Easily Split/Cut/Trim MKV Files in Windows/Mac
"How to split .mkv files without re-encoding ?? I mean the same exact quality as before. "-Pitorasilo
Want to split a large MKV file into multiple parts without losing video quality? If so, this article is just for you, introducing a powerful MKV splitting program which can help you to split MKV files with lossless quality. That's Wondershare Filmora (for Win and Mac). I bet you'll be impressed with its powerful function and excellent quality. Get the details about how to split MKV files below.
Easy-to-use MKV Splitter: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
- Cut MKV to any length without any quality loss.
- Split off any segment of your MKV videos.
- Real-time preview function enables you to very accurately cut off unwanted clips effortlessly.
- Save your MKV file in different formats, burn to DVD or directly upload online.
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 10 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
1. Import MKV files to this MKV splitter
Download and install this smart MKV video splitter. After running it, you can choose 16:9 or 4:3 ratio option to enter into the main interface of this MKV file splitter.
Then import your local MKV files to this app. You can click "Import" option to load MKV files or directly drag MKV files from the computer to album.
2. Split MKV files
Drag your wanted MKV file from the album to the Timeline. And then you have two methods to split the MKV file after you select it:
- 1. Drag the slider bar and the top of the red Indicator to move the Indicator to the exact place you want and then click the Scissor button. You'll notice the large MKV file is split into two parts. (Please note: you need to choose the video before moving the Indicator by clicking it.)
- 2. Directly drag one video clip to the exact position where you want to split the MKV file, and then delete the added one (because when you add a video clip overlapping in the other, the later video will be split automatically). Of course, you can use this way to add a different video clip in the MKV file if needed.
3. Export the single MKV clip
Delete other MKV clips and just leave a single MKV clip. After that, click the "Create" button to pop up the Output window, hit the Format tab, and then select MKV to export the single MKV clip in one file.
Open the same project to repeat the delete and export job. In this way, you can make each MKV clip in a simple file.
Video Tutorial: How to Split MKV Video Files
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- •MKV editing
- Basic editing tips
- 1.1 How to Edit MKV Video Files
- 1.2 How to Crop MKV Files
- 1.3 How to Split/Cut/Trim MKV Files
- 1.4 How to Merge MKV Video Files without Gap
- 1.5 How to Resize MKV Files
- 1.6 How to Add Audio to MKV
- 1.7 How to Remove Audio from MKV
- MKV editing tools
- 2.1 Top 10 Best Free MKV Cutters
- 2.2 MKVtoolnix for Mac: An Easy Editing Application for All Mac Users
- 2.3 MKV video editors
- 2.4 MKV video editors for Mac
- 2.5 MKV video splitter for Win/Mac