Previously we talked about how to edit green screen video with Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor). If you haven't got a chance to learn it, you can check out the short video tutorial below to get an instant overview:
Related Article: How to Clone Yourself in a Video >>
In fact, you can also make full use of other green screen editors to transparent the solid color and add any background video clip or image as you like. This article gives you a collection of green screen editors that works on different platforms. The software ranges from free green screen editing software like iMovie, Wax, VSDC Free Video Editor to the expensive ones like Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects. Choose the suitable one according to your needs and budget.
Supported OS: Mac OS X
iMovie comes with every new Mac. Besides the basic video editing functions like crop, rotate, trim, split, ect, it also provides the green screen effect. To use green screen effect:
1. Make sure you have turned the “Advanced tools” on. Go to iMovie Preferences, and click "General", and then you will see a popup window. Select "Show Advanced Tools" to turn it on.
2. Create a new iMovie project and drag the first general video clip to the project. Then drag the second clip over the first clip. A pop up window will come out, from where you should choose Green Screen.
3. After that, you can further edit the video in the viewing window. Then click “Done” to save the settings.
Price: US $49.99/month
Supported OS: Windows & Mac OS X
Adobe After Effects is a digital motion graphics, visual effects and compositing app. It can either be used in the post-production process of filmmaking and television production or used as a basic non-linear editor and a media transcoder.
1. Click the green screen footage to make it active the program. Then go to "Effect"> "Keying" > "Keylight" to automatically add the plug-in to the software.
2. Go to the Effect Controls tab and select the "Eye dropper" option. Choose a section of the green screen and click "View" > "Status". Here you can any part of the green screen that were not removed. These areas will appear white and gray around the object.
3. Increase the Screen Grain until the outer edges of gray and white disappear and you see just the shape of the object. Play through the video to see the green screen removed.
Green Screen Editors (for iOS & Android)
Supported OS: iOS (iPad)
Green Screen by Do Ink is an easy-to-use green screen app. It enables you to create incredible green screen videos on your iPad. You can either use the live video camera, or import prerecorded videos, photos, and artwork to get fantastic results.
Supported OS: iOS (iPad & iPhone)
Green Screen Movie FX enables you to use green screen in a simple, fun and quick way. You can just choose the colors in the viewfinder by tapping the screen and immediately replace it with a video or image of your choice. When the editing is done, you can easily show it off on Facebook, Dropbox, Twitter or email to others.
Supported OS: Android
WeVideo recently updated its Android app and add the new green screen feature. One of the great features is that this app is cloud-aware, which means you’ll always have access to all your media right on your Android device.