- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
10 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
In the last couple of years, the amount of video content that is being uploaded to various social media networks has skyrocketed. YouTube is currently the largest video sharing platform on the Internet that hosts unimaginable amounts of videos. In 2017 alone, more than 4 million hours of content has been uploaded to YouTube each day, and these numbers are expected to continue to rise.
Editing the videos you share online is important because the raw footage needs to be organized and cleared of mistakes if you want your videos to attract the attention of millions of viewers. That's the reason why we've selected the 10 best video editing software for Windows and Mac OS, that can help you produce visual content that meets professional standards.
If you prefer to use other operation system to edit YouTube videos, then these Top 36 Best Video Editors may meet your needs.
- Part 1: Video editing software for YouTube on Windows
- Part 2: Video editing software for YouTube on Mac
Video editing software for YouTube on Windows
Over the course of the last decade, PCs have become powerful enough to enable their users to edit video material captured with all types of cameras. These are the five best free and paid options for PC owners who want to edit their videos on a PC before they upload them to YouTube.
1 Free video editing software
Platform: Windows, Mac
Becoming a skilled video editor takes years of practice, but with Wondershare Filmora you can produce YouTube videos that have a professional look and feel, even if you are new to the world of video editing. The software features several editing modes that can be used for different tasks, but the software's Full Feature Mode contains all the tools you'll ever need to create a well-rounded video. Besides the fact that you can easily add as many video, photo and audio files to your projects, Filmora also enables you to perform all basic video editing actions such as trimming or cutting video clips.
The software's rich effects library enables you to enhance the colors in your videos, add text or image overlays. Wondershare Filmora also offers royalty free music you can use to create a perfect soundtrack for your videos that can be exported to YouTube directly from the editor.
- Extremely intuitive
- Beautiful and fashion effects, royalty music, sound effects
- Simple color correction and audio editing
- Advanced features like PIP, Green Screen, Tilt-shift, Mosaic, etc
- Compatible with the most commonly used formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc
- Designed for beginners and semi-pros
Check the video below to know more details.
On January 10. 2017, the iconic video editing software that was bundled with all versions of Windows in the last couple of decades has been discontinued. Windows Movie Maker was never a powerful video editing software, but it always provided a quick and simple way to edit videos. Adding titles, trimming or cutting videos in this software doesn't require you to be a professional video editor, and to make things even better Windows Movie Maker offers support for a lot of different video and audio file formats.
However, the software doesn't provide any filters or visual effects which significantly limits your possibilities. Windows Movie Maker is designed for quick edits that don't require a lot of video editing skills, so semi-professional and professional YouTube video producers will be better off using some more powerful video editing suite for their projects.
- It is easy to use.
- Ideal software for photo slide shows
- It also provides fun transitions.
- Advanced users get irritated by using it.
- Limited options for editing videos
- Susceptible to crashing down
3. Virtual Dub
The first version of this open-source software was released in 2000, and on October 27, 2013, VirtualDub was discontinued. The software was quite popular in the early 2000's but its fame quickly faded, due to its limited video editing capacity. VirtualDub's users can capture footage, edit, or assemble videos from TGA and BMP files. Cutting, resizing or trimming video clips is possible, but the software only offers support for AVI file format, so you may experience difficulties if your camera captured footage in some other format.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- It can process large number of files.
- Overcome the problems associated with digital cameras.
- DV capture from type 2 FireWire controllers is also supported by it.
- Ability to develop a video file in Windows Bitmap file formats
- Insufficient editing power
- It cannot write MPEG-1 files.
As the comments mentioned below, Davinci Resolve and HitFilm Express are two free video editing software for Windows and Mac, but they are likely for professional film makers.
2. Paid video editing software for Windows
The wide range of input file formats this video editing software provides guarantees that you'll never have to worry about the camera you're using to capture your YouTube videos. The Pinnacle Studio bring advanced video editing tools to inexperienced users and it simplifies the video editing process. The software is equipped with all of the basic video editing features, while the paint effects or 360-degree video editing support enable you to add a special flavor to each project you are working on.
YouTubers will find the mosaic blur with motion tracking feature useful, because it allows them to conceal private information in a video, but this feature is only available on the Ultimate version of the software. If you choose to purchase Plus or the Ultimate Pinnacle Studio versions you'll be able to edit 3D and 4K videos.
- Multi-cam editing
- Dual preview
- Audio ducking
- Live screen cannot be captured
Price: Pricing plans start at $49,95
2. Corel VideoStudio Pro X10:
This award-winning software features multi-track video editing option, as well as a number of professional video editing features. The Lens Correction tools, 3D video editing, or Stop Motion Animation features are just a few out of many reasons why Corel VideoStudio is one of the best video editing software products for PC owners. You can crop or resize videos, while the split screen feature is also available if you want to have more than just one video source in your video.
