- Green Screen Tutorial
- 1.1 How to make and use a green screen
- 1.2 How to shoot a green screen video
- 1.3 Watch youtube green screen videos and inspire your own green screen ideas
- 1.4 Ressources for green screen effects
- 1.5 Best green screen editors
- 1.6 Which green screen software for mac to choose?
- 1.7 Ressources for green screen footage and green screen backgrounds
- 1.8 Top 5 Free Green Screen Software
Best Green Screen Editors
Previously we have talked about how to use one of the best and easy green screen editor Wondershare Fimlora9 to edit green screen video on Windows and Mac . If you haven't got a chance to learn it, you can check out the short video tutorial below to get an instant overview.
Recommended Video Editor for Green Screen Video Making: Wondershare Filmora9
Related Article: How to Clone Yourself in a Video >>
As we can see from the tutorial above that compositing green screen video with Filmora9 is very easy. You can also make full use of other green screen editors to transparent the solid color and add any background video clip or image as you like, whether you are using a Windows Pc, a Mac, or an Android or an iPhone. But in this article, you will see a collection of green screen editors that works on all different platforms. We will share with you some other best green screen video editing software that you can use on Windows and Mac as well as some green screen apps that you can use in Android and iOS. The software ranges from some free green screen editing software like iMovie, Wax, VSDC Free Video Editor to the expensive ones like Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects, as well as some green screen apps like KineMaster for Android and iPhone users. Choose the suitable green screen editor according to your needs and budget to composite a chroma key video.
- Part 1: Best Free Desktop Green Screen Editors for Windows and Mac
- Part 2: Best Professional Paid Desktop Green Screen Editors for Windows and Mac
- Part 3: Best Green Screen editing apps for iOS & Android
Supported OS: Mac OS X
iMovie comes with every new Mac. Besides the basic video editing functions like crop, rotate, trim, split, ect, it also provides the green screen effect. To use green screen effect:
1. Make sure you have turned the “Advanced tools” on. Go to iMovie Preferences, and click "General", and then you will see a popup window. Select "Show Advanced Tools" to turn it on.
2. Create a new iMovie project and drag the first general video clip to the project. Then drag the second clip over the first clip. A pop up window will come out, from where you should choose Green Screen.
3. After that, you can further edit the video in the viewing window. Then click “Done” to save the settings.
Price: US $49.99/month
Supported OS: Windows & Mac OS X
Adobe After Effects is a digital motion graphics, visual effects and compositing app. It can either be used in the post-production process of filmmaking and television production or used as a basic non-linear editor and a media transcoder.
1. Click the green screen footage to make it active the program. Then go to "Effect"> "Keying" > "Keylight" to automatically add the plug-in to the software.
2. Go to the Effect Controls tab and select the "Eye dropper" option. Choose a section of the green screen and click "View" > "Status". Here you can any part of the green screen that were not removed. These areas will appear white and gray around the object.
3. Increase the Screen Grain until the outer edges of gray and white disappear and you see just the shape of the object. Play through the video to see the green screen removed.
For more details about how to chroma key in Adobe Premiere Elements, check this tutorial about Chroma keying in After Effects.
Supported OS: iOS (iPad)
Green Screen by Do Ink is an easy-to-use green screen app. It enables you to create incredible green screen videos on your iPad. You can either use the live video camera, or import prerecorded videos, photos, and artwork to get fantastic results.
Above are the best green screen video editor software and apps that we found valuable for chroma keying, including some free green screen software and app on Windows, Mac, iPhone or Android phone to some paid solution to chroma keying. Hope it is helpful for you to choose your own green screen video editor. With Filmora9, you can also adjust the compositing mode and opacity as well as the edge feather and edge thickness. Besides chroma keying, you can also stabilize the video, record PC screen, play video in reverse and much more. Download and try it now. Do not forget to try the new Filmora 2019 version to compositing a green screen video with its better fine tune settings.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>