A helmet mount can be a superb idea when it comes to hands free shooting with your GoPro cameras. However, there are certain factors you need to consider before you choose your helmet mount. In today’s article, we are going to discuss some of the major aspects of helmet mounts so that you can choose one most suited to your requirements. Helmet mount is the coolest way to make the most out of your action camera and there are many ways in which the camera and mic can be mounted on the helmet.
Best GoPro Helmet Mounts
1. GoPro Flat and Curved Mounts
These are the most basic GoPro Mounts which can be easily mounted to any curved or flat surface so that your action camera is properly mounted at that spot. Ideally you need to buy many of these waterproof adhesive mounts so that you can easily shift your GoPro Hero from one mount to another. The mounts can be easily detached by applying a heat gun or a hair dryer.
- The flat and curve adhesive mounts can be attached to any flat or curved surface
- The industrial strength, waterproof adhesives not just ensures secured mounting but can also be removed by application of heat from a hair dryer or heat gun
2. GoPro Front Facing Mounts
The front facing mount attaches to the flat part of the helmet so as to give you self portrait and front facing angles. Just attach the base of your mount onto any part of your helmet and give it 24 hours to adhere.
- The helmet front mount would let you set your action camera in a low profile position on the front of the helmet
- The camera would extend in front of your helmet for self recording.
- The polycarbonate body makes it extremely durable
- It is compatible with all GoPro cameras
3. Helmet Chin Mounts
The chin mount is going to give the users the best POV angles they would ever get. The chin mount shots would look like they had been filmed from your eyes so that the viewers get the most realistic experience. It can be easily attached with an external mic mounted within the helmet. The helmet chin mount which can be conveniently attached and removed from any helmet would give you the best angle for POV shots.
- Easily mountable
- Compatible with all full face helmet
- Best mount for POV shots
- Easily detachable and transferable
4. GoPro Vented Helmet Strap Mount
It is more or less like the front mount but makes use of a strap instead of the adhesive. The Velcro strap makes it way more easier to mount and dismount your camera. You can ever attach it to the strap of your backpack or ever around your leg.
- Attachable to all vented helmets
- The adjustable straps would allow you to mount in no time
- The size fits all helmets
5. GoPro Side Mount
This mount which can be attached to the side of your helmet is a great option for motorists who don’t wear full face helmets. While the helmet front mount gives you a centred angle, the side mount would give slightly off centre angles. This official mount is attachable to all GoPro models.
- They can be attached to the side of your helmet or ever the vehicle
- It comes with 3 way pivot adjustable
- The pack includes curved adhesive mount, side mount and the mounting gears
Chest Mount Harness
Though the helmet mounts are the most popular mounting option for your GoPro camera, you have many other options for mounting your GoPro. For instance the chest mount which offers a view lower than the helmet would give your videos a super immersive perspective. The chest harness can be adjusted to fit almost all adult sizes and are compatible with all models of GoPro.
If you want to learn more accessories about your action camera, please check Action Camera Accessories Buying Guide for 2017.