- • How-to tips for basic video editing
- 1.1 How to join video files
- 1.2 How to edit video frame
- 1.3 How to rotate video
- 1.4 How to crop video
- 1.5 How to trim video
- 1.6 How to reduce video size
- 1.7 How to compress video
- 1.8 How to improve video resolution
- 1.9 How to change aspect ratio
- 1.10 How to reverse your video
How to Reduce Video File Size
Maybe you need to reduce video file size for email quickly and easily, or for sharing on YouTube, or for releasing more storage space. There are three different ways to deduce the size of your video files. One is to decrease video file size by changing video resolution, bit rate and frame rate etc. Another is to lower video size by saving it in other format like FLV etc. The last one is to cut off unnecessary video clips from your big video file. Here a smart video size reducer - Wondershare Filmora can meet all of your editing requirements.
Smart Video Reducer: Wondershare Filmora
- Cut off your unwanted segments of a video file.
- Enables you to change video resolution, bit rate and frame rate.
- Convert videos to other formats with smaller size.
- Easily share on YouTube and Facebook or burn a DVD collection.
- Supported OS: Windows & Mac.
1. Import video files to the User's album
Press "Import" button on the top-left corner to import your local video files to the album of this video reducer. Alternatively, directly drag videos from the computer to this app's album. Next, drag one of your wanted videos from the album to this app's the timeline at bottom.
2. (Optional) Cut off some unnecessary clips
3. Change some settings
Hit the "Create" button to open the output window and click the Format tab there. Note that if you don't care about the change of video format, you can convert your video to another format with high compression rate like FLV. Otherwise, just keep the original video format and then set its other video parameters. To do it, you can click the triangle button. In the Advanced settings window, choose a lower video resolution, frame Rate and/or bit rate.
When it's done, click the “Create” button again to create a smaller-size video file.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>