To make things even better VideoStudio is equipped with video hardware acceleration technologies that shorten the amount of time required to render a video. The software's users can export their projects to YouTube, Flickr or Vimeo, so they can save time on the exporting and uploading videos manually to these video sharing platforms.
- You can edit YouTube videos by using 4 angle multi-camera video editors.
- Multi-track timeline editing
- It is not suitable for beginners
Video editing software for YouTube on Mac
Some of the greatest movies in history were edited on Mac computers, but if you are not a professional video editor that doesn't mean you can't use your Mac to create impeccable YouTube videos your followers are going to adore.
1. Free software to edit YouTube videos for Mac
iMovie was released in 1999, and since 2003 it has been included in all new versions of Mac OS. The software offers basic video editing features, that enable its users to crop, trim and arrange their video clips in any way they want. Adding titles, applying visual effects or editing audio files is also on the list of features iMovie provides. The latest versions of the software offer support for HD and 4K videos, which means that you can edit footage captured with iPhones, GoPros, and all other modern digital video cameras.
The software's video-sharing capabilities are impressive since it enables its users to share 4K videos to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo with just a few clicks. Even though iMovie offers a lot of powerful video editing tools, professional video editors may find the software's features underwhelming.
Platform: Mac, iOS
- Shaky video can be fixed.
- Offers background music and great visual effects
- You can also change audio over a video clip.
- It can be accessed by Mac and ions users only.
- Importing formats
Blender is much more than a simple video editing software since it can also be used for modeling, animation, rendering, VFX or game creation. The amount of video editing features Blender offers is limited, but you can still trim videos, insert transitions or apply filters. The software's timeline allows you to add as many video, audio and image files to your projects as you want, and it grants you access to chroma vectorscope, live preview, and histogram displays.
Audio mixing and waveform visualization options provide a considerable amount of creative freedom to the software's users, while speed control and layer adjustment features broaden the scope of video editing actions you can perform with Blender. Despite the amazing animation, modeling and video editing features, this software fails to live up to the standards set by professional video editing software products for Mac.
Platform: Mac, Linux, Windows
- It has 3D graphics.
- Advanced features like compositing system and a node-based material.
- It supports most of the commonly used systems.
- Slow speed
- Not the best choice for inexperienced video editors.
2. Paid software to edit YouTube videos for Mac
This video editing software is famous for its high-end video editing capabilities and it is frequently used by the industry's leading professionals on demanding projects. Final Cut Pro is designed for non-linear and non-destructive video editing and it offers tools that make working with large amounts of video, audio and image files easier. The recent versions of the software offer support for 4K and 5K videos, while the 360-degree video editing is also an option that is available to the video editor's users.
A brief look at the list of feature Final Cut Pro offers will leave you wondering if there is anything this software cannot do. That's the reason why YouTube video producers can only benefit from editing their videos in Final Cut Pro, one of the best video editing software for Mac ever created.
- It is convenient to use.
- You will get updates regularly
- It supports only Mac operating system.
Cost price: $299,99, free trial available
Gone Girl or Deadpool are just a few cult movies edited with Adobe Premiere Pro, The software is reliable and offers features that surpass the demands even the most advanced YouTube video producers have. However, this doesn't mean you can't use the Adobe's video editing software to perform quick and simple edits on your footage. Importing and organizing video files is easy in Adobe Premiere Pro while applying transitions or removing the unwanted parts of a video clip is a simple operation which even the novice video editors can perform.
The software offers support for nearly all video file formats, including the 8K footage produced by professional video cameras. Adobe Premiere Pro CC also enables you to edit VR or 360-degree videos, while adding motion graphics or customizable transitions is also on the list of features the software provides.
Platform: Mac, Windows
- Improved Mercury Playback Engine
- Latest editing tools
- Highly expensive
Cost Price: $20,99 per month, billed annually
The features Lightworks offers may seem intimidating to inexperienced video editors, but this software is also a perfect learning tool. The user-friendly interface is equipped with a rich selection of visual effects, transitions and superb trimming options which guarantee that each YouTube video you edit in Lightworks is going to be a small masterpiece.
The software supports all popular video file formats, including 4K videos, and you can export your videos to YouTube easily. What's more, Lightworks is optimized to save time on exporting files, so you won't have to spend a lot of time waiting for your videos to be uploaded to your YouTube channel. Professionals will enjoy the Multicam editing feature that enables you to work with the footage captured by two or more video cameras.
Platform: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Compatibility with all the major operating systems
- Good speed
- Multi-camera editor
- Custom-made interface
- The free version of the software has limited export capabilities.
- Demanding system requirements.
Cost Price: Free version available, $24,99 per month, One Year License: $174,99
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>