15 Best Video to GIF App on iPhone and Android
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
In the last few years, GIF has taken the internet by storm and is present everywhere be it social media sites, messaging apps, blogs, or sites. Though there are several sites available from where you can download interesting GIFs, you can even create customized ones. Several apps for Android and iPhone are available using which the GIF can be created from video.
Using these apps, you can create good morning GIF video for WhatsApp , cute GIF, birthday GIF, and other.
Part 1 Top GIF Apps for iPhone
Check the below app to turn video into GIF on your iPhone.
This is a free app with IAP that allows creating a GIF from videos as well as photos.
Key features: :
● Create GIFs, boomerangs, and memes using videos and photos.
● Allows creating GIFs using live cameras.
● Using this iPhone video to GIF app, loop videos can also be created.
● Multiple GIF editing options like adding text, adding filters, adjusting frame speed, adding emojis, artwork, and more.
● Allows sharing created GIFs to Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and other sites.
● Free to use for the first 3 days after which a subscription of $9.99 has to be paid.
● Monthly and Lifetime subscriptions are available as well
02Video to GIF
Developed by Ngo Ngoc Chien this is a popular app for the iPhone that is free and comes with IAP.
● Allows creating a watermark-free GIF from the videos present on your phone.
● Videos can be recorded for creating a GIF.
● Option to use YouTube or any other online video for GIF creation.
● Comes with 15 image effect templates to create a GIF using photos.
● Additionally, live photos, as well as Burst photos can also be used for GIFs.
● Created GIFs can be shared to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Email, and other sites.
● Multiple editing options are supported like rotate, quality selection, reverse, and more.
● Option to save GIF as URL and also get URL of the created GIF.
With a 4.8 rating, this free app is designed by Eric Marschner and offers IAP as well.
Key features: :
● Allows creating a GIF from photos and videos present on your device.
● New images and videos can be captured for GIFs.
● GIFs can be imported from other sources and edited as needed.
● Multiple options for editing are supported like using filters, stickers, text, and more.
● Free app with a simple interface without any need for sign-ups.
● Allows sharing the created GIF as a file or as a link.
04Giffer Pro GIF Maker
With a 4 rating, this is a paid video to GIF converter app developed by Taber Buhl.
● Allows creating interesting GIFs in larger and longer sizes.
● GIFs can be created using live video, photos, videos, burst photos, and other GIF frames.
● Simple to use with support to advanced features like adjusting frames, speed, position, and others.
● Allows creating different types of GIFs like stop motion, wiggle, time-lapse, seamless loop, reaction, and many more.
● Share created GIFs to social media sites like Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and others.
● Option to export GIFs as live photos and videos.
● Support multiple in-app camera modes, playback modes, and sharing options
Designed for iPhone and iPad, this is a paid app by Priime, Inc supporting multiple features.
● Using this iOS app, Live Photos can be converted to videos and GIFs.
● Simple and intuitive interface without any complicated process.
● Allows sharing the created GIF to several sites like Twitter, iMessage, Facebook, and more.
● Compatible working with devices capable of taking Live Photos.
This is a paid app for iOS devices that comes with powerful features.
● GIFs can be created using photos, videos, animated PNG files, bursts images, live photos, and other media.
● Stickers and annotations can be added to the GIF.
● Support multiple editing options like rearranging the frames, controlling the speed, and more.
● Option to share the GIF through MMS, email, and also clipboard.
● GIF files can be saved to the device as a video or animated PNG.
Part 2 Top Apps for Android
Below listed are the top apps for Android devices.
This is a free video GIF maker app with a 4 rating that is simple to use.
● Allows creating loops of videos from camera, YouTube, Library, and other sources.
● Allows trimming the video to choose the desired part.
● HD quality coubs are created in different formats like horizontal, vertical, and others.
● Created coubs appear on the subscriber’s timeline and channel.
This is an easy-to-use app for Android devices to create GIFs.
● Allows creating GIFs by recording a video using an Android camera.
● GIFs can be created for up to 10 seconds or less.
● Allows editing GIFs.
● Created GIFs can be saved to the phone or can also be shared directly on social media sites.
● Lightweight app with user-friendly interface.
This Android-based app from Giphy allows creating interesting GIFs. The app is free to use.
● Create GIFs by recording videos using the Android camera.
● Support a wide range of editing tools like filters, text, special effects, and more.
● Intuitive interface that makes the process quick and simple.
● The created GIF animation can be saved to the system or can be shared with other apps as well.
With a 4.7 rating, this is a free and powerful app for creating interesting GIFs.
Key features: :
● Allows creating GIFs using the videos clips on your device or by recording a live video.
● Option to record the screen video and create a GIF.
● Multiple images can also be used for creating a GIF file.
● A wide range of editing functions are supported like trim, crop, resize, filters, emoji, and more.
● High-quality GIFs can be created supporting up to 400 images and 50fps.
● Additional features include GIF compression, GIF to video conversion, selecting GIF background, sharing GIF on social media sites, and more.
This app for Android devices is free to use and allows to quickly create GIFs.
● Allows creating high-resolution GIFs.
● GIFs can be created using the images and videos on your phone.
● Live video can also be recorded for creating GIFs.
● GIFs can be sent over email, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
● Allows adding music to GIF files.
Part 3 Top Apps for Android and iPhone
There are a number of apps that are available for both Android and iOS platforms. These apps can be downloaded from their respective app stores. The top ones are enlisted below.
01Gif Me! Camera
This app for Android and iOS devices supports the quick creation of GIF files.
● Allows creating GIFs using videos and images on the device.
● Option to add special effects, filters, and other elements.
● Option to import GIF from online services.
● Stop-motion, loop, time-lapse, and other animations can be created.
● Save the created GIF file to your device or share them over social media sites.
02Pixel Animator- GIF Maker
This Android and iOS-based app allow creating pixel-based GIF files.
● Create pixel-based GIFs and art using an existing image or a cartoon.
● Allows adjusting the picture frame.
● Multiple options for editing the GIF animations.
● Share the created pixel over different sites and platforms.
This is a free app with an IAP option available for download on Android and iOS devices.
● Simple to use app that can create GIFs from videos and images on the device.
● Support almost all popular media formats for creating GIF files.
● Allows creating GIFs using bursts, panoramas, as well as time-lapses.
● Facilitate creating photo collages as well.
● Simple and quick processing.
When it comes to searching or creating a GIF this is the most popular and widely used app available for both Android and iOS devices.
● Create GIFs by uploading videos or capturing one using the device camera.
● Allows creating stickers with custom face filters and text cartoons.
● Created stickers can be accessed from all GIPHY accessible places.
● Search from a huge library of GIFs and clips.
● Option to share GIF through email, Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, and other sites.
● Created animation can also be saved to the clipboard.
Part 4 Best Desktop Software To Create Customized Gif- Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
If you are looking for a desktop tool that can let you create customized GIFs using videos, Wondershare Filmora is the best choice. This software is available for download on Windows and Mac systems and supports creating a GIF from videos in all popular formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, and many others.
You can add filters, effects, and other elements to the GIF and can further customize them using features like trim, crop, and more.
The process of creating a GIF is simple and quick where you just need to add the video, edit them and choose to save them as a GIF file which can be used anywhere as needed.
● Key Takeaways from This Episode →
●A wide range of apps is available for creating GIFs using videos.
●These apps are available for Android, as well as iOS devices and can be selected based on your requirements and budget.
●Wondershare Filmora is an excellent desktop software for creating a GIF using videos.