5 Things You Should Know When Using TikTok Web on Mac
Sep 28, 2021• Proven solutions
Android and iOS users can utilize TikTok fully but what if you have Mac? The good news for you is that Tiktok on Mac is available. Many users know they can access TikTok Web from Mac so we are here to answer any questions that you might have.
TikTok is an exciting and entertaining platform that will allow you to connect to people globally. Apart from using the app on your phone, you can use the website on Mac to see videos and even upload your own. In this article, we will show you the most frequent tips you should know when using the TikTok Web on Mac.
- How to Use TikTok on Mac?
- What Should You Do if TikTok Web Stops Functioning Properly?
- How Can You Find Someone on TikTok Web?
- Can You use TikTok Live on Mac?
- How to Upload Videos on TikTok Web from Mac?
Pointers for Using TikTok on Mac
Are you finding it impossible to find information about using TikTok on Mac and are near to giving up? Do not despair just yet because we have gathered most of the information for you.
1. How to Use TikTok on Mac?
You can use TikTok on your Mac through the official website of TikTok.
- Open your web browser and go to the official website where you will need to log in.
- You will find the Log in button on the top right of the window.
- Once you have entered your login details, you will be able to enjoy the platform.
We would like to add that when you are using TikTok on your Mac, you can upload already edited videos without any trouble. There is not one specified Tiktok video editing software available but you can utilize Wondershare Filmora for Mac as that seems to be the top choice among users these days.
2. What Should You Do if TikTok Web Stops Functioning Properly?
The technology behind TikTok is pretty much flawless. If the website is not working, then we would recommend:
- That you check your internet connection. A stable internet connection will give you the best user experience.
- If the website is still is not loading then go to the browser’s settings and clear out related caches and cookies.
If you are facing some other kind of problem then you can always directly contact the support team at TikTok.
- Go to your profile by clicking on Me.
- You will see Three dots which will take you to the option of Report a problem.
- You will be asked to look for the solution to your problem by looking into the existing suggested topics.
- If your issue is not listed there then click on No when asked: “if your problem has been resolved”. The company will contact you shortly afterward to solve your matter.
3. How Can You Find Someone on TikTok Web?
The process of finding your friend or someone else on the TikTok website is not all that difficult. The creators of the platform have tried their best to make the interface user-friendly. If you know the user ID then:
- Tap on the Discover (Magnifying glass icon) which will take you to a search bar.
- Simply type the user ID in there and you see the individual’s account listed.
- Simply go to the account and follow/view the profile.
If you are unaware of the username then there is one more method:
- Go to the section “find Facebook friends” on the website.
- If the friend that you are looking for also uses Facebook then you would be able to find and connect with them easily.
4. Can You use TikTok Live on Mac?
Unfortunately, you cannot go live from your Mac on TikTok. As of now, TikTok has not allowed users to record videos or go live from the webcam of their computer. Whilst you cannot use your Mac to go live, you can always do it from your smartphone or tablet.
5. How to Upload Videos on TikTok Web from Mac?
The process of uploading a video on your profile using the website TikTok is fairly easy even if you are using a Mac.
- Once you log into your account on the website, you will see a Cloud shape with an arrow pointing downward.
- After you click on it, you will be asked to upload a video. We would advise you to be clever and upload an edited video (you can use Filmora Video Editor for editing). Make sure that the resolution of the video is more than 720p and the duration should be between 3-60 seconds.
- Next, you will input the caption of your video; make sure that it is eye-catching.
- To attract views, find the perfect cover for your video and choose it by dragging it onto the screen.
- After that, adjust the privacy settings according to your preference, it will determine who can and cannot view your content.
- Lastly, choose the Upload button and your video will be uploaded to your feed.
TikTok Web on Mac
You can enjoy almost every feature of TikTok on Mac but there are still some things that you cannot do. A few we have mentioned above but did you know that you will need to use Wondershare Filmora for Mac or a similar video editing software if you wish to make any changes to your video?
TikTok has not yet allowed the editing of videos on their website. It might seem like a setback but it is not. You can use one of the best video editors for Tiktok web-like Filmora video editor to add in transitions, export, import, and do all other sorts of effects.
You May Also Like: How to Use TikTok on Mac and PC Computers?
You May Also Like: How to Clone Yourself on TikTok