- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4
Best Game Recorders for iPhone
Recording gameplay is a huge trend right now, there are software and apps that will help you record your gameplay and compile it into a high quality video to share easily, and they are even available on the iPhone. Some of them offer more powerful features and better recording. Here are a few of the features available on some of the most popular iOS gameplay recording software and apps on the market.
Part 1: Best Game Recording Software for iPhone
This recording software which doesn't require you to take on the risk of jailbreaking your valuable iPhone, is actually software for your computer, and not an iPhone application. Using AirPlay, this iPhone recorder mirrors your stream onto your computer and then records in real-time in HD. Simply connect your iPhone to your WiFi and enable its mirroring capability and begin recording. With one click recording and a large variety of options for the format of your recording, this is one powerful piece of software that you can purchase for just $39.95.
Telestream's ScreenFlow software allows you to record footage straight from your iPhone on your computer. It does this using a the lightning port adapter, so older models of iPhones and iPods with the 30 pin connector port are not support. ScreenFlow can be used for any of your screen recording needs, so for $99.00 you are getting a piece of software that can handle a variety of tasks.
Like Apowersoft's software, X-Mirage uses AirPlay to record iPhone gameplay on your desktop computer. It allows you to add voice over using your microphone and records any on screen volume as well. You can use this software to mirror your device without recording as well, making it an excellent piece of presentation software. You can even mirror multiple devices at once with this software. For only $16.00 this software is a steal.
AirServer is a technologically advanced piece of software for your desktop computer that allows you to mirror gameplay using AirPlay, Chromecast, and Miracast. You can also use this software on your Xbox One. You don't need to install any additional software on your handheld device for the retina quality mirroring that this software provides. This software has powerful applications for both business and personal entertainment.
5. Reflector 2
Reflector 2 is also a wireless mirroring receiver that works with Chromecast and AirPlay. It is available for Windows, iOS, and Android devices and allows you to watch movies, play games and present demos from your handheld device. Reflector 2 also supports live streaming on YouTube and everything is done wirelessly and recorded on Reflector servers. A single license is only $14.99 and offers incredible functionality for recording gameplay videos. Anyone interested in streaming and recording from Android or Amazon Fire can get an additional discount by purchasing the older version at only $6.99.
Part 2: Best Game Recording Apps for iPhone
ReplayKit is a framework new to iOS 9 that allows developers to integrate gameplay recording in their apps. Many developers add this functionality to their games due to the popularity of gameplay videos, but not all games support it. To use ReplayKit in a game that supports it, simply hit the record button. You will be prompted to choose if you want to just record video, or if you would like the audio to record as well.
AirShou is a new app that is still early in its development. This app is essentially a version of Shou.tv, a screen recording app. The difference between AirShou and Shou.tv is that AirShou is designed to work on iOS 9 and 10. It uses very little processing power while still creating high quality gameplay videos. You can record up to 1080p at 60 frames per second with this app, available on both iPhone and iPad.
AirShou is the only actual app on this list that records video right on your phone without requiring you to link your phone up to a PC. It is still a bit buggy, as it is in its early stages of development. Apple does a good job of locking down features that they don't want added by third party apps, so mirroring your iPhone gameplay footage is, for now, the best way to record and share gameplay. But as technology continues to develop, it is certain that there will eventually be more options for iPhone gameplay recording.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>