Finding a right video editing software is like trying to find the best restaurant in the High Street; you just have to rely on reputation. Reviews from users and experienced software writers have allowed us to look at five MP4 video rotators, all of which are free!
Top 5 Best Free MP4 Video Rotators
- Windows Movie Maker
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- Recommended: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
Windows Movie Maker has probably been the best known video rotator and editor out there. Because it came as a free download with most Microsoft packages it has been available to most of us who have grown up using Microsoft's various operating systems. It supports a multitude of files and is generally very easy to use. Adding features like sound, music, special effects or even speeding the video up is very straightforward and what's more you'll love the various skins you can use.
- Different video editing functions;
- Several output options.
- Many different versions of the same product;
- Not available anymore as a part of Windows OS.
This is a bit like Windows Movie Maker but for Mac users. If you have the iOS Mac operating system then you can turn any video or movie you have into something with more features, flare and with all the special effects you will have seen on Windows Movie Maker. It's very simple to use and virtually no cons apart from the importing taking a little too long at times.
- Nice interface;
- The function to create fun Movie Trailers.
- Supports only a few video formats;
- Pre-processing and import trans-coding can be time-consuming.
One of the great features about Avidemux is that is works on pretty much any platform. It may be that you have a Mac operating on the iOS, a Linux system or have a Windows operating system, Avidemux works on them all. It also has many features that would impress more professional film makers with frame rate changes, tools for processing, encoding features and the usual cut and paste tasks here. Avidemux is good but might prove to be a bit challenging for novices.
- Provides rich filters;
- Has command line interface for advanced users.
- Outdated interface;
- May drop frames in certain formats;
- Can be complicated for beginning users.
You will find Lightworks among the more sophisticated MOV video rotators with its real time effects, colour correction and video capture button. But like Avidemux it may be a challenge fore those just starting out using video editing software for the first time.
- Customizable screens;
- Amount of video editing options;
- High video quality.
- It crashes occasionally;
- Requires a long time to master;
- Has to pay in order to get more functions.
This is specifically a video editor for those on the Windows operating system and supports all of the well known file formats like WMV, AVI, MP4, and MPG to name just a few. This software editor even includes drawing effect tools, transition filtering and an opportunity to save the formats to your smartphone or tablet devices.
- Provides various useful filters;
- Different output options.
- Computer resources (CPU and RAM) are required at a high level.
Recommended: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
If you want a more fully-featured video editing tool, commercial products like Wondershare Video Editor is a good choice. This video editing tool helps you easily create and edit home movie as you like. Download and try it out.