How to Record Game Chat
When you are playing your favourite game it’s not uncommon to chat with other players. With the internet you can play against and communicate with people all over the world but one issue that people that like to record and stream their gaming videos is being able to record game chat. This can make videos more entertaining or explanatory and your viewers will understand how the chat correlates to the game and the actions you take. The Elgato capture card can record game chat and you don’t need to be a tech whiz to use it. Just in case you need a little help read on for instructions of how to record game chat.
Before starting to record your game chat you will need:
- Elgato capture card
- Elgato gaming chat link
- A headset
This method will work to record with the PS4, Xbox One. If you are using one of the earlier generations you may need to get a headset adaptor to record game chat.
How to Record PS4 Game Chat
Watch this video on how to record PS4 game chat:
Here's the steps:
Step 1: Connet microphone and headset to PS4 controller.
Step 2: Plug the RCA cable to the Audio input from the component adapter.
Step 3: Connect your additional Mic to the PC.
To set up the game capture software you will need to:
Step 1: Select settings for the device, this looks like a hammer/wrench icon and is located to the right of the screen
Step 2: Select audio input which you can find underneath the tab"Capture"
Step 3: Select the audio input and change it from audio to HDMI audio
Step 4: Start to record your game chat.
How to Record Xbox One Game Chat
Before to start to record Xbox One game chat you will need:
- The Microsoft Stereo Headset adapter
- A CTIA Y-Cable and a stereo Y-Cable
- A 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo audio cable
- A Headset
- A 2nd Mic to capture your voice for the recording with the Elgato Game Capture HD.
Step 1: Connect Headset and Micphone to your wireless controller.
Step 2:Then, plug the other end of the 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo audio cable into the Analog Audio In port on the Elgato Game Capture HD60.
Step 3: Connect your additional Mic to the PC to start to record game chat.
This will allow you to record the voices of all of the people playing as well as gameplay audio. To record your voice you will need to have a separate microphone that is connected to the recording computer/laptop.
How to Record PC Game Chat
Step 1: Set up your Elgato Gaming hardware with your console of choice.
Step 2: Set Skype up for Elgato Sound Capture.
Step 3: Open Elgato Game Capture HD software.
Step 4: Open Elgato Sound Capture.
Step 5: In Elgato Sound Capture, select “Team Chat” from the Top Nav Bar.
Step 6: Under settings, click the drop down box, “What’s your microphone for chat?” and select your preferred audio input.
Step 7: Under settings, click the drop down box, “Where do you want to hear your friends’ voices?” and select your preferred audio output.
Step 8: Close Elgato Sound Capture.
Now, if you fire up your team chat client, such as Skype, you should be able to hear it in your speakers or headset, as well as see the volume levels move in Elgato Game Capture HD software, indicating that music is being fed into your recording or stream.
To adjust the volume to the preferred level you can use the volume dial. To use move it in a circular arc, take note of the white dots as the more you have the louder your voice.
Take note, you can automatically reduce your games sound by using the tools button in the commentary section.
When you record your voice will automatically be in the gameplay alongside the game audio.
Live streaming allows you to record your voice as you play so your viewers can hear and see in real time.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Game Recorder
- 1. Game Capture Cards
- 1.1 A Complete Introduction to the Capture Card
- 1.2 The Best Game Capture Cards
- 1.3 Elgato Game Capture HD Review
- 1.4 Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Review
- 1.5 Razer Ripsaw Review: What’s So Special about the Razer Ripsaw?
- 1.6 Roxio Game Capture Card HD Pro Review
- 1.7 Best Elgato Capture Card: Which one should you Choose?
- 1.8 Best Game Capture Cards for Xbox one
- 1.9 Katsukity Nintendo 3DS Capture Card Review
- 2. Game Recorders +
- 2.1 Top10 Best Game Recorders for PC (Free and Paid)
- 2.2 Free Game Recording Software
- 2.3 Action! Review: Best Gaming & Desktop Recorder
- 2.4 Open Broadcaster Software Review
- 2.5 Game Recording Software Bandicam Review 2017
- 2.6 Fraps Review: Best Game recording software
- 2.7 Between OBS and Action, Which One is Better Game Recording Software?
- 2.8 Which is the best game recorder? Fraps, Bandicam and Camstasia Comparison
- 2.9 Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 2.10 The best Alternatives to Action!
- 2.11 Top 5 Best Game Recording Apps for Android
- 2.12 Best Game Recorder for iPhone
- 2.13 LoiLo Game Recorder Review
- 2.14 PlayClaw Game Recorder Review
- 2.15 Fraps Alternatives and Similar Software
- 2.16 Best Bandicam Alternative for Windows and Mac
- 3. How to/Tips +
- 3.1 How to Record PC Gamelay Using Elgato Capture Card
- 3.2 How to Capture Gameplay From Xbox One or Xbox 360
- 3.3 How to Record Game Play on PC
- 3.4 How to Record PS4 Game Play Without Capture Card
- 3.5 How to Record and Share Xbox One Gameplay on Youtube
- 3.6 How to Record Gameplay on iPhone without Jailbreak
- 3.7 How to Record Audio for Gameplay on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Recording Gameplay on Android
- 3.9 How to Record Audio With A Mic For Gameplay Commentary
- 3.10 How to Share Gameplay to YouTube and Facebook
- 3.11 How to Stream Gameplay on Twitch
- 3.12 How to record gameplay on 1080p 60fps
- 3.13 How to record game chat
- 3.14 How to Record Gameplay Audio and Commentary at the Same Time
- 3.15 How to Record Gameplay Video Without Capture Card
- 3.16 How to record low file size and high quality gameplay videos
- 3.17 How to use Flashback recording in Elgato game capture HD
- 3.18 How to edit gameplay videos
- 3.19 How to add a watermark to your gameplay
- 3.20 How to add Special Effects to Gameplay Video
- 3.21 How to Edit Gameplay Videos on PS4