through steps or just grab individual frames out of a recorded video. Further, it is easy to create animated GIFs once you save your video recordings as MPEG-4 files. Apart from that, you can also record audio using microphone or your computer’s system audio and trim unwanted video clips at any section of the video.
- No need to work with a designer for special edits, you can build your custom graphics by yourself
- It has the ability to delay 5 seconds before to start capturing on Windows 8
- Excellent image editing ability with various tools
- It would be better to enrich video editing tools
Atomi Active Presenter helps in creating screencasts and interactive e-Learning courses with no hassle. It’s a free screen recorder on Windows 8 with all the editing tools that will help you create an engaging and interactive screencast video. Available for both Windows and Mac OS, Atomi Active Presenter helps you easily create videos.
- Mouse-click effects to use for gamers
- Built-in editing tools help you add annotations and overlays
- Free of annoying ads
- You can export to popular video formats – MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, WebM, MKV
- Doesn’t allow users to upload videos online directly
- No live streaming so probably a little bit upset for game users
For all the professional video lessons presentations, iSpring Free Cam is one of the best software in the market. It lets you highlight your mouse, record system sounds, select a recording area and even record your voice over and system sounds. Not only that, the software also allows you to fine-tune your videos. Further, your screencast will be a WMV video having HD quality (720p). Not only you can use the video in presentations but also email them to your colleagues and students or post it in social media.
- No watermark to bother you
- Share videos online on YouTube right away
- Functionalities are too simple to meet advanced recording and editing needs
- The exported video only in WMV format
Ezvid Video Maker is a product that gives you a high-resolution movie on your screen in just a few clicks. The running speed is fast with the upgraded software core and multi-core CPUs. It permits title, description and keywords added to the recordings.
- Allow users to record voice and webcam at the same time
- Directly upload to YouTube platform
- Record full screen or a selected region of your screen
- Videos automatically saved to protect data safety
- Not random settings for screen recording
- Recording time restricted to 45 minutes
Part 2: Screen Recorders without editing features
Bandicam, as its developers claim, is an easy-to-use and also partly free screen recorder for Windows 8. Like Filmora scrn, this screen capture also allows you to capture any area of your screen both as a screenshot and as a video file. From lectures to webinars, games and Skype calls, users can record anything. Not only that, one can share it to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo.
- Easily select the area you want to record
- Mix your own voice with webcam recording
- Add watermark to protect your copyright
- Mouse effects to highlight your tutorials
- Available only for Windows, not Mac and Linux
- No live streaming to share video with others
- Require hardware accelerated H.264/HEVC encoder for optimized screen recording
Known for real-time video capture and benchmarking, Fraps is another name one cannot miss in the software needed for screen recording on Windows 8. It can be used as all three – Benchmarking Software, Screen Capture Software and Realtime Video Capture Software. It shows how many frames per second you’re getting in a corner of your screen. As a screen recorder that has developed a long time, it has summoned a mass of faithful users, so there is on worrry for you to use except you want to use some creative and convenient functionlities.
- Allow users to record gameplay
- Capture audio and video up with custom frame rates from 1-60 FPS
- Outstanding recording quality at the cost of large file size
- Exported file is too large, so you need to prepare large storage space
- Free trial is too short, only 30 seconds
- Not available to do live streaming
- No editing tools available for users to use
And when streaming screen recording live comes in the picture, OBS and as the name "Open Broadcaster Software" suggests, is a tool worth the use for live streaming. It’s free and open source software set for recording and live streaming. Perfect for gamers, this software works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The live streaming videos can be shown through YouTube and Twitch. Utilizing GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), OBS gives no delays on live streaming with up to 60 frames per second.
- Available for all three systems Windows, Mac and Linux
- Various setting options to meet different recording needs on Windows 8
- Video can be shared online directly
- No editing tools available to use
- It is a little bit complicated to use, especially for beginners
With a number of notable features, CamStudio is undoubtedly one of the best free screen capture software. It records your screen activity and the audio at the same time. In some cases, users can record unfixed problems like black screen, and then send to support team. If users want to add captions to your videos, Camstudio also can help you give viewers a clearer and more visualized understading of your recording.
- The software is compact, involving most of you want to use
- No recording time limit
- It may have virus as an open source software
- Can’t upload videos to online platforms directly
- Exports only in .AVI format
Probably the simplest and easiest to use is the Free Screen Video Recorder on Windows 8. As a free program you will get various options to change the default settings such as – change delay time before capturing, set the program to run at Windows start-up, set file name format for images or videos, select program language, change media format and check for updates.
- No spyware or adware to worry about
- It's totally free to use
- If you have advanced demands, then this product is not suitable for you
We do admit that we can't cover all of the best screen recorders for Windows 8, but we hope now you aware that what are your expectations and standards while searching for the best recorder. So choose the one that suits your requirements in the best way. Until next time!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>