Top 10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
There are tons of game recording tools available in the market, including paid and free. You don’t need to buy any kind of special equipment, just have an updated PC and download the software to start recording gameplay. Below is the list of best game recording software, you can compare and choose the best one for you. Also see: Top 10 Best Free Game Recorder
Best Game Recording Software for Windows
OBS is popular open source type software available for free that can be used by professionals as well as beginners. It's simple and intuitive controls assist users in impressive video recording along with live streaming feature. You can easily download this software on your Linux, Mac as well as Window system as it is made compatible to all these top platforms. Some of the incredible features of this software are:
- The high performance type real time audio and video recording as well as mixing ability.
- Users can have control over each and every transition and for customization they can also apply color correction, image masking and color keying.
- There are few intuitive audio mixers as well as filters that assist in fast filtration of noise, it can improve gain while suppressing the unwanted signal elements.
- All the user configurations are advanced where resource properties can be adjusted effortlessly.
- You can enjoy dark as well as bright themes as per need of situation in your footage.
- Professionals rate this as best game recording software for Window users.
Don't miss: Open Broadcaster Software Review
In case if you are working on applications like OpenGL and DirectX etc. then it is much better to use Dxtory software program. This tool is well known for its very high speed processing that is because of its ability to acquire all data elements directly into surface memory buffer. Below are few advanced features of Dxtroy:
- The Dxtroy codec is capable enough to record the original pixel data so that all videos can have much impressive quality with lossless footage.
- It follows the distribution writing technique for neglecting the major bottleneck of high bit rate systems. Users need not to use any specific file system rather they simply make multiple selections for the data containing folder and fast results are obtained with proper speed settings.
- With Dxtroy, you can enjoy recording from multiple audio sources at a time. all these audio signals are saved inside an AVI file in form of independent type stream that can be edited later in individual manner.
- This software also extends its support to VFW codec.
- You can easily save screenshots in various desirable formats.
Action helps game lovers to enjoy breathtaking video recording scenes on their gaming platform with Window systems. All videos use to have stunning HD quality and it also allows players to stream their game play, record music, add web player videos and capture screen shots time to time. Below are few amazing features of Action:
- It serves users with real time outstanding HD game play video capturing abilities. It is possible to display current as well as average frame rate on videos at the time of recording so that benchmark results can be easily recorded.
- Action is capable enough to generate easy to follow and smooth tutorials. You can also add additional instructions to tutorials via external microphone connectivity.
- It comes with very stylish but user friendly interface so that all controls can be easily managed by beginners as well as professionals.
- Live streaming services are also available on Action platform. Once you are finished with your game recording and footage is ready to impress your friends over internet then you can directly stream your videos from Action to Aliez, Ustream, Facebook, Hitbox and YouTube etc.
- All recorded game videos can be exported easily in different popular file formats.
You may also like: Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
Here is a light weight but intuitive screen recorder for gamers that help in easy desktop screen recording with high quality results. Users can also make selections for recording a specific portion of their desktop screen to create impressive tutorials. Some of the most popular features of Bandicam are:
- Bandicam game capture tool is capable enough to record game play same as that of Fraps or some professionals rate it even better than fraps.
- The video file size use to be smaller in case of Bandicam as compared to all other competitive software.
- Users can enjoy recording even for 24 hours continuously, it can be also done with the help of auto complete recording facility.
- This software program allows recording videos with 4K Ultra HD type resolution where file size goes up to 3840 X 2160.
- It serves videos with efficient and fast processing and professionals have observed lesser lag on this platform as compared to other softwares.
- Stills are supported with JPEG, PNG and BMP file formats whereas the video files are supported with MP4 and AVI extension.
- You can record games directly, go for webcam recording, use HDMI connectivity for recording or can have PC screen control directly.
Read also: Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
It is well recognized as a universal application for Window platforms where users can record impressive game play videos with the help of OpenGL and DirectX graphic technology. The latest version of fraps possess so many incredible features that make game recording much easier and that is why it is one of the most loved tool of professionals. Few outstanding features are:
- It helps users to get complete information about frame per second while recording game videos.
- The screenshots can be captured instantly without making much effort and you need not to open a new program every time when you have to capture screen. They are also named automatically and saved with time tag.
- It is a kind of real time advanced recording software that can capture audio as well as video with breathtaking quality. Tutorials created with Fraps are more popular in gaming world as here frame rates can be also customized in the range from 1 to 120 fps.
