Top 10 Best Drones with Camera for Filming and Photography
From last few years, drones (quadcopters) with pre-installed cameras are becoming more and more popular. You might also want a multi-rotor type drone to capture breathtaking footage of sites like waterfalls and risky situations like disaster surveys. We spent 25 hours of research and comparison, and rounded up the top 10 best drones with camera on the market. Read on the guide to know more.
Top 10 Best Drones with Camera:
You will be glad to know that there are many compact drone units that possess great camera units and are able to capture amazing stills as well as videos. The list below will help you to collect information about some of the best entry level, mini and advanced drone units.
Check this comparison able and click the name to see the detailed info directly
|Entry level drone with cameras||Wingsland S6 RC Drone||$550||4k|
|UDI U818A-1||$57.80||2MP, 720p|
|JJRC H16 TARANTULA X6||$105.30||5MP|
|KAIDENG K70C SKY WARRIOR||$119.99||HD 2MP 720p|
|PARROT AR.DRONE 2.0 ELITE||$175||720p|
|Best 4k choices for filming||DJI Inspire 4K||$4,199||4K|
|DJI Mavic Pro||$999||4K|
|DJI Phantom 3 Professional||$799||4K|
|Yuneec Typhoon H||$1,299||4k|
|Yuneec Q500 4K||$1,449||4K|
Section 1: Mini Drones with Camera:
1. Wingsland S6 RC Drone:
- Video Resolution: 4k at 30 fps and 1080p at 60fps.
- Electronic Image Stabilization: 3 Axis type.
- Maximum flight time: It offers maximum flight time of 10 Minutes.
- Maximum range: 100 meters only.
- Price Range: $550 only.
Wingsland S6 RC Drone is designed with 13MP camera unit that can record impressive stable footage with its 3 axis advanced electronic image stabilization feature. Its camera offers so many interesting features like flight path settings, auto following, time lapse recording, slow motion footage and panning etc.
2. UDI U818A-1:
- Flight Time: 4 to 6 minutes only.
- Camera: 2MP HD
- Range: 30 meters
- Gyro: up to 6 axes.
- Price Range: $57.80 only.
Here is a low cost type specially designed quad copter that can provide stunning image quality with its 6 axis type gyro feature. UDI is rated as one of the most useful drone with 2MP resolution at cheaper price range. It comes with a 2.4GHz radio controller and you can enjoy aerial recording with HD quality results. This device is most suitable for beginners due to its small price range and impressive video quality. The supported video resolution goes up to 720MP whereas 6 axis type gyro support results impressive shoot.
3. JJRC H16 TARANTULA X6:
- Camera: 5MP
- Flight Time: up to 8 minutes.
- Gyro Support: 6 axis type.
- Control Range: 100 to 300 meters.
- Price Range: $105.30 only.
It is well known as a powerful big sized quad copter that can easily lift all compact action cameras. Users can adjust this device into Hyper IOC orientation mode and its flights can be adjusted to different speed limits with 40%, 60% and 100% rating. JJRC contains a powerful battery with its 2200mAh rating and LED indicators help users with easy monitoring.
4. KAIDENG K70C SKY WARRIOR:
- Flight Time: 10 minutes only.
- Camera: HD with 2MP ability and 720p resolution supported at wide angles.
- Maximum Range: 150 to 200 meters.
- Gyro: Six axis type.
- Price Range: $119.99 only.
Here is a robust and powerful drone design for your GoPro action camera shooting needs. This low cost device is most suitable for videography and photography where LED lights assist with easy navigation on night flights. Some of the most popular features of Sky Worrier are its headless mode, LED arms, Motorized Gimbal and One Key Return function. Sky Worrier is gaining more and more popularity among action camera shooters due to its wide angle focus that can capture better details on ground from air.
5. PARROT AR.DRONE 2.0 ELTE:
- Flight Time: It can stay in air up to 10 minutes.
- Maximum range: 30 meters.
- Gyro: supported 6 axis.
- Camera: Built in HD with 720P resolution.
- Price Range: $175 only.
Parrot AR is designed with robust protective frame and it can record videos with 720p resolution with rich gyro support. Some of its most interesting features include ARM Cortex A8 Processor with 1GHz 32 bit rating. It possesses ultrasound sensors and the return to home feature is also added. Users can control their drone from smartphone or tablet with the help of drone application.
Section 2: 5 Best 4K Choices for Filming and Photography:
1. DJI Inspire 4K:
- Video Resolution: 4K at 30 FPS
- Camera Resolution: 12MP
- Flight Time: 18 Minutes.
- Max Speed: 49 mph (22 m/s) in ATTI mode.
- Notable Attributes: Multiple Zenmuse Camera Systems and Dual-Operator Mode.
