- • Complete MP4 video editing guide
- 1. MP4 video editing tools for Windows
- See more
- 2. MP4 video editing tools for Mac
- See more
- 3. MP4 video editing tips
- 3.1 How to Edit MP4 File
- 3.2 How to Cut MP4 Video Files
- 3.3 How to Crop MP4 Video Files
- 3.4 How to Split MP4 Video Files
- 3.5 How to Trim/Cut/Split MP4 File
- 3.6 How to Mix MP4 Video Files
- 3.7 How to Add Audio to MP4 Video
- 3.8 How to Remove Audio from MP4 Video
- 3.9 How to Rotate MP4 Videos
- 3.10 How to Resize MP4 Files
How to Rotate MP4 (MPEG, MPG) Videos in Mac/Windows
Have you ever recorded videos with your mobile phone in MP4 (MPEG, MPG) format? Many people do and some of them end up recording video sideways. When these MP4 videos are played your computer, they're rotated 90 degrees. The good news is that most media players support rotating MP4 video upright, but you'll need to do so every time to play the video. Is there an easy way to rotate MP4 video permanently so that you can play it without hassles?
You can rely on a video editing software like Wondershare Filmora. Since rotating video is the basic feature of a video editor, it's not the reason why you should choose Wondershare Filmora. What makes it outstanding is its easiness and efficiency, yet with affordable price. Read on to get more information.
Easy-to-use MP4 Video Rotator:
Why choose Wondershare Filmora
- Rotate your MP4 (MPEG, MPG) videos with a click.
- Include all common editing tools like Trim, Split, Crop, Merge, etc.
- Provides more advanced editing features like Face Off, Tilt-shift, Jump Cut and more.
- Enhance your video with hundreds of built-in effects.
- Make a Picture-in-Picture video quickly and easily.
- Share your video on TV, YouTube, Facebook, iPhone, PSP, etc.
Download a free trial version below:
How to Rotate MP4 Videos
1. Import MP4 files to rotate
Click "Import" to browse your file folder or simply drag and drop your files to the primary window. This program has a User's Album to manage your imported MP4 files. When you import all MP4 files, they'll show as thumbnails in the Album. Besides MP4 format, Wondershare Filmora supports all regular formats, including MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, VOB, TOD, MOD, TS, TP, MTS, M2TS, etc.
2. Rotate MP4 video files
To rotate MP4 video files, you need to drag it from the User's Album to the video track on the Timeline. Then double click the MP4 video thumbnail on Timeline to show up the Rotate options by which you can rotate MP4 video with one click. Below is the description for the 4 rotation related options. Just click each to rotate or flip your MP4 video. The operation will immediately take effect.
- 1.Rotate MP4 video 90 degrees clockwise and continuously. Therefore, you can rotate video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees and no change.
- 2.Rotate MP4 video 90 degrees anticlockwise and continuously, similar to the first one, but in anti-direction.
- 3.Flip MP4 video horizontally, upside down.
- 4.Flip MP4 video vertical, left to right.
3. Export permanently rotated MP4 video files
When your MP4 file has been rotated upright, and maybe also enhanced with another tool, now it's the time to save the change permanently so that you can play it perfectly either on PC, TV, device or YouTube. Wondershare Filmora almost supports all sharing possibilities. To do so, click "Create" button and you get 4 tabs: Device, Format, YouTube and DVD. They are self-evident. In each tab, choose the right format/device, or type in the necessary information before finally clicking "Create" button to output rotated MP4 videos.
Want to reduce video file size for email or sharing on YouTube, or for releasing more storage space? If so, you need a great video size reducer to do it.
by Liza Brown Dec 09, 2022 15:29 PM
Looking for some free video croppers to get rid of unwanted parts of a video? Check our picks of the best free video croppers to crop mp4 video or other format videos on laptop with online and offline
by Liza Brown Jan 04, 2023 17:42 PM
See how easy it is to blur faces in a video using Wondershare Filmora. Let's try to blur the video right now.
by Liza Brown Sep 01, 2022 20:02 PM