- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4
How to Record Gameplay on PC
With changing technologies now players love to share their gaming experiences online and for this they often need some broadcast software tools. You can also avail so many easy game tutorials over YouTube and sometimes few engaging stories about gameplay. However, some may wonder how they could record their gameplay. In this case, you can check the solutions from below.
Make Use of OBS
One of the best solutions to complete this task is Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) that is available for free to all users. It can be easily downloaded from internet and once you have installed this software then you need to login over Twitch.
Here's how to set it up for local recordings, start at the recommended crf 15, and lower the number for higher quality and higher file size recordings, or raise it for slightly lower quality and smaller file sizes.
Create Setup for recording:
Step 1.Go to the settings first, right-click in the Sources box, point to Add, and select Game Capture.
Step 2.Select the application window you want to capture and click OK. You can change these options later, just right-click the game capture source in your Sources list and select Properties.
Step 3.Now click the setting button.
Step 4.Set FPS, video quality, audio and so on. Click ok.
Step 5.Now to capture your game.
Find white areas of the scene and right click there, select add scene option and then rename it with name of your game. Then start your game and go to sources and right click, choose your capture window or desktop.
You may also like: Open Broadcaster Software Review .
Also read: PlayClaw Game Recorder Review .
If you want to use a webcam:
- Choose the video capture device from sources by right clicking on it.
- Select your webcam and hit Okay
- Choose the preview stream.
- In the source list, select video capture and then move to order, select "move to top".
- Hit edit scene button finally.
Other then this you can easily find many software tools for game recording. Some of these are Fraps , XsplitGamecaster , Bandicam , Action and ShadowPlay , etc. Out of all these Fraps is the oldest software program with various customizable recording options and it use to have low impact on system performance. On the other side the second popular option is ShadowPlay that works especially for Nvidia graphic cards. As ShadowPlay software is directly built inside the Nvidia Cards so users can find its little impact on overall performance.
Use Capture Card
If you want to record game play on PC then Elgato Capture Card HD can serve you like most useful solution. You have attach Elgato capture card HD to the PC on which you want to record your game and it can be done with the help of HDMI input. In order to initiate your recording process you can follow these steps:
Step 1.Connect output of your PC to Elgato Game Capture HD via HDMI input.
Step 2.Prefer to use USB 2.0 cable for making connection from Elgato Game Capture HD to PC.
Step 3.Now visit the display settings of your personal computer and adjust the screen resolution by simply right clicking on the desktop. It can usually serve you with 720p or in few systems you can set resolution up to 1080p.
Step 4.You will find an option for multiple displays where you have to choose "Duplicate These Displays" option to run the recording perfectly.
Step 5.Finally hit OK.
With a delay of few seconds, the recording will start on your PC and everything will be directly moved the Elgato Game Capture HD. After processing, this signal will come back to PC again and will be saved in its internal storage.
Some of the best game capture cards available these days are: Elgato HD 60, AVerMediaAVerCapture HD, Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition, Roxio Game Capture HD Pro etc. some of these are external capture cards whereas few latest ones are designed to work as internal cards. These cards allow users to enjoy easy streaming and sharing of videos with much better performance. Manufacturers have developed these units with handy features and they are capable enough to meet the specific video editing requirements of professionals as well as beginners. Users can customize their screen resolution before recording and most of these devices are designed to capture videos without causing any compression to the details hence quality is well maintained but the sad part is that it also leads to big file size.
Besides the built-in effects, filters and overlays in Filmora video editor, there are some more gaming effects packs and sets on the Wondershare Effects Store.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>