Top 12 Video to GIF Converters [High Quality] to Check Out
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
GIFs are images with looping animations for a few seconds and are used a lot over social media sites and other online platforms. There are several sites from where you can download readymade GIFs.
Alternatively, there are countless tools using which customized GIFs can be created from videos. So, if you too are looking for video to GIF converter high quality keep reading.
Part 1 The Difference Between A Video And A Gif
A GIF is a lot in use these days over social media platforms, and other online sites. Standing for Graphics Interchange Format, a GIF is basically a looping animation or a video that has a sequence of frames or images.
Though a lot of people can consider a GIF as a short video, there are a few key differences between the two. The first one lies in the name extension. A GIF file is saved as .gif while a video can be saved into several formats like .mp4, .mov, and more.
A video contains visual information having good quality frames as well as sound while a GIF is a short animation that uses some specific information created from a sequence of frames. Moreover, a GIF does not have a sound and the size is also very small.
Part 2 Top 12 Video to GIF Converters
An array of online and desktop tools is available to convert video to GIF high quality. We have shortlisted the top ones as below.
If you are looking for software that lets you create an excellent GIF in a hassle-free manner, Wondershare Filmora is the best choice. This professional software comes with multiple editing and customization capabilities for creating a desired animated file. You can not only create GIFs, but perform a host of additional functions using the tool like video editing, music editing, and more. Once downloaded on your Windows or Mac systems, the software is all set to work as desired without any limitations.
● Support to almost all media formats for high quality video to GIF conversion.
● A wide range of editing and customization options are supported.
● Works as a complete video editing tool.
● Paid software
When it comes to GIFs, GIPHY is one of the most widely used tools. The tool allows you to create GIFs not only from the locally saved videos but also from YouTube, Vimeo, and other third-party platforms. There are multiple features for creating GIFs using this tool like selecting the length of the GIF, adding captions, text, frame of the GIF, and more. Not only videos, but the software also allows creating GIFs using multiple static photos.
● Create GIFs from local as well as online videos
● User-friendly interface
● Support to multiple platforms and OS
● The searching function is not very effective.
● Need to sign-up to use the tool.
03Adobe Creative Cloud Express
This is a free video conversion tool that allows creating a GIF from videos in an array of formats. The tool gives you the freedom to choose your GIF size option that includes square, portrait, and landscape. Additionally, you can also select the quality of the GIF. Tools for adjusting and editing several parameters of the GIF are also supported by the software.
● Allows creating GIFs in 3 size and multiple quality
● Created GIFs can be shared directly to social networking sites.
● Several editing options are available.
● Issues of lags and bugs occasionally
● There are no guides
This is a reliable and widely used video editing tool that supports multiple functions including video to GIF conversion. Several useful functions are supported by the software like batch file processing, easy and quick GIF creation, editing options, and more. The tool is available for multiple platforms as well as for different OS.
● Support to a wide range of formats
● Multiple editing options
● Available for different platforms and OS
● Need to purchase the software after the limited trial period expires.
● The rendering is slow.
As the name suggests this software is a GIF-making tool that not only converts your videos into a GIF but virtually anything like a collection of pictures, YouTube clips, Facebook clips, and much more. Using the tool you can add captions, stickers, and a lot of other filters to the created GIF. You can even adjust the speed of the GIF and also select the start and the stop time.
● Allows creating a GIF from videos, images, URLs, clips, and others.
● Multiple options for GIF customization are available.
● Offers a huge library of GIFs as well.
● The free version processes files with a watermark.
● The site has annoying ads.
06Freemore Video to GIF Converter
Using this software, videos can be converted into GIFs in a few simple steps. You can also select the frames and also adjust the height and the width of the frames as needed. All key video formats like MP4, MOV, MPEG, and others are supported by the tool. The interface of the tool is simple and the process of creating a GIF is fast.
● Free to use software
● Support to multiple video formats
● Allows selecting the exact frames and the width and height of the GIF.
● No support for Mac systems.
● Limited customization options as compared to other sites.
07VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate
Multiple options for creating a GIF are supported by this software that also lets you convert your videos as well as edit them. Using the editing options, you can choose a specific part of the clip, trim a longer video, or can also join multiple clips for creating a GIF. Using the software you can adjust the color grading, saturation, contrast, and other parameters. Also, you can add a picture or text to the GIF to make it look interesting.
● Support to a wide range of formats
● Multiple editing options.
● Fast processing speed.
● Locating features can be a complicated task.
This is a free online tool for creating GIFs and needs no software download or installation. Simple to use, the program allows adding videos in key formats like MP4, MOV, 3GP, and others for creating a GIF. Local video as well as its URL can be added. The tool allows to trim the unnecessary parts of the video and if not specified the GIF is created using the first 5 seconds of the file.
● Free to use online tool.
● Add local videos or online URLs for creating a GIF.
● Allows to trim and crop the added files.
● Internet dependency
● The maximum supported file size is 100MB.
09FlexClip GIF Maker
Using this browser-based tool, videos and images can be quickly converted to GIFs. All the popular media formats are supported by the tool for processing and the interface is user-friendly. Transitions and captions can also be added to GIFs to make them eye-catchy. Other customization options include adjusting the frame, speed, and other parameters.
● No software download or installation is needed.
● Support a wide range of formats.
● Multiple customization options are supported.
● Limitation to the video size that can be added.
● Dependency on internet connectivity.
This is a popular online tool that supports video conversion to an array of formats including GIF. Not only local, videos from Google Drive as well as Dropbox can also be added to the interface for processing. If you want a simple tool to create a GIF without much customization and editing, Convertio is the best. The processed files can be saved to the local device or cloud storage.
● Add videos from the local device, Google Drive, as well as Dropbox.
● Simple user-interface.
● Processed files can be downloaded and saved to the system as well as the cloud.
● The file size limitation of 100MB.
● No option to edit or choose any file specification.
For a free and quick conversion of videos to GIF, this is an excellent online tool to consider. The process is user-friendly where you just have to add the video or its link and choose GIF as the target format. The tool will automatically convert the added video to a GIF that can be downloaded to the system or can also be sent through an email.
● Free and simple to use the tool.
● Support to multiple video formats.
● Processed GIFs can be saved locally or the link can be sent through an email.
● Maximum file size support is 50MB.
● No option for selecting any file parameters.
Using this online tool, videos and images can be converted to a GIF file quickly. You can either add the media files from your system or also use their link. The tool supports multiple editing and customization options like selecting the size, trimming the video, selecting FPS, adding titles, rotating, and more. You can also save the template of the created file for future use.
● GIFs can be created from videos and images.
● Multiple file customization and editing options are supported.
● Multiple options to save, download, and share the created GIF.
● The file size limitation of 100MB.
● Internet dependency.
● Key Takeaways from This Episode →
●GIFs are a lot in use these days to express emotion, feelings, or a situation.
●There are several online as well as desktop tools available to convert video to GIF without losing quality.
●Wondershare Filmora is one of the best tools in the category that is simple yet functional and results in high-quality GIF files.