- All recorded movies are believed to have stunning quality and it extends support to all popular file formats for videos.
- The user interface is intuitive and simple enough that makes everything easier to control for users.
Read next: Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
Best Games Recording Software for Mac
Here is advanced game recording software for Mac platform that possess screen casting application along with video editing function. With the help of the latest tool, gem lovers can record anything from their system screen ranging from iSight camera to the additional audio from Microphone. The best thing to know is that it can also monitor all mouse movements as well as the keystrokes. Once your recorded operation is completed then it is also possible to edit videos and further they can be directly shared to social media platforms like Wistia, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Drive as well as on Dropbox. Even with all these impressive features, the sad thing to know is that this application use to hang during heavy game recording processes. The other drawback is its limited support to output video file formats. But if we talk about editing then Sceenflow offers advanced editing interface where you can easily add external images, music, text, transitions, animations etc to make your videos look more professional and interactive.
This Apple supported recording tool can be used to capture everything that happens over computer screen as well as at a specific portion of your screen. Users can also add active narrations to all these videos with ease. Some of the best facilities offered by QuickTime player are: record, play, edit as well as share audio as well as video files immediately on MAC platform. Below are few stunning features of QuickTime Player:
- It possesses all advanced video playback controls like adjust volume, fast forward, rewind, pause, play and many more.
- The videos can be easily recorded over iPod, iPad and iPhone like devices and audio is captured from external microphones.
- Some advanced editing features are also supported like flip, rotate, delete, paste, copy, cut, split and trim etc.
- It is possible to share videos directly on social media platforms like YouTube, AirDrop or via messages or Emails.
- The customer support services are very impressive and they use to serve users with 24 hours active support.
- The whole software unit is designed with very interactive interface that can be easily controlled by professionals as well as beginners.
- It also allows users to stream videos directly to apple TV.
Mac platform compatible software tool is capable enough to initiate smooth fluid motion type recording at 30 fps frame rate. The videos as well as audios can be recorded at the same time so that impressive tutorials can be created. The best part to know is that this software also assists in following the keyboard commands whereas mouse highlights can be also utilized to make easy to understand video tutorials. On the downside, this tool do not possess any special setting for outputs whereas if you try recording with the trial version then the software will leave its watermark all over the video footage. This could be quite annoying for professionals but incase if you are still a learner then this trial version can also assist you in so many tricks. Some of the impressive features of ScreenFlick are:
- It possess a user friendly well streamlined interface that works impressively with mouse clicks and key presses. Those who wish to create training videos for recently launched games can enjoy best support with this software tool.
- Its one click type audio recording facility is much impressive where everything can be captured from microphones so easily. You simply need to click over one checkbox to include external voice into your videos.
One more interesting user program for game recording is Camtasia Studio that supports Mac platform with intuitive control features. It offers very smooth and light screen recording where videos can be later modified with addition of music and photos. You can take benefits from multi track type timeline to have easy video recording facility where few additional virtual effects include drawing tools and video blur abilities. Professionals say that it is a nice and easy to use game recording tool. The full version of this software is available from its official website with the payment of $299 only. The downside is that few users report crashing issues on heavy gaming platforms. Few additional features of Camtasia Studio are:
- Record whole screen of PC with higher resolution.
- Projects and files can be easily managed with advanced controls.
- It also possesses Pan and Zoom features so that your videos can have much better information for viewers.
- Basic video editing is available and users can easily animate the visual properties to create interactive results.
- Videos can be directly shared to various popular platforms on internet.
Here is professional software for you that possess all advanced recording functions like smart task scheduler, power video converter and many more. While using this software program over Mac devices, gamers can enjoy fast screen casting features that works on whole screen of system as well as on customized locations of screen. If you need simple web camera recording then also Apowersoft platform can assist you with easy settings. The best thing to know about this game recording software tool is its picture in picture recording ability that works with webcam and generate breathtaking:
- It can record as much screen activities on Mac platform.
- Users can record screen with audio input.
- Webcam videos can be also recorded.
- The best part is its real time editing feature that works even at the time of recording.
- The output HD videos can be directly uploaded to YouTube from Apowersoft platform.
- You will be glad to know that this software can also schedule various recording tasks.
- The supported file formats are: MKV, FLV, SWF, AVI and MP4 etc.
- The built in type video converter help to convert file formats to all supported ones but the software itself use to save all details in MOV file format.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4