- Price Range: $4,199 only.
DJI Inspire offers 4K recording ability with its advanced 3 axis stabilization gimbal. Users will be able to enjoy live HD video with this device and its sleek appearance with aerodynamic airframe improves on air performance. It can be easily accessed via mobile phones using application based controls. The price range is quite high hence this device is advised for professionals only. DJI inspire holds all new features to assist users with efficient flight monitoring and recording.
2. DJI Mavic Pro:
- Camera resolution: 12MP.
- Maximum flight Time: 27 Minutes only.
- Video Resolution: 4K with 30 fps.
- Price Range: $999 only.
This device was launched in 2016 but it gained attention from large user base due to its advanced aerial media system that serves professionals with impressive results. DJI Mavic is designed with 3 axis type Gimbal Stabilization feature and it can record 4K as well as Full HD videos. Its advanced navigation system can easy adjust between changing environments.
3. DJI Phantom 3 Professional:
- Video: 4K resolution at 30fps.
- Camera: 12MP
- Flight Time: 22 to 25 minutes.
- Price Range: $799 only.
DJI Phantom 3 Pro is well equipped with so many interesting features that make in air footage coverage an easier task. It can be easily controlled from Android as well as iOS devices and inbuilt GPS sensor makes navigation task more interesting. Vision positioning system is also added to support impressive indoor recording. Users will be able to capture 12MP stills using DJI 3 pro and everything can be saved inside a 16GM microSD Card.
4. Yuneec Typhoon H:
- Video Resolution: 4K with 30fps.
- Camera: 12.4 MP.
- Flight Time: 25 Minutes.
- Price Range: $1,299 only.
Yuneec typhoon H offers amazing flight experience with its in built GPS function and ultra sonic type collision prevention system. You will love to enjoy recording with its 8 smart in air modes, auto take off, auto land and auto return to home feature. The lightweight and compact size of camera makes it suitable for transportation. Yuneec Typhoon H is designed with 3 axis type advanced Gimbal Pans that cover 360 degree results.
5. Yuneec Q500 4K:
- Video Resolution: 4K with 30fps and 1080p with 120fps.
- Camera Stills: 12MP.
- Flight Time: 25 Minutes.
- Price Range: $1,499 only.
This device supports three flight modes as Home Mode, Angle Mode and Smart Mode to serve users with customized results. You will enjoy to record crystal clear videos with its 3 Axis Gimbal that stabilized aerial videos as well as stills. The MicroSD card support is extended up to 128 GB. It's built in GPS capabilities assist in faster navigation during flights and users can also control this device from their iOS or Android device using dedicated application.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Ultimate Drone Guide
- What Is a Drone
- 1. What is a drone
- 2. Drone Applications
- 3. Types of drones
- Buying Guide+
- 1. Complete buying guide
- 2. Drones for sale
- 3. For beginners
- 4. 5 best Toy Drones
- 5. Best 5 Professional drones
- 6. Top 5 best FPV racing drones
- 7. Top 10 longest flight time dones
- 8. Top 10 Heavy Lift Drones 2017
- 9. Top 10 Hexacopter Dones
- 10. Best 10 Mini Drones
- 11. Top 10 camera drones
- 12. Best 10 FPV Goggles
- 13. Best Drones for GoPro
- 14. Best Drones under $100
- 15. Best Drones under $500
- 16. Best 5 VR Headsets for drones
- 17. Top 10 GPS drones that follow you
- Reviews for DJI+
- 1. DJI Phantom 4
- 2. DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- 3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
- 4. DJI Phantom 2
- 5. DJI Mavic Pro
- 6. DJI Inspire 2
- 7. DJI inspire 1
- Reviews for other brands+
- 1. Micro Drone 3.0
- 2. Parrot Bebop 2
- 3. Parrot ar drone 2.0 elite edition
- 4. Parrot Mambo
- 5. 3DR SOLO
- 6. Hubsan X4 H107C
- 7. Hubsan H501S X4
- 8. YUNEEC Q500 4K
- 9. YUNEEC Typhoon H
- 10. UDI U818A
- 11. Cheerson CX 20
- 12. Walkera f210
- 13. Blade Chroma
- 14. GoPro Karma
- 15. Air hogs Millennium Falcon
- 16. Syma X5C
- 17. Syma X8C
- 18. Syma X8W
- 19. Eachine Racer 250
- 1. 10 must-have accessories
- 2. Phantom 4 Accessories
- 3. Best batteries
- 4. How to expand battery life
- 5. Best motors
- 6. Frames buying guide
- 7. FPV Drone Propellers
- 8. How to choose camera gimbal
- 9. Best camera gimbals for drone
- 10. Building a drone VS buying one
- Editing Tips+