Hitbox Vs Twitch: Which is Better?
May 19, 2023• Proven solutions
About Hitbox and Twitch
It was launched in 2013 but still working like a big competitor to Twitch platform. With so many incredible features, Hitbox appears like a superior streaming place but it still lakes in number of active users. HItbox appears easier to beginners as well as professionals and there are lots of tools inside to explore. Users can prefer to check tutorials to get complete idea about its capabilities.
- It offers 4K recording at 60fps frame rate.
- Consists of so many advanced editing tools.
Twitch was launched as an offshoot to Justin.tv that used to work like a general purpose streaming platform in earlier days. Twitch was designed by keeping major focus on gaming community and that is why it became too much popular in market within very less time. Other than this, Twitch can also be used for broadcasting of various live events.
- Big size and fast growing community.
- Offers high returns over established channels.
- Offers 1080p resolution level with 60fps frame rate.
Comparison between Twitch and Hitbox
When we talk about a streaming platform then user base matters a lot; hitbox offers great services but its community is 1/10th as that of Twitch and it causes restriction over growth. If you are a real streamer then you may need a platform that offers fast growth to your career but Hitbox demand more time from your side.
Hitbox also offers a lower entry level partnership program as compared to Twitch and its added benefits are somewhere same as that of Twitch platform such as monthly subscriptions, transcoding facilities and custom emotes.
On the other side, if we talk about technology then Hitbox is far better than Twitch because it supports HTML instead of working with flash like Twitch. Also, Hitbox does not demand IRC for its chat facility.
Pros and Cons
Pros or Hitbox:
- 1. It works on HTML platform whereas Twitch does not support HTML.
- 2. Due to small size community it is easier to boost interactions and get noticed with your activities over channel.
- 3. It allows returns without counting status of partner. Users can try ad streaming and subscriptions etc to get faster returns. Simply the fastest solution for making money.
Cons of Hitbox:
- Small community will not help you to grow like a creator.
Pros of Twitch:
- 1. If we talk about size of user base then Twitch is simply the largest and fastest growing community.
- 2. Users can easily find huge audience over this network due to its big size.
- 3. It offers much higher average revenue as compared to YTG and Hitbox.
- 4. Works with most modern and powerful chat system.
Cons of Twitch:
- 1. Although, this is a big community but still beginners need to spend long time to get noticed over here.
- 2. It is little difficult to start income generation with Twitch because you will not get anything till the time you won’t reach up to your partner’s status.
- 3. It works with limited bitrates that does not allow streaming above 1080p and 60 fps.
- 4. Compatible with flash.
Alternative to Hitbox and Twitch
Beam is well known for its sleek design and handy features. Beginners find it much easier to explore as its processing appears smooth like butter. The interface is developed with easy to navigate, organize and process abilities so that even novice streamers can operate it easily.
- 1. It offers 1080p resolution at 60fps frame rate
- 2. Extends support to HTML while keeps flash as a backup; thus it makes transcoding facility available for all users.
- 3. Streamers that work with Beam usually face no delays in their streaming process, it will hardly go below 1 second hence your streaming works with highly smooth results and viewers love to stay connected all the time.
- 4. The best part is that it saves your content as VOD but it cannot be exported directly to YouTube.
- 5. Users can access numerous third part tools over this platform and it appears highly flexible to Hitbox and Twitch users.
- 6. The monetization facility needs support from beam partners and it includes channel subscriptions as well as mid roll type advertisements.
- 7. Size of audience is growing at faster pace and is about to catch HitBox and Twitch in coming future.
YouTube gaming platform is an integral part of YouTube but it is more focused on gaming community. It offers so many advanced streaming tools and assists gamers to share their content easily.
- 1. It offers YouTube integration that means whatever you post in this platform it will naturally be available in YouTube hence more number of viewers can be focussed.
- 2. YouTube Gaming is simply best for catching your pre-existing powerful YouTube audience as it will help you in faster growth.
- 3. Whenever people subscribe to your channel they will be able to get immediate notification when you start your game streaming.
- 4. Same as Hitbox, it supports HTML platform and avoids Flash.
- 5. The best part is its ability to serve with 4K resolution level at 60fps frame rate.
- 6. It is much easier to create money using YouTube Gaming; all that you need to do is become a partner with YouTube. It will help you to grab money through ad hosting as well as via sponsorships.