- Green Screen Tutorial
- 1.1 How to make and use a green screen
- 1.2 How to shoot a green screen video
- 1.3 Watch youtube green screen videos and inspire your own green screen ideas
- 1.4 Ressources for green screen effects
- 1.5 Best green screen editors
- 1.6 Which green screen software for mac to choose?
- 1.7 Ressources for green screen footage and green screen backgrounds
- 1.8 Top 5 Free Green Screen Software
Best Green Screen Editors
Previously we talked about how to edit green screen video with Wondershare Filmora Video Editor . If you haven't got a chance to learn it, you can check out the short video tutorial below to get an instant overview:
Recommended Video Editor for Green Screen Video Making: Wondershare Filmora
Related Article: How to Clone Yourself in a Video >>
As we can see from the tutorial above that compositing green screen video with Filmora is very easy. With Filmora, you can also stabilize the video, record PC screen, play video in reverse and much more. Download and try it now.
You can also make full use of other green screen editors to transparent the solid color and add any background video clip or image as you like. This article gives you a collection of green screen editors that works on different platforms. The software ranges from free green screen editing software like iMovie, Wax, VSDC Free Video Editor to the expensive ones like Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects. Choose the suitable one according to your needs and budget.
- Part 1: Best Free Desktop Green Screen Editors
- Part 2: Best Paid Desktop Green Screen Editors
- Part 3: Best Green Screen Editors for iOS & Android
Supported OS: Mac OS X
iMovie comes with every new Mac. Besides the basic video editing functions like crop, rotate, trim, split, ect, it also provides the green screen effect. To use green screen effect:
1. Make sure you have turned the “Advanced tools” on. Go to iMovie Preferences, and click "General", and then you will see a popup window. Select "Show Advanced Tools" to turn it on.
2. Create a new iMovie project and drag the first general video clip to the project. Then drag the second clip over the first clip. A pop up window will come out, from where you should choose Green Screen.
3. After that, you can further edit the video in the viewing window. Then click “Done” to save the settings.
Price: US $49.99/month
Supported OS: Windows & Mac OS X
Adobe After Effects is a digital motion graphics, visual effects and compositing app. It can either be used in the post-production process of filmmaking and television production or used as a basic non-linear editor and a media transcoder.
1. Click the green screen footage to make it active the program. Then go to "Effect"> "Keying" > "Keylight" to automatically add the plug-in to the software.
2. Go to the Effect Controls tab and select the "Eye dropper" option. Choose a section of the green screen and click "View" > "Status". Here you can any part of the green screen that were not removed. These areas will appear white and gray around the object.
3. Increase the Screen Grain until the outer edges of gray and white disappear and you see just the shape of the object. Play through the video to see the green screen removed.
Supported OS: iOS (iPad)
Green Screen by Do Ink is an easy-to-use green screen app. It enables you to create incredible green screen videos on your iPad. You can either use the live video camera, or import prerecorded videos, photos, and artwork to get fantastic results.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>