How to Fix the Green Screen on YouTube on Mac
Mar 25, 2021• Proven solutions
When you are watching YouTube, you might notice that the video is green while the sound keeps playing. This can be quite frustrating when you are watching something interesting and the YouTube green screen comes up.
There are various reasons as to why you have a green screen while watching videos on YouTube such as some problem with the GPU of Mac. No matter what the instance is, it can be quite overwhelming.
In case the YouTube green screen video issue while watching videos is bothering you and you are looking for a permanent fix to solve it, keep reading. In this guide, you can learn about the various issues that lead to the green screen problem on YouTube and how you can fix it.
But first, let’s take a look at the various issues that are causing the YouTube videos to turn green.
● Outdated Graphic Card Drivers: The issues associated with the graphics card can be a serious factor responsible for the green screen you are seeing while playing YouTube videos on your Mac device. This happens when the graphic drivers are outdated and can no longer support efficacious processing and playing of videos on the device. Graphics Card Drivers rendering is just the use of graphics cards for all rendering of functions such as videos. In case the drivers are outdated as the operating system, you will see a green screen error.
● Unreliable Third-Party Software: Any software from another source when used on Mac can lead to system errors. This will lead to green screen videos. It is more so when malware finds its way into the system when you are downloading the third-party software. This can even be a virus that comes with the software.
● Other Factors: Other factors might be responsible for the green screen videos such as a corrupt operating system.
How to Prevent Green Screen on YouTube on Mac?
In order to solve the YouTube video playing issue prior to moving on to the tricky troubleshooting methods, try out the simple hacks given below to prevent the problem altogether. These temporary hacks are usually quite helpful when you are in a hurry to watch a video.
● Play the YouTube video in some other browser. Often, a certain browser has a history of displaying a green screen on it when you play the videos on YouTube.
● Delete temporary files and cookies on Mac. This frees up space for the system.
● Close the other tabs and interfaces in the browser when you are watching the video online. This way the activities on the open window are not going to lead to an error while playing the video.
● Clear the cache data. By doing this, you can make sure that your system has enough space.
● Update the browser you are using to view videos on the latest browser.
● Reboot the Mac device if you are using it for a while. At times, rebooting the computer is all that you have to do to get the video working properly yet again after an error occurs.
How to Fix YouTube Green Screen?
As the video playing problem is primarily related to graphic drivers and hardware in the computer, further troubleshooting methods are for available for fixing these problems.
Hence, when the hacks fail to work and you keep seeing YouTube green screen, try out the following methods to fix this issue.
1. Disable Hardware Acceleration
The computer uses GPU rather than CPU for loading graphic intensive programs during hardware acceleration.
Nevertheless, some problems might occur when rendering the web pages from the Central Processing Unit to the Graphic Processing Unit. This causes performance problems. You might notice a green or blank screen while you are watching high-quality videos on YouTube.
In such a case, you need to disable hardware acceleration for resolving video playing problems.
● Right-click on the video which is displaying the green screen.
● Choose ‘Setting’ from the menu.
● Now, click to uncheck the option ‘Enable hardware acceleration’.
● Next, close the window to reload the page.
● To watch the video, reopen the website.
If you don’t find the ‘Settings’ option on the right-clicking the green video screen, disable the option of Hardware Acceleration on the web browser.
2. Update the Graphics Card Drivers
In case after establishing the hardware acceleration green screen in the YouTube videos to occur, update the graphics card driver. The video playing issue might have been caused due to the old AMD or NVIDIA graphics card.
Here are the steps to update the Graphics Card Drivers:
● Right-click on ‘My Computer’.
● Now, click on ‘Follow Manage’ and then ‘Device Manager’.
● Next, click on the option ‘Display Adapters’.
● Right-click on the graphics driver and then click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
● Choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. The system will detect the graphics card and will find the latest driver. Restart the PC and the system.
3. Run a Troubleshooter
You can also try running a troubleshooter in the system to fix your green screen issue in YouTube videos.
Check out what you have to do.
● Open the computer ‘Settings’ app.
● Click on the ‘Update & Security’ section.
● Choose ‘Troubleshoot’ and then ‘Hardware and Devices’.
● As soon as the progress is complete, just restart the PC.
Now, you will have to view the videos once more to check if the problem has been resolved.
4. Adjust YouTube Settings
If you are persistently having this problem with YouTube videos, you can try to change the video quality to make it supported by the device. You need to do this in the following steps.
● Open the browser and play the YouTube video you prefer.
● Click on the ‘Gear’ icon and from the menu opt for ‘Quality’.
● Now, you can choose from different video quality options.
You might have seen how easy it is to solve the YouTube green screen issues while running YouTube videos on Mac. So, when you are encountering one, there is no reason to worry. Moreover, following the few hacks given above, you can easily resolve the YouTube green screen issue.
In case you are troubleshooting the issue, make sure that you begin with hardware acceleration and then move on to the other methods. If you want to create a video for YouTube using green screen, you can use FilmoraX for Mac. It offers various features that you can use to create a unique video.
Learn More: How do Beginners Make a Cool Video for YouTube on Mac>>>