- • Ultimate Action Cam Guide
- Complete Buying Guide
- 1. Buying Guide for Beginners
- 2. Best Action Cameras 2017
- 3. GoPro Deals
- 3. GoPro Alternatives
- By situation+
- 1. For diving
- 2. For surfing
- 3. Wearable action cam
- 4. For backpacking
- 5. For motorcycle
- 6. for hunting
- 7. For skiing
- 8. For fishing
- By budget+
- By feature+
- 1. Waterproof action cam
- 2. 4K action cam
- 3. HD action cam
- 4. Timelapse action cam
- 5. GPS action cam
- 1. Hero5 Black review
- 2. Hero5 Session review
- 3. Hero4 Black review
- 4. Hero4 Silver review
- 5. TomTom Bandit
- 6. Garmin Virb Ultra 30
- 7. Olympus TG Tracker
- 8. Xiaomi Yi 4K
- 9. Intova Edge X
- 10. Panasonic HX A1
- 11. Sony FRD X 1000V
- 12. Polaroid XS 100
- 13. Ion Air Pro 3
- 14. Drift Ghost S
- 15. Polaroid Cube +
- 1. Which GoPro to Buy
- 2. Hero5 Black vs Hero4 Black
- 3. Hero5 Black vs Hero5 Session
- 4. Hero4 Black vs Hero5 Session
- 5. Hero5 Black vs Hero4 Silver
- 6. Hero4 Black vs Hero4 Silver
- 7. Hero5 Black vs Yi 4K
- 8. Hero5 Black vs SJCAM SJ5 Star
- 9. Hero Session vs Polaroid Cube +
- 10. Hero5 Black vs Garmin Ultra 30
- 11. Hero4 Black vs Drift Ghost
- 12. Hero5 Black vs Nikon Keymission 170
- 13. Hero4 Black vs Sony FRD X1000V
- 1. Accessories Buying Guide
- 2. Mounts for pets
- 3. GoPro Accessories to buy
- 4. Tripod for GoPro
- 5. Helmet mounts for GoPro
- 6. Best Microphones
- 7. Cases for GoPro
- 8. SD Cards for GoPro
- 9. Batteries for Hero5 Black
- 10. Filters for GoPro
- 11. Accessories for SJ4000
- 12. Accessories for Yi 4K
- How to Use+
- 1. GoPro Tips and Tricks
- 2. How to use Hero5 Black
- 3. GoPro timelapse Tips
- 4. Avoid fogs on lens
- 5. Underwater shooting tips
- 6. Improve sound quality
- 7. Shoot timelapse with Hero5
- 8. Burst modetutorial
- 9. Improve battery life
- Editing Tips+
How to Improve GoPro Sound
GoPro is a leader in action camera world due to its impressive camera series. It can shoot photos with time lapse and Burst mode. But most people are using the GoPro cameras to record videos of their activities for its outstanding video quality. Although GoPro can record sound along with videos, there are few limitations on sound quality. So users often need some additional tools to improve the sound quality in post processing.
Tips for Improving Sound
There are two major options for improving GoPro sound: either you can use external microphones with your device or prefer to connect an independent recording system.
1. Using External Microphone
Before choosing the external microphones, there are a few things need to consider.
1. GoPro Microphone Adapter:
GoPro Hero2 used to have dedicated audio input port of 3.5 mm but after that all GoPro cameras were developed without dedicated audio port. So now you have to use an additional Mini USB port for making connection with external mics. You can buy Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter to insert external mic into your Hero5 session and Hero5 Black device. It enables line input and stereo mic for external audio sources such as mixer or audio recorder. For HERO4 Black, HERO4 Silver, HERO3+ and HERO3, you need to buy the 3.5mm Mic Adapter .
2. Microphone Friendly Housing:
The GoPro protective waterproof case never allows direct access to Mini USB port, so you may have to use your camera naked to access these ports. If you use alternative housing to access ports through cutouts then your device will not stay safe from water anymore. The best option is to use microphone friendly hard plastic frame that can provide better protection while allowing direct access to ports. This frame picks all sounds well from external mics.
3. Choose Right External Microphone:
There are so many external microphone products available in market that can assist users in picking up ambient sounds, music as well as speaking voice. Some of the best options that are compatible with all GoPro models are:
- Sony ECMCS3 clip style Omni-directional stereo mics.
- Opteka VM-100 Video Condenser Shotgun Mic.
- Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2.
- Countryman Lapel (MEMWF05BD2-R)
- Sennheiser MKE 400
- All Rode VideoMic Models
- Lavalier Microphone models.
You can find more information about microphones for action camera in Best Microphones for Action Cameras 2017
4. Foam Windscreen:
In case if you cannot connect your microphone due to absence of sound buffle then it is good to buy a foam windscreen as it can easily reduce external noise during windy environment. If you install this foam windscreen, then it will become much easier to record sound even during biking and surfing. It can instantly boost the audio quality.
2. Using Independent Recording System:
It is really a great idea to use totally independent recording system with GoPro action camera if you are not in favour of connecting external microphones. These independent systems assist us clear voice recording as there is no disturbance caused by external protective case. You can find so many stand alone devices in market but Zoom H1 and Zoom H2 is recommended as best tools by professionals for high quality audio recording. It can perfectly balance your budget and quality needs.
Note that here you need to make additional efforts in post processing as it is desired to merge recorded audio signals with proper synchronization to video. The price range of such independent recording systems uses to be much higher but still we have picked an affordable option for you that can provide rich quality:
This independent recording system comes with pocket sized sturdy body. It is a battery powered device that can serve users for hours. Zoom H4 is designed to accommodate built in stereo X-Y microphones and a 96 KHz/ 24 bit Linear PCM system. It can be used with XLR inputs.
De-noise GoPro Video with Wondershare Filmora:
While, you can also de-noise your GoPro video with the video editing software. We recommend you the Wondershare Filmora. The Filmora video editor is the most suitable software tool for editing GoPro videos. It comes with two new features:
- Action Cam tool: It provides ability to correct lens distortion automatically, assists in video stabilization, advanced speed control, Audio De-noise and color correction.
- Instant Clutter: This tool can merge or trim videos fast without decaying quality of clips. It can be used with videos created from Home HD camcorders, Phones and action cams with H.264 codec and supports MTS, MOV and MP4 file formats.
How to De-noise Videos using Filmora video editor?
Step 1:Launch Filmora application on your system and choose Action Cam Tool from the splash screen.
Step 2:Import your video to timeline either by clicking Import button or via the dragging and dropping feature. Remove unwanted files with Clear button.
Step 3: Go to Fix section and checkbox the Audio De-noise option to remove steady state noises from GoPro videos. Slider can be used to adjust de-noising level and finally use headsets to verify results.
It is also possible to add voiceover as well as background music using Filmora. One can also mute video clips or split the audio signals using advanced tools of Filmora.
Want to make your GoPro video more fantastic? Just try the ACTION CAM WINTER SET
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>