Instagram reels are strikingly similar to TikTok and allow users to create their content by adding music to their videos. These videos can be 15 seconds long, allowing content creators to show their skills in just enough time to catch the user’s attention. You can edit and add effect to these and then post them.
This feature was recently introduced in India, and Instagram downloads went up by 11.4%. However, this feature is still new, and many people are unaware of it. So, we have listed all that you need to know about Instagram Reels and how you can make Reels on Instagram. Let’s dive in!
How to Make Instagram Reels in 2 Ways
There are two ways to create Instagram reels. You have the option to use the built-in editor or create and edit the video externally and then upload it. Both of these methods are very simple. Let’s have a look.
Method 1: How to Make an Instagram Reel With The Built-in Editor
1. Open the Instagram application and tap on the camera icon in the top left of the screen.
2. At the bottom of the screen, select Reels.
3. You could now see a wide array of effects on the left side to help you edit your video.
4. Tap the Record button to start recording the reel. Tap it again to stop the reel.
5. As an alternative, you can also set and start the timer for a specified video length.
6. Record the video in one go or divide your 15 seconds into segments and record short clips.
7. Tap the right arrow once to preview the video. If you are satisfied and content with the result, tap the arrow again to save it.
8. Once you are done, tap and open the Share page, caption your video and share it.
If you have a private account compliant with your settings and privacy, the video will only be visible to your followers. Your followers can use neither the original audio nor share it with people who don’t follow you.
If you have a public account, the video will be discoverable by a larger Instagram community. Considering the popularity, it will also stand a chance to land in the Explore section, where it can be viewed and shared by millions of other people.
Method 2: How To Make Reels Using with Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
Instagram does not limit you to the features embedded in it but allows you to create videos elsewhere and then upload them on Instagram as reels. Wondershare Filmora is one such app that will enable you to create your short videos quickly and easily.
The video editor has an array of powerful functions and tools that will let you be creative. The intuitive design and user-friendly interface are perfect for beginners.
Follow the quick, easy steps if you want to create a reel using Filmora :
1. Download Filmora and Install it on your PC.
2. Once installed, launch the Filmora App and create a new project in 1:1.
3. Next, import videos and arrange them in the timeline as per the order.
4. From here, you can cut, trim, split, and rotate the videos as you want. If you are looking for some advanced features, right-click on the timeline, and you will access features like pan and zoom, color tuning, motion tracking, etc.
5. You can also add titles, background music, and filters to the video.
6. Next up, export the video to a local device like your phone or computer so you can upload it to Instagram.
7. Now, go to Instagram, open the Reels tab, and upload the video.
You can now externally create your reels, edit them as you like and upload them on Instagram using Filmora.
How to Find and Watch Instagram Reels
If you are looking to get some ideas for content or simply enjoy reels by other people, you can quickly scroll through them on Instagram. In case, you can’t locate them, here are a few simple steps to guide you:
1. Open the Instagram App on your phone.
2. Go to the Explore page by clicking on the magnifying glass on the bottom of your screen. The explore page will take you to an array of posts that match your interests.
3. At the top of the page, you’ll see a large reels video.
4. Tap on that video to open the full interface and enjoy unlimited reels.
Another way to access reels is while browsing through your feed until you find an Instagram reel. If you tap on the reels icon at the bottom of the video, you will access reels only interface. The video will keep on looping until you swipe downwards to see the next reel.
If you need to watch reels by a specific person, you can go to their profile page and click on the tab next to IGTV under the bio section.
There are multiple ways you can access reels in your app. You can even give it a try right now to see how it works.
Short Videos have brought a new social media age where everyone can get famous by creating their unique content. Users will be able to edit it and post it on their profile, where everyone can access it.
These reels are in a short and exciting format that will keep your attention while they last. You can look for some unique creative ideas for your reels or simply enjoy great content in the form of short videos.
Hopefully, this article will help those who don't know how to create reels on Instagram or are still unfamiliar with the format. It is effortless, and with one app, you can post pictures, stories, videos, and now reels.
Shanoon Cox is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Shanoon Cox
Thank you for your comment. We will review it within few days.
Reversing a video or audio has become a popular trend nowadays. Especially on Instagram, almost everyone is reversing their videos and audios, and it's fun! So, if you're interested in checking our how-to reverse Instagram video, you've come to the right