YouTube is the largest video sharing platform on which you can watch your favorite video or upload the videos you made by yourself at anytime you want. There are some videos that you want to edit but faces difficulty in editing them. Now you do not need to worry as you will get here all the information about all types of video editing software whether it is free or paid for Windows and Mac operating system.
If you prefer to use your smartphone to edit YouTube videos, then these Top 10 YouTube video editing apps for iPhone and Android may meet your needs.
- Part 1: Video editing software for YouTube on Windows
- Part 2: Video editing software for YouTube on Mac
You may also like: Top 7 Free Online Video Editor for YouTube >>
Video editing software for YouTube on Windows
You can have paid as well as free video editing software to edit YouTube videos on windows.
Part 1 Free video editing software
It is one of the best video editing software for YouTube videos. The videos can be customized by using various themes.
- High quality videos
- Extremely intuitive
- Allowing users for adjusting contrast and brightness
- Compatible with the most commonly used formats
- Absence of some advanced features
Check the video below to know more details.
It is the best video editing tool for beginners. You can conveniently personalize your videos due to its unique features. It also helps in creating, editing and publishing your videos.
- It is easy to use.
- Ideal software for photo slide shows
- It also provides fun transitions.
- Advanced users get irritated by using it.
- Limited options for editing videos
- Susceptible to crashing down
3. Virtual Dub
This software is suitable for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms. It is specially designed for processing linear video streams including recompression and filtering.
- It can process large number of files.
- Overcome the problems associated with digital cameras.
- DV capture from type 2 FireWire controllers is also supported by it.
- Ability to develop a video file in Windows Bitmap file formats
- Insufficient editing power
- It cannot write MPEG-1 files.
Part 2 Paid video editing software for windows
1. Pinnacle Studio 19 (PC):-
This video editing tool is a perfect choice for novice as he or she can use it with great ease. It will create amazing effects in your videos. This software also has Project bins by which the users can import the desired files into a collection.
- Multi-cam editing
- Dual preview
- Audio ducking
- Live screen cannot be captured
2. Corel VideoStudio Pro X9.5:-
This software is liked by the advanced users very much. It will give your video a new and fresh look by providing pro-quality audio tools and more than 1500 customizable options.
- You can edit YouTube videos by using 4 angle multi-camera video editors.
- Multi-track timeline editing
- It is not suitable for beginners
Video editing software for YouTube on Mac
The video editing tools for Mac operating system are also available with or without price.
Part 1 Free software to edit YouTube videos for Mac
It is a basic video editor for Mac users. This software has built-in animations as well as sounds. The people who are new to the editing world should use iMovie software as it is easy to understand.
- Shaky video can be fixed.
- Offers background music and great visual effects
- You can also change audio over a video clip.
- It can be accessed by Mac and ions users only.
- Importing formats
It is one of the best video editing software for YouTube videos. It can be utilized for non linear editing, skinning, smoke simulations, texturing etc.
- It has 3D graphics.
- Advanced features like compositing system and a node-based material.
- It supports most of the commonly used systems.
- Slow speed
- Unintuitive layers system
Part 2 Paid software to edit YouTube videos for Mac
This video editing tool is of great importance as it comes in standard as well as advanced mode. Thus you are not required to buy separate programs. The users can comfortable switch from one mode to another.
- It is convenient to use.
- You will get updates regularly
- It supports only Mac operating system.
Cost price: About $299.99.
2. Adobe Premiere Pro CS6:-
This video editing software has two-up workspace by default that sets the bigger source and program monitor side by side. You can also personalize the layout with great ease.
- Improved Mercury Playback Engine
- Latest editing tools
- Highly expensive
Cost Price: £810 including VAT
It is non-linear editing software and can support resolution up to 4K in HD and SD formats. This video editor was also used for editing some of the most popular films.
- Compatibility with all the major operating systems
- Good speed
- Multi-camera editor
- Custom-made interface
- Missing some features like it is unable to create closed captions.
Cost Price: $24.99 for monthly license and $174.99 for yearly license