- •MKV editing
- Basic editing tips
- 1.1 How to Edit MKV Video Files
- 1.2 How to Crop MKV Files
- 1.3 How to Split/Cut/Trim MKV Files
- 1.4 How to Merge MKV Video Files without Gap
- 1.5 How to Resize MKV Files
- 1.6 How to Add Audio to MKV
- 1.7 How to Remove Audio from MKV
- MKV editing tools
- 2.1 Top 10 Best Free MKV Cutters
- 2.2 MKVtoolnix for Mac: An Easy Editing Application for All Mac Users
- 2.3 MKV video editors
- 2.4 MKV video editors for Mac
- 2.5 MKV video splitter for Win/Mac
5 Best MKV Splitter For Windows And Mac
MKV files are files designed specifically with the idea of providing you high definition content and they are offered in the Matroska format. This is a free, open multimedia format and it does bring in front the ability to deliver high resolution video without the restrictions that usually come from using other types of formats. Matroska on its own is similar to MP4 or AVI but it’s not covered by restrictive licenses or patents. There are dedicated players for this type of format or you can convert it or even use an MKV splitter to store it a lot easier.
You can acquire an MKV file by purchasing it online usually in the form of movie rentals/purchases, or you can transform it to this format depending on your needs.
Using an MKV splitter is a very good idea if you want to deal with music or movies, because it allows you to resize the length of the video, choose only the essential parts and also make it easier to store. Many times you have to use an MKV splitter just because it offers you a simpler way to share it online and the results are very good because of that.
On top of that, an MKV splitter focuses on offering a multitude of ways to combine video portions into something more interesting. You can create collages, custom Blu-Rays and so on, all with the help of a good MKV splitter.
Best MKV splitter for Win and Mac – Wondershare Filmora
Once you fully understand the need for an MKV splitter or joiner, you will need to figure out which one is best for you. Thankfully, there are quite a lot of options to choose from and each one comes with its own ups and downs. But which is the best MKV splitter for you to use? That would be Wondershare Filmora !
What makes Wondershare Filmora stand out when compared to other similar tools is the fact that not only does it offer an amazing quality and attention to detail, it also features an amazing experience for those that enjoy.
There are many features that help you if you choose to use Wondershare Filmora, as follows:
- Wondershare Filmora offers complete support for a multitude of formats that range from AVCHD to MOV, AVI, MP4 and MKV among many others. It acts as the perfect MKV splitter/joiner depending on your needs.
- You can use Wondershare Filmora as a stellar MKV splitter, cutter, joiner, trimmer and cropper. You will be amazed with the results so you should totally check it out..
- You can use a multitude of functions ranging from PIP to green screen, tilt shift, face off, jump cut and many others. All of these help you modify your experience and take it to new heights.
- Wondershare Filmora is an MKV splitter that offers great export support for most types of popular video formats and devices.
- You can upload the video to YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook, but you can also burn the content to DVD if you so desire.
You can check below tutorial about how to split videos with Filmora.
4 other MKV splitter recommendation
Avidemux delivers a wonderful experience and it’s free of charge. It’s not as good as other tools on the market and it’s not only an MKV splitter but it does support the format.
Pros:free of charge, supports multiple operating systems, it’s great to use, you can use it to join MKV.
Cons: it doesn’t offer native MKV support, lacks advanced coding features.
#2 Free Video Editor
This video editor is perfect if you want a fast video editing tool. It’s not filled with features and its interface is a little confusing at times but it works well.
Pros: offers a non-linear editor, conversion tools and it integrates DVD authoring.
Cons: it lacks native MKV support, splitting can take a lot of time depending on file size.
#3 Gilisoft Video Editor
Gilisoft Video Editor has a great interface and even though it lacks a set of good features, it does allow you to add in effects and watermarks.
Pros: a wide range of tools to use including effects, watermarks and subtitles, fast MKV splitter times.
Cons: not that easy to customize, the interface is basic and it’s not that customizable.
#4 SolveigMM Video Splitter
SolveigMM Video Splitter is one of the tools that offers a professional MKV splitter and it also helps you maintain the video quality. The cuts are accurate and you can barely notice them when you join files.
Pros: easy to use, a professional interface and no quality loss.
Cons: very basic.
As you can see, you can easily find a wide range of MKV splitter solutions. It all comes down to you to find the right one that suits your needs, but with enough care and attention to detail the results can easily pay off. Try out Wondershare Filmora and the other tools here then choose the one that suits your needs. Remember, using a proper MKV splitter like Wondershare Filmora can save you a lot of time so just keep that in mind and the outcome will be amazing!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>